Injuries in perspective

Tamerlane

Reaction score
I thought it was bad before but now it's getting ridiculous. Not only are the Seahawks #2 in the league for player games lost to injuries (virtually tied for #1). But by PFF grades, the team will be missing their top 3 defenders (Diggs, Clowney and Shaquille if he is sidelined again) and 3 of their top 6 rated offensive players for the year (Brown, Penny, Dissly).

I'm generally pretty optimistic but that makes even the Cardinals a huge challenge, let alone the 49ers.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNFL/status/1207420910703120385[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Tamerlane":7kehmhlf said:
I thought it was bad before but now it's getting ridiculous. Not only are the Seahawks #2 in the league for player games lost to injuries (virtually tied for #1). But by PFF grades, the team will be missing their top 3 defenders (Diggs, Clowney and Shaquille if he is sidelined again) and 3 of their top 6 rated offensive players for the year (Brown, Penny, Dissly).

I'm generally pretty optimistic but that makes even the Cardinals a huge challenge, let alone the 49ers.

Also shows how good Pete and John are at coaching and getting depth on this roster, the rest of those teams are not even close to sniffing the playoffs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thing is, I had no idea.... like Chris said, shows how great Pete and John are at putting a team together, and getting them to play together.

Jville

Reaction score
Tamerlane":3pi9tm4g said:

I realize that continuity is very desirable. But, different combinations are really interesting and instructive to watch. I'm certainly enjoying this season.

Thanks for posting :biggthumpup:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
maybe this team is deeper than a ;lot of people think

SNDavidson

Reaction score
For me this is simply the bearing out of an accepted risk taken intentionally by the organization, we knowingly invested in (barely, lol) recovering talent and have been playing them on the field. There is no clearer statement this year; Seattle was hoping to be right here with a winning record, a shot at the playoffs, and low cost investments paying off. But what is crucial, and why this cardinals game is actually a great game, is because this formula depends entirely on two-three young players to become solid. Today is the day to see, do we have three players breakout, get a bye, and get the beta healthy for a push?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tamerlane":k7e4y3p1 said:

Wait a minute here, I was told the 9ers injury situation was worse than Seattle's. I'm confused. :Dunno:

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1b0x3bvh said:
Tamerlane":1b0x3bvh said:

Wait a minute here, I was told the 9ers injury situation was worse than Seattle's. I'm confused. :Dunno:

Incorrect, they lost games because of their injuries, not that they had more. :)

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
Not to mention that was before this game started. Now we have Iupati out along with brown and our O-line is folding under the defensive line of Arizona. Now Carson has also been out with and injury and of course glass man Procise just went back to the locker room too. So right now we have almost all of our good starters out. The worst part is that Ifedi is currently the shining light on our line... and that is saying something.

Thats just our offense too. Our Defense is just horrendous now too. They are getting carved up by a mostly inept cardinal offense. Making them look like playoff contenders... So I personally dont have high hopes for us going deep into the playoffs. I hope im proven wrong though.