Is Doug Really Done?

Is Doug Baldwin going to retire or will he still be an active player on the roster in September?

• He's done. Too many injuries.

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Come on man! This is ADB we are talking about. Of course he will be suiting up for the Hawks in th

Votes: 35 46.7%

• Total voters

AgentDib

Reaction score
Here's exactly what Schneider said during the draft coverage.

John Schneider":3f4hv497 said:
We know Doug's going to have a hard time. There's a process we need to go through with Doug.... Considering it, yeah, but there's a process to go through with that.... When you get to this point, he's at a point in a career where's he's considering a lot of different things. Once you get there there's a lot of different ways.. there's stuff with the league office, with the union, that we need to work with.

Of course it's only speculation. Bringing in the league office and union make this sound a lot more about how exactly Doug is going to retire - ie. negotiated injury settlement vs. release vs. retirement - rather than if he is going to retire.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
If there's a Player who could make a comeback from what he's gone thru it's Doug... He's been unbelievable when nobody thought he could or should play... I believe he'll be suited up this season, but will probably be used sparingly when absolutely needed... If he thinks he can play and be productive. I think he'll at least give it one more try before turning in his Uni... Whatever happens, he'll leave the game on a High! :irishdrinkers:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
If anyone could its him. Epitome of heart/fight. But if can’t man what a career he made for himself, left it all there. If hangs it up it truly means he can’t go. Deserves a Rudy shoulder carry if done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
retire or not, I would love it if Angry can be on the sideline like Kam. He needs to mentor our youngsters, transfer some of the anger on to them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1ufdlju6 said:
retire or not, I would love it if Angry can be on the sideline like Kam. He needs to mentor our youngsters, transfer some of the anger on to them.

While I agree, Doug seems to have bigger dreams and ambitions post football. As I said above, I wouldn't put it past him to run for public office or hook up with a major charitable organization to do more civic endeavors.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution. It was a prediction, this is a message board. He's clearly not old :roll:
Pretty impressive to say he's done AFTER it's announced he was cut. Amazing.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well that answers that. Damn.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I really hope to God this is a Marshawn situation, and that he comes back in 2020

JimmyG

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":193cmc1u said:
Thanks for your contribution. It was a prediction, this is a message board. He's clearly not old :roll:
Just as impressive as every single prediction being "my heart says that [insert super optimistic projection that is best-case scenario for my beloved team]".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I guess it's possible Doug comes back, here or elsewhere.

But honestly I don't think he's wired that way. I think if he still had a passion to play, he'd do everything he could now to rehab and continue committing himself to football.

Now that he's done, I think he's done. He has bigger aspirations in life, and like football Doug going to commit himself full time to those passions now.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hate to say I was right last year when I said he was done. DK time!

chris98251

Reaction score
This just in Jerry Rice is coming out of retirement and wants to know if it's ok to wear 89 this time.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":12b2bces said:
This just in Jerry Rice is coming out of retirement and wants to know if it's ok to wear 89 this time.

Jerry and TO, comeback bros lol

Donn2390

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1cpy752a said:
He IS old and injured, getting cut rather than retiring was a technicality to benefit Doug, he will soon announce his retirement, he is DONE... Next man up.....

James in PA

Reaction score
Just saw an article online that Dez Bryant might be a good fit for the Hawks with Doug gone. I don’t really see it, but it wouldn’t shock me either.