Is RW3 a top 5 QB in this league?

Sirdickard

Reaction score
RW3 is perhaps the lamest nickname ever. Great players do not even need a nickname, every now and then it is pretty cool....Sweetness, The Juice, Captain Comeback, The Stork, Primetime...........but playing off of another players nickname is VERY lame. It actually sound pretty cool to call a guy like our #3 by his full name and it gives the feeling of "been there done that". This guy is a modest hard working type player that just needs to be addressed by his true name.

dunceface

Reaction score
hawktawk":irusqmxb said:
RW3
DangeRuss
Russell Hampster
Mr. Russell Hampster
Mr. Wilson
Seabiscuit
Russell Sprouts
ROtY
Russell ROtWeiler
Russell the Mussell

how bout
ROY Wilson
ROYssell Wilson
Russell ROYson
ROYW3
TROYmendous

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
No, RW is not a top 5 QB and neither is Rg3.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rogers
Ryan
Manning
Rothlisberger

All these guys have won SB's or playoff games and have been consistent over a long period of time. What RG3 and RW have done is amazing, but lets let them win a playoff game or two before we put them in elite status.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sirdickard":2024yhs2 said:
playing off of another players nickname is VERY lame

It's not playing off anybody else's nickname. His initials are RW and his number is 3 hence RW3. It has nothing to do with Robert Griffen III or LT1 or LT2 or Ochocinco or whoever else.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Count me in on the anti-"RW3" vote. It's actually kinda embarrassing to Seahawk fans. Like we wish Russell Wilson was Robert Griffin.
:pukeface:

I agree with others here. He doesn't need a nickname.

First name: Russell.
Last name: Wilson.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
ensett":35peqgn7 said:
PGunning101":35peqgn7 said:
ensett":35peqgn7 said:
The RW3 name has been around for a few months at least, it isnt common, but it exists.

And we're here to make it un-exist.

But why? using initials+numbers is a common nickname method in sports, and its not like anybody has anything better. Except Im pretty sure the broadcasters on Sunday called him a "little waterbug"

DangeRuss is my favorite for him, and it is his own twitter handle.

mikeak

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":1m4lynjv said:

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rogers
Ryan
Manning
Rothlisberger

All these guys have won SB's or playoff games and have been consistent over a long period of time. What RG3 and RW have done is amazing, but lets let them win a playoff game or two before we put them in elite status.

How many playoff wins does Ryan have? I keep loosing count of them must because there are so many if them :). Hate when that happens especially since it is what makes a qb elite...

Sorry couldn't resist..

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
RW3 makes me wana :pukeface:

I saw that nickname back in August and begged to never see that again. Its so lame.

whats Drew Brees , Peyton manning and Tom Bradys nickname. exactly.

Ill take Russell Wilson all day. everyday. ... by saying rw3 you might as well be a Bill Levy fan!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
This nickname conversation is...

A. Stupid.
B. Ruining multiple threads.
C. Not an issue.
D. All of the above.

judgemint

Reaction score
i would rather it be Russel Hamster, That is the best yet :0190l:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":6r1fdazb said:

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rogers
Ryan
Manning
Rothlisberger

I would take Wilson all day over Rapistburger and Matty Mice. Eli's a toss up. Great in playoffs, kind of crap the rest of the time.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I don't know if RW3 is a top five quarterback. But look how much he has grown this year. He has finally developed a chemistry with SR18 and DB89 and has helped turn GT81 into a legitimate threat. Even ZM86 has gotten into the mix more and more.

I just feel bad for MF15. If TO10 hadn't dropped that sure touchdown pass in the preseason who knows if we'd even be having this conversation.

(FYI, for those of you that are going to bash me for making a useless post, I agree. That is the point of the post. RW3 is not, nor should it be Russell Wilson's nickname).

jlwaters1

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2hk4f10m said:

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rogers
Ryan
Manning
Rothlisberger

I'm sorry but Manning (Eli) and Big Ben ARE NOT ELITE QB's, based on this year alone. You can't have the mistakes and inconsistency that these 2 have shown at the end of this year and be a "elite" QB IMO. Their entire body of work yes, they are upper teir QB's. But this season holds the most weight and neither of these 2 lifted their team up and have several poor performances.

hawker84

Reaction score
how the heck is Ryan on that list, he's won exactly how many playoff games? gotta do something to be something first...

good QB elite, not yet.. neither is RG3 or RW, but i think they both will be

Fox0r

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a top 5 quarterback in the league.

Also, did Barry Sanders have or need a nickname? No. The greats don't need nicknames. That's all fluff.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I don't think RW is there yet. To be a Top 5 QB in the NFL, you have to have played at a high level for more than one season.

Hard to say he is ranked ahead of the following QBs with a larger body of work.

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning - although not this past year
Ben Roethlisberger

There are many examples of QBs who have a great season and never follow it up (i.e. Vince Young, Sam Bradford). I am not saying RW won't follow it up because I do not think he is anything like those other QBs, but one season does not make a QB.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
jlwaters1":i16dklhm said:
rdskns4eva":i16dklhm said:

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rogers
Ryan
Manning
Rothlisberger

I'm sorry but Manning (Eli) and Big Ben ARE NOT ELITE QB's, based on this year alone. You can't have the mistakes and inconsistency that these 2 have shown at the end of this year and be a "elite" QB IMO. Their entire body of work yes, they are upper teir QB's. But this season holds the most weight and neither of these 2 lifted their team up and have several poor performances.

Eli has two superbowl MVP's. He is a GREAT QB. He is going to the Hall of Fame.

Look, I would take RG3 and RW over most of these guys simply because they are younger and have the potential to change the game. But they are not elite yet. They are rookies who have played above and beyond all expectations.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Yeah, Manning x2, Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

He is top 10 though, and a much better QB than Roethisberger.