IF THIS YEAR'S TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS

The Breh

Reaction score
Oh look, doom and gloom up in here.
"We lost our whole secondary essentially"
"We lost our Dline"
"We lost Paul and Jimmy, now we got who the hell cares as WR's"

Probably the same folks who claim Jimmy is too soft, Paul is too brittle, Sheldon wasn't worth the payday and Sherm and Bennett are too much of distractions and that we're better off without all of em.
Literally bitching about them on the way out and then complaining about their absence in the next thread :177692:

All those players will be replaced by players hungry to prove their worth in the future, just like the guy's who've departed once were.
I hope the players read this stuff here and say "man...imma shut these clowns up this year"
Lose a few guys and essentially calling the next men up garbage in the process.
Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ? Because fans are fickle, entitled and do this dumb shit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, living life with a glass half empty must be depressing.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

AgentDib":26150fw4 said:
Coach of the Year is typically given to the coach of the team with the largest turn around from the previous season. If you take a 4-12 team to the playoffs the following year then you have a good shot at it. We were 9-7 last year so I don't think there's enough room to "improve" for Pete.

That is not the only criteria, dramatic roster turnover could also be just as relevant.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Breh":q1dbmdaf said:
Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ? Because fans are fickle, entitled and do this dumb shit.

Lol. Fans have absolutely nothing to do with it. Players dont stay 'loyal' because of money.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ?

Because at some point they are done being happy to just be in the league and figure out it's a business and that their job is one that has a high turnover, subject to injury and they can't play for ever. Getting paid while they can still play becomes more important then loyalty to a team or it's fans. If they can have both great, that rarely happens these days though.

The Breh

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2urq2ev1 said:
The Breh":2urq2ev1 said:

Lol. Fans have absolutely nothing to do with it. Players dont stay 'loyal' because of money.
Of course, rightfully so.
I'm sayin fans expect them to stay loyal despite all the bullshit they keep loaded in their clip to shoot off the second they go to another team. Players aren't too stupid to turn down $ to appease "fans".
I explained all of that throughout the whole of that post.
You're agreeing with what I said basically :2thumbs:

The Breh

Reaction score
chris98251":2qrzwsrd said:
Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ?

Because at some point they are done being happy to just be in the league and figure out it's a business and that their job is one that has a high turnover, subject to injury and they can't play for ever. Getting paid while they can still play becomes more important then loyalty to a team or it's fans. If they can have both great, that rarely happens these days though.

I'm on the players side as far as all of it, I agree with everything you said.
I'm shittin on silly/salty fans throughout the whole thing that are completely unaware how dumb it all looks and sounds.
I'm just venting in here to no one in particular.
Unless they're burning jerseys and calling them traitors, that is :stirthepot:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We will revisit this thread at the end of the year when they miss the wildcard or get buried in the wildcard game.

I hope I am wrong. But I am not going to be.

Have fun being an optimist.

sutz

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":rtv60pnh said:
We will revisit this thread at the end of the year when they miss the wildcard or get buried in the wildcard game.

I hope I am wrong. But I am not going to be.

Have fun being an optimist.
Confidence is that feeling you get before you understand the situation. ;)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe

I was only right about

Harvin
Tate
Losing Lynch
Trading Unger/Getting Graham
Losing Browner
Drafting Malik
Needing to get rid of our OC
Getting rid of Scott M

But this time I might be wrong - let's hope you are correct.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":gpbdgd79 said:
We lost our secondary, essentially.

Our entire tactic of keeping the game close for 3 quarters so Russ can win it in the 4th is out the window.

Our defense can no longer shut the door (or try) for 3 quarters while the offense figures it out. We have less of a pass rush now as some key people in our DL that get pressures are gone. We lost our lockdown CB on one side and we might lose our FS that plays centerfield for us.

In addition, the offense lost a ton of TDs. We really have Baldwin and who the hell cares as our WR corps. And all these guys have adjust to a new offense being brought in.

So the offense is going to have to score more to make up for the increased scoring our defense gives up. That would be a tall order for even a very good offense. But our offense has issues up and down the line, little to no RB and one of the weakest WR groups I have seen in a while. We have Baldwin and Lockett, and Lockett has never been himself since the injury.

We lost Willson AND Graham, and replaced our TE with some average guy from Carolina.

Maybe a year of hard work can reorg this offense into something at least productive but with a new OC and a roster that scares nobody? That is a tall tall order.

A few decent drafts can potentially rearm this offense but right now it isn't formidable at all and combining that with a weakened defense seems like a big obstacle to overcome in a Year 1 revamping of this magnitude.

It won't be a garbage team at all but I think playoffs is almost beyond optimistic at this point. Maybe a wildcard game, but I don't really even think that should be an expectation considering the massive losses/changes and issues this team faces.

Nailed it right here. We'll see what happens but you have to look at HOW this team wins games. Then you have to look at what has happened to the defense and you have to see that our game plan will no longer work. Maybe they will find a new way to win but since Pete is still calling the shots, I doubt it. Now look at what other teams are doing and I really doubt that the 'Hawks even sniff the playoffs this year. My prediction is 6-10. Not gloom and doom, just my perception of the facts. Sure, Schotty could come in here and revamp the O and we might score 30 pts a game. But do you really think that is going to happen?

adeltaY

Reaction score
If we go 16-0, he's winning CoTY. It usually goes to the coach of the most improved team, hence McVay. I still think Pederson deserved it more because the Rams didn't have many injuries and the Eagles lost Peters, Hicks, and Wentz and were without Darby for quite a while and still got the #1 seed. Regardless of playoff performance, Doug should've won IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2ku2g1b8 said:
Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

Both John and Pete probably should have won COTY and GM of the Year their in 2012, but after that our roster was stacked and the expectations were high, so not a good combo of winning these type of awards.

Usually they go to year one successful rebuild coaches and GM's.

toffee

Reaction score
Hawk vtg 2018 should be a much hungrier team, although with many holes in roster. I would be super happy to see the team in playoff, which means either Rams or 9ers, or both of those teams won't make it.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I hate to be a pessimist but I think realistically the thread should read "as if we have even a prayer in hell of the playoffs for the next two years or more".

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I feel like that Jim Mora clip from years ago should be posted in here.."Playoffs"???