Is our WR corps one of the top 5 worst in the league? (poll)

Is our WR corps one of the top 5 worst in the league?

• Yes

Votes: 101 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksurething":1h8nqb62 said:
CPHawk":1h8nqb62 said:
Lafell would easily be the best WR on our team.

Your 100% correct . it is a freaking shame. Lol.

Pats have elite Gronk ! Then they get a good WR in lafell. Always have good run game & defense. And amazing O-lines.

Why pats get all that complete team & not us hawks ? Why would anyone not want us to have a complete team anyways ? What is their hidden agenda ?

Huh " why not us". ;)

Run game was non existent in the Super Bowl, scratch that, and they use a committee and had a suspect line all season, Gronk and the mini Me WR's carried that team against suspect AFC defenses all season, their defense didn't stop Lynch, didn't stop our bad WR's based on your opinion. They won because of a depleted team full of injuries and were able to move the ball after we lost another two players in the game and had a wheelchair secondary. Even then the Bevell call was the separation from win and or lose that game. Were going to come back healthy and mostly intact as a team, how many players are the Pats going to have to re sign? How are they going to pay their secondary since everyone says we couldn't do it but did.

Would not write the Pats in to the AFC spot yet for the Super Bowl. Just as I would not write the Seahawks in, we face a much more competitive conference so there is no gimme.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":beyc45ie said:
King Dog":beyc45ie said:
Scottemojo":beyc45ie said:
We might be bottom 5, but the team that beat us in the SB is probably bottom 10.

Probaly the most over rated position in football for providing a championship difference.

Maybe....One thing is for sure. Edelman absolutely exposed our secondary. We had nothing for him.

It hurt seeing Burley padded up on the sideline, but inactive. I think he would have made a difference when Lane went down.
That's not even close to being one sure thing. Not even close.

Completely agree with Scott, we were fine last year to win the SB and fine this year to get to the SB with supposedly the worst receiving group in the NFL

Wow. Wow. I completely disagree with you. Edelman had his way with our secondary. Simon was getting juked out of his socks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1gn6341e said:
Completely agree with Scott, we were fine last year to win the SB and fine this year to get to the SB with supposedly the worst receiving group in the NFL

1 yard away from winning it with this cast of street free agents

That said.. we desperately need a spark in the passing game. You bring up 2013-14.. but we also had Golden Tate who showed he's a pretty damn good WR.

We don't necessarily need Calvin Johnson in his prime out there, but the WR corps needs help.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bottom 5 based on what ? production ?

We're always going to be bottom 5 based on that, we're a run first team.

Based on talent ? maybe, but I doubt it. Put Baldwin on the Patriots and he's getting 85 catches a year.

Go back and rewatch the Superbowl. Baldwin was getting open on Revis, Russ just didn't see him half the time. He wasn't as open as some are saying, but he was dead to rights open, with the availability to throw, at least half a dozen times.

WR is one of the most dependent positions in the NFL. You need to have a decent QB that can throw accurate balls and read a defense, and you have to have an Offensive Line to protect the QB. Our OL was the very worst at pass blocking last year. WRs weren't even getting into their breaks, much less out of them, when Wilson was having to pull the ball down and scramble.

Improve our interior OL, and watch how our WRs magically get better.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2gx0oi6f said:
Scottemojo":2gx0oi6f said:
We might be bottom 5, but the team that beat us in the SB is probably bottom 10.

Probaly the most over rated position in football for providing a championship difference.[/quote

Maybe....One thing is for sure. Edelman absolutely exposed our secondary. We had nothing for him.

It hurt seeing Burley padded up on the sideline, but inactive. I think he would have made a difference when Lane went down.
I agree but HawkSure is going to throw a fit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":3o8abnxa said:
CPHawk":3o8abnxa said:

Your 100% correct . it is a freaking shame. Lol.

Pats have elite Gronk ! Then they get a good WR in lafell. Always have good run game & defense. And amazing O-lines.

Why pats get all that complete team & not us hawks ? Why would anyone not want us to have a complete team anyways ? What is their hidden agenda ?

Huh " why not us". ;)
Did we not have a"Complete Team"2 yrs ago?We was 1 yrd from not hearing anything of you this year.Unfortunately the 1 yrd went the Pats way and here you are!

hawksurething

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1g0r4neg said:
hawksurething":1g0r4neg said:
CPHawk":1g0r4neg said:

You 100% correct . it is a freaking shame. Lol.

Huh " why not us". ;)
Did we not have a"Complete Team"2 yrs ago?We was 1 yrd from not hearing anything of you this year.Unfortunately the 1 yrd went the Pats way and here you are!

Yes the bowl win year we was as complete as ever...we had Tate who wins jump balls even at his size,quick as a cat,KR,good routes,he just had trouble getting off the press.

We had Harvin who did great in the Superbowl & broke the will of broncos with that KR at the half...so much that the broncos players said so.

Truth is every Superbowl winning team had good recievers. Pats always have a slew of them in their wins. Branch,givins,gronk,lafell,etc... Having a gronk & just a welker wont work...or a Moss & just a welker wont work. You need 3 good options vs these good defenses.

You must have balance in pass & run. 1 dimensional always lose. Even then you must have a solid QB like Brady & Wilson who had 55 straight games scoring to take the lead before finally tossing that it due to horrible play call. not a Peyton who chokes so darn much even though he has multiple 1st round WRs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":2gohlil3 said:
scutterhawk":2gohlil3 said:
hawksurething":2gohlil3 said:
Wrong Lafell is good. Always was. He just needed a receiver that demands so much attention like Gronk & a O-line to give him time. edelman is a good slot WR,but I think Baldwin can be better than him in the slot.

Truth is hawks are at the bottom,so much so that Deion Sanders,Irvin,rice,etc say it publicly its so bad. Anytime you have undrafted WRs as starters your at the bottom. Now if you got a stud WR that demands double coverage & a undrafted WR?...that will work out OK. Maybe.

With a Run first team that keeps 8 in the box with a star like lynch...WRs are supposed to produce numbers like Dez did with Murray,Irvin did with Emmit,etc... Yet they produced weak TDs and can't get open vs good CBs in single coverage enough.

why gamble with your QBs health ? I'm surprised Wilson did not get hurt last year having to wait for our WRs to get clearly open. He could have risked throwing to them while they had just a little separation, but we seen how many INTs that produces with the kearse game. Did yall see that game ?
This is NONSENSE^^^^

Its nonsense that you say its nonsense, without give anything to prove its nonsense!

Wilson makes our nondrafted WRs look decent,flynn sucked with them,then did good again in GB before he got older & weaker. u can't handle the truth ?

Deionsanders is right. How is what he said about our WRs nonsense ?
Two trips to a Super Bowl, for TWO Years in a row.
Wilson threw the ball, and our undrafted Receivers caught many of the balls that were thrown, and here's an interesting FACT for you...ALL Receivers, and this includes the very best of the best....... drop balls.
You'd have us believe that the Seahawks couldn't go to a Super Bowl, and WIN one outright, and threaten to win the second SB in the waning Seconds of the Second SB?
Hell, if I remember correctly, wasn't it Kearse (the undrafted WR) that made the miracle CATCH that was thrown by Russell Wilson, and put the win within reach?
You (and Sanders) are talking like all we have is scrubs, and that's the "NONSENSE" to which I'm refering to.
It's like you and a few others are saying that we all we need to do, is dump our Receivers, and re-tool with #1's.
Fact is, that would still be no guarantee ......(See Peyton Manning and his prolific Stats get blown all to hell when he played against the Seahawks Defense 43 to EIGHT.
All the great Receivers get beat, even the HOF'rs.
I'm NOT saying that it wouldn't be fantastic to upgrade our WR's to include a big # 1 or # 2 , to help take the pressure off of Wilson and the others, but to dismiss our "Undrafted WR's like they're nothing more than Camp Fodder?, hell no.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not even a quesiton, we have a bottom 5 wr corps. We had a borderline bottom 5 WR corps two years ago when we had Tate, Baldwin, and Sidney Rice. Now two of those guys are gone. Just think....we brough Baldwin here to be a #3 guy, to primarily play the slot. All of a sudden he is our #1 WR. Kearse was suppose to be a depth guy who mainly played special teams, now he is asked to be our #2 or #3 WR.

Only teams I can think of that are close to us is Oakland, Carolina, Minnesota, Cleveland, Tennessee, St Louis, Jacksonville, and Kansas City.

On a bright note, our WR corps will be better next year, much better.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Taking off the homer glasses It's hard to imagine our receivers having much success outside our system. I like Baldwin and maybe if he was used properly he could be the exception but until we have someone to draw opponents best corners and fill the #1 role, Baldwin is the best we got. Add to that while he will usually draw opponents best corners he won't draw double coverage or open up the field for other receivers or the running game. Ultimately we need a dramatic upgrade at TE and in the #1 receiver role. With that the crew we have could possibly excel but until we have that it will suffer and hold our offense back.

The O-line can be upgraded by getting rid of the ball faster and I really don't believe there is enough talent in the league to protect for 4+ seconds on every passing down, not to mention staying healthy. Upgrading the WR corp and utilizing a quicker passing game would pay off ten fold in improving pass protection along with lineman being healthier.

I recognize the cry for better pass protection but it is based on what we see other teams do and the teams we admire are the ones who can get rid of the ball quickly. It's no mystery why those teams and QB's generally have higher rated O-lines along with general better health along the O-line. Add in that a single injury on the O-line increases the odds of more injuries and magnify that by the amount of time they are required to hold their blocks.

Wilson put up three TD's in a quarter of play in the pro bowl his rookie year. Why didn't win MVP is mind boggling but that quarter clip of play is a peak into what he could potentially do with elite talent around him.

Personally I am tired of hearing Wilson is only a game manager and only succeeds do to the defense and Lynch. I don;t believe that for a second but with the talent he has in his passing game, that is all anyone will ever think of him. Give him a real weapon and watch what he does.

His rookie year he had Rice, Tate, Baldwin and a healthy Miller. Look what he had in the last super bowl. 5 UDFA's and a 2nd year TE who is still learning the game. We are all waiting for Wilson to explode and tear up the league and I think most believe he can but for it to happen it will require more than just some guys off the street. No matter how much those guys have developed. We need a game changer and we will see Wilson change the game.

Veilside

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3ahcvp76 said:
Taking off the homer glasses It's hard to imagine our receivers having much success outside our system. I like Baldwin and maybe if he was used properly he could be the exception but until we have someone to draw opponents best corners and fill the #1 role, Baldwin is the best we got. Add to that while he will usually draw opponents best corners he won't draw double coverage or open up the field for other receivers or the running game. Ultimately we need a dramatic upgrade at TE and in the #1 receiver role. With that the crew we have could possibly excel but until we have that it will suffer and hold our offense back.

The O-line can be upgraded by getting rid of the ball faster and I really don't believe there is enough talent in the league to protect for 4+ seconds on every passing down, not to mention staying healthy. Upgrading the WR corp and utilizing a quicker passing game would pay off ten fold in improving pass protection along with lineman being healthier.

I recognize the cry for better pass protection but it is based on what we see other teams do and the teams we admire are the ones who can get rid of the ball quickly. It's no mystery why those teams and QB's generally have higher rated O-lines along with general better health along the O-line. Add in that a single injury on the O-line increases the odds of more injuries and magnify that by the amount of time they are required to hold their blocks.

Wilson put up three TD's in a quarter of play in the pro bowl his rookie year. Why didn't win MVP is mind boggling but that quarter clip of play is a peak into what he could potentially do with elite talent around him.

Personally I am tired of hearing Wilson is only a game manager and only succeeds do to the defense and Lynch. I don;t believe that for a second but with the talent he has in his passing game, that is all anyone will ever think of him. Give him a real weapon and watch what he does.

His rookie year he had Rice, Tate, Baldwin and a healthy Miller. Look what he had in the last super bowl. 5 UDFA's and a 2nd year TE who is still learning the game. We are all waiting for Wilson to explode and tear up the league and I think most believe he can but for it to happen it will require more than just some guys off the street. No matter how much those guys have developed. We need a game changer and we will see Wilson change the game.

All very well said.

hawksurething

Reaction score
captSE":b14arhxq said:
Don't tear down our team......

I know...build them up by getting legit outside WRs & putting Baldwin into the slot where he can earn a big contract like welker.

Making Baldwin play out of position and only producing 3 TDs in that position is killing his market value. & hurting the team as a whole offense. Also defense has to play too hard with all the 3 & outs :(

Andre Johnson fixes the #1WR spot,Torry smith or maclin or a 1st round draftee fixes the #2WR spot.

Baldwin will be a pro bowler in the slot. Paul will be a burner on single coverage once healthy. Matthews & all WRs can learn from AJ. Hawks pass offense is fixed .

P.S. amazing point about the O-line RichNhansom !!! You hit what I have been saying & many others right on the bullseye.

Build the team up :)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Short answer: No
I just don't agree with that. We simply don't use our WRs like many other teams do and that makes them look bad. I would be fine with zero upgrades at WR. To me, it's more important that we get some quality OL and DL players. The biggest difference between Seahawks 2013 and Seahawks 2014 was lack of depth on the DL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WmHBonney":37zcwvd2 said:
Short answer: No
I just don't agree with that. We simply don't use our WRs like many other teams do and that makes them look bad. I would be fine with zero upgrades at WR. To me, it's more important that we get some quality OL and DL players. The biggest difference between Seahawks 2013 and Seahawks 2014 was lack of depth on the DL.

If the Hawks aren't top 5, they're awful close.......especially if you include TE's in the receiver equation.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's funny that most of the people who disagree are actually disagreeing with the unspoken implication that we need to improve at WR. That is a separate issue; obviously a team built around great defense and a running game does not need an elite receiving group to be competitive.

I would take our receivers hands down over the ones in Oakland and Jacksonville. That's about it, which would put us 3rd worst, but I don't think that says much about our chances to win another Superbowl next year. Our receiver group entering the season is going to look differently from how it does right now and with Lynch back our offensive focus is going to stay on the running game.

As a side note, if you look at the moves the FO has been making over the last three seasons I think it is very clear they have been attempting to upgrade the receiver group. Their job is to bring in talent at every area and the receiver group probably has the most low hanging fruit at the moment.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
AgentDib":3t191ng0 said:
It's funny that most of the people who disagree are actually disagreeing with the unspoken implication that we need to improve at WR. That is a separate issue; obviously a team built around great defense and a running game does not need an elite receiving group to be competitive.

I would take our receivers hands down over the ones in Oakland and Jacksonville. That's about it, which would put us 3rd worst, but I don't think that says much about our chances to win another Superbowl next year. Our receiver group entering the season is going to look differently from how it does right now and with Lynch back our offensive focus is going to stay on the running game.

Also, if you look at the moves the FO has been making over the last three seasons I think it is very clear they have been attempting to upgrade the receiver group.

I would agree that we're the 3rd worst. But remove Jaguars and put Philly in that spot. The Jags on the other hand have a potential number 1 in Blackmon and some very good rookies from last year...which is something we can't say.

marko358

Reaction score
I fully expect our other receivers to benefit and have strong years with the addition of Graham.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Hate to say it but they are not very good in comparison with the rest of the league .

Latest posts