• Yes

Votes: 93 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 62 40.3%

• Total voters

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
chris98251":8l2pybgg said:
Pete keeping his nose out of the offense was the key, over managing the team hurts, letting the guys do their jobs and just working with them on game plans is the key, game day let them do their jobs.
Ahhhhhhhh good old common ground

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Fade":2lh9dshq said:
jammerhawk":2lh9dshq said:
The haters on the board certainly have a ‘Fire Pete’ agenda.

Clearly he has a few blind spots and is not Bellichek, but he is a good defensive focused coach. He needs to delegate the O more and butt out more in making decisions for the O.

Yes.

That is where the "hate" (It's not hate, it's truth.) lies. Level headed fans can acknowledge Pete is outstanding on Defense. Level headed fans also to should be able to acknowledge Pete is pretty damned bad on offense, both in personnel decisions, and schematically. It drags down the team, and keeps them from being their best.

Beating Jason Garrett and the Cowboys at home, and trying to use it as an "I told you so" moment proves how bad things have gotten. "Pete" Ball won this week, and good job by him for tweaking some things, (feeding Carson, and more quick passes) but we aren't out of the woods yet.

I want the team to continue to run the ball, and continue to win games. But I call it like it is. Don't confuse truth with hate.
And I want people to give the new coordinators and position coaches more than 2 weeks before condemning them. We can't always get what we want.

Fade

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1djsm7jw said:
Fade":1djsm7jw said:
jammerhawk":1djsm7jw said:
The haters on the board certainly have a ‘Fire Pete’ agenda.

Clearly he has a few blind spots and is not Bellichek, but he is a good defensive focused coach. He needs to delegate the O more and butt out more in making decisions for the O.

Yes.

That is where the "hate" (It's not hate, it's truth.) lies. Level headed fans can acknowledge Pete is outstanding on Defense. Level headed fans also to should be able to acknowledge Pete is pretty damned bad on offense, both in personnel decisions, and schematically. It drags down the team, and keeps them from being their best.

Beating Jason Garrett and the Cowboys at home, and trying to use it as an "I told you so" moment proves how bad things have gotten. "Pete" Ball won this week, and good job by him for tweaking some things, (feeding Carson, and more quick passes) but we aren't out of the woods yet.

I want the team to continue to run the ball, and continue to win games. But I call it like it is. Don't confuse truth with hate.
And I want people to give the new coordinators and position coaches more than 2 weeks before condemning them. We can't always get what we want.

Normally I would to. But immediately after firing Bevell. Pete said the offense is staying the same, and it has looked as such.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Fade":2dxzd12j said:
Normally I would to. But immediately after firing Bevell. Pete said the offense is staying the same, and it has looked as such.
The offensive philosophy is staying the same: Run the ball and then take the top off the defense. How that vision is executed is where the differences come in between the coordinators and assistants.

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3aoit46q said:
Fade":3aoit46q said:
The offensive philosophy is staying the same: Run the ball and then take the top off the defense. How that vision is executed is where the differences come in between the coordinators and assistants.

Agreed the TE is used much more in release routes as well as the running back getting the 5 to 8 yds or more when before it was complete or 3 and out. We just have to get more consistent at it.

BigMeach

Reaction score
What I fail to understand or get my head around is how I could think it's time to move on at all, yet I'm clearly in the minority on this.

Pete's rebuilding this team, he will never admit it because that would go against his entire philosophy of always competing. Over half the forum would rather be rebuilding with someone else? You realize how often that fails right? You'd rather entrust some other random hire vs. the guy we've witnessed churn a horrible roster, within a couple years, into a dominant Superb Owl winning team?

I know in todays day and age we expect instant gratification, but it rarely happens in football. So when you got a couple of guys who have done it before you gotta give them a chance. Especially with all the changes we went through last year to this year, and with the injury bug we've had so far. I mean, was anyone honestly expecting us to come out and crush it? I'm very excited for this team but have set my expectations real low intentionaly. I knew before this season started that we weren't likely going to be competing for the playoffs and might look really really bad at times. But that's the fun of it, that is what rebuilding is all about, seeing a team emerge as a contender out of the ashes.

The grass is greener on the other side?.. Unlikely.

Give the guy a couple more years.

Fade

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2oywzn66 said:
Fade":2oywzn66 said:

No.

The playbook has remained largely the same. Pete already said Schotty had to come in and learn Pete's offense. The language and everything. 75% Pete. Pete allowed Schotty the other 25%.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Fade":1w8im3fb said:
KiwiHawk":1w8im3fb said:
Fade":1w8im3fb said:

No.

The playbook has remained largely the same. Pete already said Schotty had to come in and learn Pete's offense. The language and everything. 75% Pete. Pete allowed Schotty the other 25%.

"If you put a number on it I'd say it's probably 70 percent of what they've done here and then maybe 30 percent of ideas from Mike and myself and some of the new guys," Schottenheimer said, per Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. "It'd be crazy to ask some of the guys to learn a completely new system. I've been working extremely hard trying to get up to speed with the way they've done things. They've had so much success here that was easy for me to do. I'm excited about some of the things that we've added both in the run and pass game. I think that'll be something that is noticeably different. It's a comprehensive approach."

Direct quote from Brian Schottenheimer. I think you're taking more from this than is meant. It sounds more like a transition of the offense to maintain knowledge versus changing it 100% and risking tons of mistakes. Sounds to me like the thoughts of a team rebuilding but not outright saying it.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Truth? Nope.
Opinion? Yes.

Big difference.

It also says something when people admit when they’re wrong...or not. But, this just an opinion too.

Fade

Reaction score
That quote proves me right. Schotty had to learn Pete's scheme. LOL.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Fade":3ru5de2i said:
That quote proves me right. Schotty had to learn Pete's scheme. LOL.

Schottenheimer said it and your numbers were off.

Fade

Reaction score
1st. LOL @ an arbitrary 5%.

2nd. Pete also said it first earlier in train camp / might have been minicamp. Pete said 75%. I am quoting Pete. (No I am not going to dig through off-season interviews and find it.) I value my time, I know what I heard.

3rd. My point stands it is Pete's offense.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Is it easier to transition while one guy learns 70% of the new plays, or 100% of players to change 100% of the play book? You're missing the point that Shotty was trying to communicate. Many experienced coordinators come in and keep part the previous playbook to make the transition easier.

It's the previous Seahawks (Bevell) playbook that all hold over players had already learned - especially Russ. As the season goes on we'll see his playbook expand with new plays. This also aligns with the way Pete likes to finish seasons. But this is not a mandate to adopt "Pete's" playbook.

Fade

Reaction score
nwHawk":320ec3oj said:
Is it easier to transition while one guy learns 70% of the new plays, or 100% of players to change 100% of the play book? You're missing the point that Shotty was trying to communicate. Many experienced coordinators come in and keep part the previous playbook to make the transition easier.

It's the previous Seahawks (Bevell) playbook that all hold over players had already learned - especially Russ. As the season goes on we'll see his playbook expand with new plays. This also aligns with the way Pete likes to finish seasons. But this is not a mandate to adopt "Pete's" playbook.

A long drawn out way to say Pete hired another "yes man" OC.
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2Fd3NjSIKlYXH2g2Fgiphy

semiahmoo

Reaction score
153 votes (is that all?)

60% saying it's time for Pete to move on.

Another couple wins and a third of those will likely jump back onto the Pete bus.

Another loss or two and the # will creep up to 70%.

Likely gonna be a long, tough year for Mr. Carroll.

Go Hawks!