Is it a big reach?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2hp1l4zl said:
What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth.

The same mocks that had Russell Wilson undrafted, and carrying a clipboard as a third stringer until the midget finally got cut? Experts who said he would never be a starter, and they would eat their microphone if he ever did? Those mocks and experts?

I can't listen to anyone who listens to 'mock drafts' and thinks they got anything out it except stupider. :roll:

Largent.4.Prez

Reaction score
Fade":3vxjpncj said:
[youtube]B2M42wL7E1o[/youtube]
Beast.

Like the player, just disappointed they didn't either pick Hernandez OG or work out a deal to move down a few spots and draft Penny later. I really hope Solari makes a huge difference with the O Line or it will not matter who is running the ball.

Fade

Reaction score
massari":18edf1dm said:
Fade":18edf1dm said:
[youtube]B2M42wL7E1o[/youtube]
Beast.
I'm just concerned about CB, DL and OL. How are they going to find studs in the 3rd and 4th rounds at those positions? RB's are usually easier to find in the middle rounds than any other position it seems.

I agree with you totally. Pete had the blinders on, and he was coming out of this draft with a runningback in the 1st rd no matter what.

So given that circumstance, I'm ecstatic that Rashaad Penny was the guy.

It's a hell of a lot better than Ifedi & MM the last 2 yrs.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
King Dog":i39vc3x4 said:
This pick sucks. Should have traded back another time or two. If Penny was gone who cares. Still Guice, Chubb, Michel, Jones etc..... Oh well, at least I have chicken wings on the bbq. Winning
I'd take the other 3 over Guice in a heartbeat. Michel went right after Penny and there is going to be a run of backs in the 2nd.

Not all drafts are equal and only morons believe that RBs aren't valued.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GeekHawk":36ykajsd said:
brimsalabim":36ykajsd said:
What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth.

The same mocks that had Russell Wilson undrafted, and carrying a clipboard as a third stringer until the midget finally got cut? Experts who said he would never be a starter, and they would eat their microphone if he ever did? Those mocks and experts?

I can't listen to anyone who listens to 'mock drafts' and thinks they got anything out it except stupider. :roll:
BINGO!

Got a homerun hitter and folks are complaining because their favorites didn’t get picked, oh well!
People said we need to run the ball more, they just addressed that issue!

Fade

Reaction score
[youtube]vMTw9biilIs[/youtube]
Senior Bowl. He is a baller.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
When Penny was first mentioned in the NCAA board, I was already lookin at RBs that were successful with Solari and Schotty in their coaching tenure.

Penny reminded me a little of Ladainian Tomlinson (BS sort of) and Larry Johnson (MS). All 3 had similar upright running styles with deceptive speed and plus power. Penny is versatile like LT with promise to be a quality receiver but plays a lot more like Larry Johnson as a rusher. Deceptive speed/quickness, able to run with power and finesse, and both guys in Penny and Johnson that will play in rhythm to the Oline allowing blockers to set and be physical on the tackle.

I wouldn’t call Penny a huge reach, ive seen him projected late 1st/ early 2nd. Penny has the abilities to be a quality Rusher, and he seems like a fit for both Solari and Schott for what they’ve had at RB in past tenures in LT and LJ, plus added value as a WR and a possible returner.

Like getting #76 and turning a 7th into a 6th.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Would have been stoked with either Sony or Penny.

But Penny is great catching the long ball so I am happy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
stang233":b6m355wv said:
http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/a554b425-d3f3-4efd-8cec-34c52a240fdc
Bleacher report???? really??? LOL!!!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice surprise by the Seahawks. I really wanted them to get Rashaad “Money” Penny. Happy he’s a Seahawk. Also this could mean the end of Prosise’s Seahawk career. Penny can do all the things CJ does plus more.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1nasds04 said:
Nice surprise by the Seahawks. I really wanted them to get Rashaad “Money” Penny. Happy he’s a Seahawk. Also this could mean the end of Prosise’s Seahawk career. Penny can do all the things CJ does plus more.
That's actually worth mentioning and it is true that Prosise is a step back talent wise overall.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
JSeahawks":lntokbej said:
Rashaad Penny averaged 7.5 yards per carry at San Diego State, which you may say Mountain West and I say Josh Allen averaged 6.7 yards per attempt in the same conference.

This is funny right here

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't think people are mad because we didn't draft "their" player. People are mad because (or at least I'm mad) because there's a lot of good backs left and I feel like we could have filled in our draft gaps or got more firepower by trading back.

Like it or not, Penny is the #2 running back picked in the draft and a 1st round draft pick. He better be a stud, or Schneider just might find himself on the hot seat with another reach.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ng3qn0q said:
stang233":2ng3qn0q said:
http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/a554b425-d3f3-4efd-8cec-34c52a240fdc
Bleacher report???? really??? LOL!!!!!

Bleacher report. Mel Kiper. Blah blah blah

Once again, I blame fantasy football and Madden video games for the enstupidation of football 'fans'.

chris98251

Reaction score
Carson, Davis, Penny, McKissick RB and FB, Prosise is I think because of his durability become's Golden Tate 2.0.

Fade

Reaction score
Confirmed on the radio Pete wouldn't let John trade down again. Pete was getting his runningback in the 1st, as I surmised.

Great pick yet in still.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I see a future 3D RB that’s

-Patient
-Coachable
-Versatile
- enough Speed for Big Play Ability/HomeRun threat.
- enough Power to be phyical through the trenches, in and out of contact, and fight through tackles.
- enough Moxie and Grit (seemingly) to develop into a quality blocker.
- plus potential to be developed as a quality threat as a receiver: out of the backfield or spread out wide
- plus potential as a special teamer especially as a returner

Other than Barkley is there another RB that really checks all those boxes so well? Penny’s mindset is probably what set him above all the rest.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This renders McKissic as a camp body. Prosise may get hurt again, obviously, but McKissic now has no chance unless Prosise gets injured.

Now, that's just pure play on the field talking. Money might dictate that Davis doesn't make the team unless he can magically show he's head an shoulders above McKissic and Prosise, which he won't.

Injury will likely sort it out though.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
So are we done with CJ Prosise? He is still on the roster. I don't hate this kid Penny. He looks good but I thought we were looking for our next Lynch or someone close.

Latest posts