I'm telling you, heat was a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":3hfbpnxp said:
As a Niner fan you have to love Threads like this. Its so fun to skim these posts. Please keep writing about the weather and heat. Im off today, I could use more knowledge of the Seattle football players , the heat and how its their Kyptonite. Just a thought. You realize that half these guys are from south Texas, Virgina, Florida, Louisiana ect ect. You are the Super Bowl champs. Stop tainting your own team, its unbecoming.

Don't you have a Quarterback to worry about? A shiny new stadium and perfect weather for a home opener normally doesn't add up to three picks and a fumble.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"As a Niner fan you have to love Threads like this. Its so fun to skim these posts. Please keep writing about the weather and heat. Im off today, I could use more knowledge of the Seattle football players , the heat and how its their Kyptonite. Just a thought. You realize that half these guys are from south Texas, Virgina, Florida, Louisiana ect ect. You are the Super Bowl champs. Stop tainting your own team, its unbecoming."

I am betting that plenty of Seahawk fans, frustrated with the loss, went to something like Webzone to distract themselves with the frustrations of Niner fans. I know I did.

Just like Niner fans are probably here, basking in our own frustrations to distract them from their own.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Heat was an absolute factor. I can't find the link but a Seattle coach was taken to a local SD hospital to be treated for heat stroke.

118-120 degrees is scary heat to be in let alone running around with equipment on.

Largent80

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":3oqhcqp1 said:
As a Niner fan you have to love Threads like this. Its so fun to skim these posts. Please keep writing about the weather and heat. Im off today, I could use more knowledge of the Seattle football players , the heat and how its their Kyptonite. Just a thought. You realize that half these guys are from south Texas, Virgina, Florida, Louisiana ect ect. You are the Super Bowl champs. Stop tainting your own team, its unbecoming.

LOL, your team got beat by the Bears.....and at "home" no less, thank you for reminding me of it.. :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus, IT NEVER EVEN REACHED TRIPLE DIGITS, people! I'm losing my damn mind up in here.

san_diego_weather_091414.png

Largent80

Reaction score
Sorry Roland, but San Diego is NEXT TO THE WATER.

The Stadium is inland and closer to Chula Vista. Right now, in Chula Vista it is 80, at 9 friggin 40.

I was THERE, It was extremely Hot.

Greenhell

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3pc1famj said:
Jesus, IT NEVER EVEN REACHED TRIPLE DIGITS, people! I'm losing my damn mind up in here.

The temp on the field was 118 degrees. They showed it on TV.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cartire is correct and it's been a problem for this team for as long as I can remember. The climate is vastly different in Seattle and your bodies "acclimate" to it over time.

Roland, you are mistaken. I live in Alaska but my family is from Texas and when I go to visit them, the heat absolutely kills me and it feels like my life is at risk at 103 degrees. To the local residents it's nothing, but that's because they live there.

If you came to North Pole in March and it was 30 below, you would freeze your ass off. But those of us who just lived through -50 and -60 would think that it was downright balmy. But when I went to Orlando last April, it was 80-85 degrees and I had the A/C on nonstop.

The body takes time to adjust to heat AND humidity.

In our 2005 Superbowl year we went to Jacksonville early and it was the same thing, except not as hot as it was in San Diego. The Jaguars wore their white uniforms, and the Seahawks suffered in the heat. That's another thing you are overlooking. When you lived in those hot places, did you wear black on a hot summer day? No, you didn't.

This team was not prepared for the heat and humidity, and that's on Pete. "The Chargers have to play in that heat too!" is a silly statement. That's like Sean Payton telling Drew Brees "The Seahawks have to play in the cold and rain too."

San Diego is built for the heat, their players know how to hydrate days before the game, they know to get out in that heat and humidity, on that field and practice in it to acclimate. "You play like you practice." Well if you never practice in those conditions, it's a shock to your body.

The Chargers team had all the proper set ups for hydrating, cooling, and IVs. Our team didn't look nearly as prepared, holding a chalkboard over players heads to keep the sun off of them. How's that an even playing field?

If you're not from a place that has extreme weather conditions, you're not going to perform there optimally. Believe me, I've seen it a thousand times. I used to work on remote exploratory drill rigs on the North Slope and would see these guys from Oklahoma get off the jet with a skimpy little leather jacket and cowboy boots on the Arctic Coast in January. They would turn around and get right back on the plane.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Greenhell":okfetxm3 said:
The temp on the field was 118 degrees. They showed it on TV.
How many times do I have to say it? They showed the thermometer sitting in direct sunshine. YOU CANNOT MEASURE TEMPERATURE THAT WAY.

The actual temperature was never CLOSE to 118 degrees!

JESUS.

Largent80":okfetxm3 said:
Sorry Roland, but San Diego is NEXT TO THE WATER.

The Stadium is inland and closer to Chula Vista. Right now, in Chula Vista it is 80, at 9 friggin 40.

I was THERE, It was extremely Hot.
The all-time highest temperature ever recorded in Chula Vista on 09/14 of any given year is 102 degrees in 2012.
http://www.wunderground.com/weather-for ... Vista.html

The highest it actually reached in Chula Vista yesterday is 86.9. More humid than usual increases the FEELING of the temperature by quite a bit, though; but for the love of Christ, people need to stop trumpeting this stupid crap about how the temperature was in the triple digits. It was not even freaking close.

Sorry right back at you, Largent.

Rob12

Reaction score
Greenhell":akliyz99 said:
Heat was an absolute factor. I can't find the link but a Seattle coach was taken to a local SD hospital to be treated for heat stroke.

118-120 degrees is scary heat to be in let alone running around with equipment on.

Thought it was an irregular heartbeat?

ivotuk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2j6u7v0x said:

All of those say PARTLY CLOUDY. I didn't see any clouds there...that report could be from anywhere in the greater San Diego game.

Buildlings have an effect on what the surface temperature is. 80% of the air temperature is reradiated heat. That means it is absorbed by the ground and then radiates back out.

So, if you're standing on pavement, it's going to be a lot hotter than it is at a thermometer on the side of a building. A lot of temperature probes are located off the ground and some are on top of a building where there's wind, so you can't take the "reported" temperature from someone else and say that's what it was in an enclosed structure with zero wind.

Just look at the people in the stands, wearing white, doing nothing but sitting on their butts and they were sweating. And most of those are probably people taht live there.

Largent80

Reaction score
Roland. My wife actually almost fainted, just drinking water, totally sober, and in the shade. Do you need any more proof really?
As I said before the stadium is INLAND, away from the cooling effect of coastal regions.
RastaHawks wife was also in the same boat. This isn't some made up, willy nilly thing. Hawks had 17:45 of Time of possession. SD 10/17 on 3rd down...the heat got to our defense and that is why we lost

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ivo, I'm not saying it wasn't hot. I'm saying it was nowhere near as hot as some people are claiming, and Fox Sports purposely perpetuated horse crap by sticking a thermometer in direct sunshine.

Greenland temp sunshine

Greenhell

Reaction score
Rob12":1qz7nnor said:
Greenhell":1qz7nnor said:

Thought it was an irregular heartbeat?

You could be right. Don't remember the details.

Largent80

Reaction score
Were you THERE?

If you weren't your argument is it wasn't that hot and it had no affect.

IF you were there, your argument is heat WAS a factor.

Clear enough?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Largent80":25vyg8hy said:
Were you THERE?

If you weren't your argument is it wasn't that hot and it had no affect.

IF you were there, your argument is heat WAS a factor.

Clear enough?

I think another member here who was at the game was saying the stadium ran out of bottled water at the end of the 3rd qtr. Unacceptable.

TRIODEROB

Reaction score
Charger fan here-

everyone said you guys were a bad match up for us but we were a bad match up for you.

this time of year San Diego gets about 2-3 horrible weather days.

your bad luck was that you got the worst day and the worst time of the whole year.

the stadium is very hot inside on a day like that - its brutal

combine that with the fact you were playing a ball control team with a Q-back at his peak in that function and you guys were doomed - we had the advantage over you.

on the other hand you still have a super talented team and a ring

just shows that football is like boxing - styles make fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts