Is Browner injured?

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ieldicu said:
One WR (that we didn't have last year when we went 11-5).

While correct it is a guy that we sunk a ton of money in and we released our return guy because of that signing. A return guy that had some real nice gains at the end of the season to help the team out

Hawkfan77":2ieldicu said:
And so nice of you to put Kicker into your "argument" while neglecting QB...

Was hoping you wouldn't notice :D

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":36phjlem said:
Hawkfan77":36phjlem said:

While correct it is a guy that we sunk a ton of money in and we released our return guy because of that signing. A return guy that had some real nice gains at the end of the season to help the team out

Who is currently available as a FA. So if we losing Harvin was that detrimental to the situation, I think we would have scooped him back up by now.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
If Browner is out Sunday I don't think it will cost us the game, it could cost us a turnover though. He has been a ball hawk this preseason.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3imo4l3s said:
AbsolutNET":3imo4l3s said:
I think it's pretty reasonable to be concerned with all the injuries we've seen already

Other than Harvin, none are super serious. As in season ending or long term, mostly just nagging stuff like hammies and groins..........which if properly rested won't be a big deal by week 3 or 4. At which time both Clem and Irvin come back.

Sure it seems like we've been hit hard by injuries already, but I'd rather have the type of injuries we're seeing, AND them happening now rather than in week 12 when we're trying to win the division.
I'd say hamstrings are pretty serious. It's no torn ACL or a fused vertebrae, but they're very prone to re-injuring and can nag throughout the season. That's a tough one to get over.

C-Dub

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3mlesvkl said:
If Browner is out Sunday I don't think it will cost us the game, it could cost us a turnover though. He has been a ball hawk this preseason.
Hawks only need one shutdown corner tomorrow. The rest of the receiving corp after Smith is pathetic. I just hope someone covers the TE.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cartire":3lgem3cb said:
mikeak":3lgem3cb said:
Hawkfan77":3lgem3cb said:

Who is currently available as a FA. So if we losing Harvin was that detrimental to the situation, I think we would have scooped him back up by now.

No because we then went and drafted Ware and Michael and simply don't have room on the roster

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1vvlrmol said:
I think the injuries are getting over blown. Don't get me wrong, it sucks to have guys go down, but at the most important positions, nothing.

Really? DE and DT is nothing, now our most physical CB could be out? I wouldn't call that nothing. Just me.

mikeak

Reaction score
to clarify my own stance. I don't think these injuries are putting us at 4-12 but I am concerned about them. The second part of injuries is that you are now down to resever guys. Sure they can often do what is needed and you win games on the other strenghts of the team BUT it puts you in a vulnerable situation especially considering we haven't even begun the season yet. Now the real hitting will start to happen and injuries to backup guys can become huge huge problems

we were lucky last year with no key injuries for most of the season. If the backups stay healthy I think we will be fine but I am not going to ignore the number of injuries that this team has now. It is a concern

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":370mtaln said:
to clarify my own stance. I don't think these injuries are putting us at 4-12 but I am concerned about them. The second part of injuries is that you are now down to resever guys. Sure they can often do what is needed and you win games on the other strenghts of the team BUT it puts you in a vulnerable situation especially considering we haven't even begun the season yet. Now the real hitting will start to happen and injuries to backup guys can become huge huge problems

we were lucky last year with no key injuries for most of the season. If the backups stay healthy I think we will be fine but I am not going to ignore the number of injuries that this team has now. It is a concern

It really isn't that different from last season. Showing up on the injury rpt as limited is nothing to stress about.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Not too worried, we'll be fine with WT3 if he misses. Hell, we were still good with Lane & Maxwell holding it down last season CB in particular is not a position I'm worried about with injuries.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Thursday's Injury Report is posted. Browner was held out today.

Avril, Mebane, and McDaniel were full participants after being limited yesterday.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Basis4day":38gqmyb0 said:
Thursday's Injury Report is posted. Browner was held out today.

Avril, Mebane, and McDaniel were full participants after being limited yesterday.

Bad sign on Browner. Hammys take time to heal. Sounds like he may be out. Pity, because he was so awesome against them last year