Is Marshawn intentionally trying to screw the Hawks?

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3rkllqni said:
irocdave":3rkllqni said:
MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.

Why strengthen a potential rival? I love BM but I'd make him jump through the hoops for this. I'd be starting with his signing bonus that we paid out in good faith.

Not a Rival anymore, different conference and if he is going to go somewhere else a different conference is preferable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
From the most recent Tweets I've been seeing over the past 24/48 hours about Marshawn, it seems like this whole thing was more on him, and not so much on the Raiders side.

Sure if Lynch was an unrestricted FA, the Raiders would probably love to sign him to a lowball one year deal, have him come into camp and compete to see if he has anything left.

But from the stories I've been reading and hearing, they're hesitant to;

- compensate the Hawks
- pay Marshawn what he'd want
- deal with him not wanting to come to OTA's and even training camp

Me thinks the Raiders are now learning what we dealt with for so long, Lynch only wants to do things on his terms.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
kobebryant":2wet01ip said:
brimsalabim":2wet01ip said:
He wasn't the same in 2015 because our offensive line sucked.

Rawls ran for 5.6 per carry behind that 2015 line. Marshawn, 3.8.

Yup. Lynch was not the same that season. How much of his decline was physical and how much was his apathy toward the team, PC, the Front Office, etc., who knows?

Watching him in Training Camp before that last season was annoying as hell. The guy was clowning out there all the time. Definitely wasn't into it.

onepicknick

Reaction score
seabowl":1h0eozcq said:
I like the rest of you love what Marshawn brought to and did for this team. With that said IMO I think the way this scenario is playing out, he is intentionally trying to get one over on the Hawks. Why after one day after the Hawks sign Eddie Lacy, who will more likely be our lead back, does Marshawn wanting to come out of retirement surface? It looks like he waited for us to sign someone else knowing that we lose leverage in trading him for compensation once we did land a featured back. Teams know now that with Lacy, Prosise and Rawls we won't take on another back especially one with huge compensation that he is due.

Timing is everything here and with his wanting to return one day after we sign Lacy makes it clear to me that he wanted to hurt the Hawks by decreasing the trade leverage big time.

This is blasphemy you are no longer a Seahawk Fan LOL. You know if Marshawn wants to play as a Raider I say let him this might be one of the only things he dreamed of as a boy, It's cool to fulfill your dreams.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1b8v8kva said:
UK_Seahawk":1b8v8kva said:
irocdave":1b8v8kva said:
MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.

Why strengthen a potential rival? I love BM but I'd make him jump through the hoops for this. I'd be starting with his signing bonus that we paid out in good faith.

Not a Rival anymore, different conference and if he is going to go somewhere else a different conference is preferable.

Are you suggesting i still think it's the 80s or do you not know what the word potential means?