If we are trading DK in the offseason

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wasn't that first TD to DK over the middle though? Wasn't the seam route to Dissly over the middle?

This is fan fiction that is being perpetuated. No one has been able to provide any proof that Pete has explicit said they actively avoid the middle of the field. They threw all over the middle last season as well. Passing charts show this.
That was my point we need to do more of it. The pass charts show the opposite we don’t do enough of it. I shared a video where guy goes over the past charts for every game this year. I’ll see if I can find it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think 2 firsts is a pipe dream, Hill and Adams didn’t even garner that kind of capital.

Funny thing, the only time I could find a WR trade involving 2 first was the Seahawks trade of Joey Galloway. Those first came on account of him being restricted. And I would say it was an absolute win for the Hawks.

On the flip side of that great trade… anyone remember Bobby Moore, aka Ahmad Rashad. They got a 4th for him

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You gotta keep DK.

DK with an offensive talented head coach with a new young talented franchise QB might be insane.

They just don’t make WR in the mold of DK.

hawk45

Reaction score
If we throw him about 5 more slants a game, sprinkling in double moves late, he can be a difference maker. As it is, he’s not a high point guy, so the few deep balls when Geno can drop it in the bucket aren’t enough. He has high decoy value, and that’s not to be minimized, but that’s not enough either. And I don’t necessarily blame DK!
If this OC sticks around then I don’t think a DK trade would be a disaster because this OC isn’t maximizing.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Most of the time they do not use DK correctly. That is why people are suggesting, potentially trading him, especially if Pete is going to remain the coach.
You are correct, if he was on my team he would play TE and every other skill position other than RB. He should be quite good at QB sneaks. Going over the top like Curt Warner used to for Seattle back in the stone age. Play the position like Jimmy Graham was supposed to, but line him up all over the field. Over the middle for 5 yards is fine with me, because with his speed he can turn on the burners and split the safeties when they bite. I watch College, and there are innovators there. Seattle, ZERO....

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That was my point we need to do more of it. The pass charts show the opposite we don’t do enough of it. I shared a video where guy goes over the past charts for every game this year. I’ll see if I can find it.
Please do find it

jeremiah

Reaction score
Pete just isn’t creative.

I like DK and would want him to stay and just crush, but I hate seeing Seattle have clear and talented players but used incorrectly or not to their fullest because Pete tries to mold the player around his scheme rather that the opposite.
I watched the documentary on Barry Sanders. Look how they misused him. Pete has a plug and play system. This goes here, that goes there. We need a coach like Oregons, who just drives me batty, because I hate the U of O.

Face it, Pete is D U N. Like the coach of the Bills, he should have retired after their first loss in the SB, and let someone else play with his toy. He was stuck in WHAT WAS, and couldn't improve on WHAT SHOULD'VE BEEN.. A few SB championship trophys. He was just too old. Old means inflexibility of thinking, of improving.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I watched the documentary on Barry Sanders. Look how they misused him. Pete has a plug and play system. This goes here, that goes there. We need a coach like Oregons, who just drives me batty, because I hate the U of O.

Face it, Pete is D U N. Like the coach of the Bills, he should have retired after their first loss in the SB, and let someone else play with his toy. He was stuck in WHAT WAS, and couldn't improve on WHAT SHOULD'VE BEEN.. A few SB championship trophys. He was just too old. Old means inflexibility of thinking, of improving.
I also don't understand those who say that Pete should get all this wiggle room or free passes for the multitude of inept seasons. Usually it's because of our own SB or the constant run of 10 win seasons and playoff appearances (and first round eliminations). I look at New England and it's more than likely that Belicheck is out after this year and his teams dominated the AFC East since 2001, six superbowls, nine AFC Championships, and his own run of 10+ seasons. I mean Tom Brady was largely responsible for most of that as it seems to be clear now and the last two years in New England have been disasters. But after a long and historic tenure filled with championships, two down years and the fans and ownership are gonna cut their losses.

If New England can do that and Seattle can't?

IndyHawk

Reaction score

Marv Levy led the Bills to three straight SBs !
The kicker cost them 2 if I remember right.
Your just age bashing really when it comes down
to it

PhxPhin

Reaction score
Marv Levy led the Bills to three straight SBs !
The kicker cost them 2 if I remember right.
Your just age bashing really when it comes down
to it
4 SBs, kicker 1 - alright that was a tough kick for the time. They became progressively less close - the last 2 weren't competitive.

Still an accomplishment.

At the time their no huddle offense was a challenge and they had some difference makers on defense

I despise the Bills, but those were good teams and I would have a hard time faulting Levy for much - their owner was a bit of a relic as well, but they held onto that thing as long as they could

Optimus25

Reaction score
If someone wanted two 1sts for DK then I think you'd have to consider it, especially if the said team was drafting in the Top 15. Atlanta, Green Bay, Tennessee, and Indy could use a #1 and it could be tempting if they'd rather get a commodity that is known and could still grow, especially in a new system.
Have to consider it?

I’d be falling over myself as GM to make that trade. Not in the division would be my only stipulation.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
4 SBs, kicker 1 - alright that was a tough kick for the time. They became progressively less close - the last 2 weren't competitive.

Still an accomplishment.

At the time their no huddle offense was a challenge and they had some difference makers on defense

I despise the Bills, but those were good teams and I would have a hard time faulting Levy for much - their owner was a bit of a relic as well, but they held onto that thing as long as they could
I almost said 4 but wasn't 100% so that's even more to the point
An old man..Older than PC now did all that.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Buffalo had a HOF RB, QB, Edge Rusher DE, Linebacker, 2 Wideouts and more... They left a lot on the table. A new coach usually gets extra out of a team. He cuts the dead weight, and brings in some youth. Remember that Schneider is the main talent evaluator. Pete is an employee, and past retirement age. I'm up there in age too. Younger than Pete, but sometime you just have to give it up. Let's see if another team would pick him up if he was fired. Okay, tell me WHO WOULD PAY HIM, other than Seattle?

Latest posts