Is the championship window now closed?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
razor150":2xyz8elq said:
The window is closed as long as the team keeps trotting out offensive lines like we do. You can't expect to have a running game and to be able to protect your franchise QB when you march out the riff raff we have.

Our OL allowed only 6 pressures on 38 pass attempts last week. They did well, despite iffy tackle play.

And our OL wasn't good in 2013 or 2014, either. You just had a RB who could create on his own.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":wwdhhyf5 said:
That is pretty entertaining. People STILL don't get how great of a QB this guy is :roll:

Wilson is the only QB in the NFL who could have made that across-the-body throw to Lockett. That's the kind of play that wins games.

Just because we haven't in the last couple years, doesn't mean we can't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
After coming home from the game and watching the replay, starting with the 2nd half of course, that throw was ridiculous.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
sdog1981":1idiz2mz said:
Yeah about that. The Seahawks are now 1-11 since 2015 when they go down by 10 or more points.
This stat says the opposite of what we have all seen and so I'm skeptical of your statement. The Seahawks almost never get blown out(1 game, Packers). And games they get behind they either come back and win or make it very close.

When they win it's usually a beat-down. So you're going to need to explain that stat, cause I've looked and I don't see it.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ml76i4s0 said:
razor150":ml76i4s0 said:
The window is closed as long as the team keeps trotting out offensive lines like we do. You can't expect to have a running game and to be able to protect your franchise QB when you march out the riff raff we have.

Our OL allowed only 6 pressures on 38 pass attempts last week. They did well, despite iffy tackle play.

And our OL wasn't good in 2013 or 2014, either. You just had a RB who could create on his own.

In 2013 we had the highest paid oline in the league. According to football outsiders they were ranked 9th in run blocking and yep...32nd in pass protection. So yes, the run blocking was way better than the last couple years here.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2iunnvmp said:
sdog1981":2iunnvmp said:
Yeah about that. The Seahawks are now 1-11 since 2015 when they go down by 10 or more points.
This stat says the opposite of what we have all seen and so I'm skeptical of your statement. The Seahawks almost never get blown out(1 game, Packers). And games they get behind they either come back and win or make it very close.

When they win it's usually a beat-down. So you're going to need to explain that stat, cause I've looked and I don't see it.

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT,

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0

Chargers 2014 down 20-7

Rams 2014 down 21-3

Both the Packers and Titans loss this season

Damn dude why did you make me look this us? Now I am more bummed, this team folds like a cheap suit when they face adversity. Based off of what I just looked up this team seriously lacks the guts that the 2012-2013 teams had, they have become the fair weather team that falls apart once things get tough.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
If we win against the Rams and play well, one would think this would alleviate some stress and questions. With that said however, there is going to be a rant that the Rams actually were not as good as many thought and actually suck. The mental gymnastics is sometimes sad. The teams in the league are so close to each other(so far), quality wise, that it is hard to judge who is a good team or not.

Personally I will stick with, if we win and play well, that is a good thing. We can build on that. For instance, we beat SF but didn't necessarily play well. Hard to be optimistic but at least we won. We beat a sub par Colt team but we played well overall. Optimistic unless, "we played well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,' doesn't matter Colts suck'."

We owned the NFL in 2013 (I know we had close games but we slammed that season), we didn't own the NFL in 2014 but were very close to owning another SB. Bottom line is the O-line play is looking up and so is the gameplay. Sticking with it until it changes.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
sdog1981":3dyvecsj said:
Palmegranite":3dyvecsj said:
sdog1981":3dyvecsj said:

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT,

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0

Chargers 2014 down 20-7

Rams 2014 down 21-3

Damn dude why did you make me look this us? Now I am more bummed, this team folds like a cheap suit when they face adversity. Based off of what I just looked up this team seriously lacks the guts that the 2012-2013 teams had, they have become the fair weather team that falls apart once things get tough.
I appreciate the effort in your response. And I can say that I had a brilliant rebuttal, countering each of your stats, and in colour I might add. And then I got some weird coding error and couldn't post the response. Suffice to say that in many of the above examples the Hawks did the opposite of fold like a cheap suit. Yes they lost some games in the last two years but never folded or gave up. That cow pasture game in Carolina? They scored all the points in the 2nd half and almost evened the score....etc...etc. Buck up. 10-6 and playoff wins is nothing to sneeze at and absolutely doesn't suggest any closing windows. I'm optimistic. Go Seahawks!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Given that many good not great teams have won Superbowls, the window isn't closed until you have a crap team.
NY Giants have 4 rings and i'd only consider one of their wins by a "great" team.
Make the playoffs, get hot and see what happens. When we stop making playoffs, I'll consider the SB window closed.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2qqt9q3w said:
I appreciate the effort in your response. And I can say that I had a brilliant rebuttal, countering each of your stats, and in colour I might add.

That is a bummer because those are the best rebuttals.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Palmegranite":1u4dqo7h said:
I appreciate the effort in your response. And I can say that I had a brilliant rebuttal, countering each of your stats, and in colour I might add.

That is a bummer because those are the best rebuttals.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Let's try again...

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games OK, let's discuss. Got down early in cow pasture, scored 24 unanswered points in 2nd half. No cheap suit folding.

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT, Scored 18 4th quarter points to force OT. You can't include this man.

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year. That week 2 game the Hawks actually came back from down 10 to take the lead in the 3rd quarter. And OK, I acknowledged that one Packer game, but I just think back to the NFCC OT win and I feel better. You will too.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime They went 8-2 during that stretch,
nobody's perfect.
Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0 Outlier, held the opposition to 14 pts

Chargers 2014 down 20-7 Wrong season

Rams 2014 down 21-3 Wrong season

They have double digit win seasons in both 2015 & 2016. I'm very optimistic as this year plays out. Go Hawks.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2c9kk16k said:
Let's try again...

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games OK, let's discuss. Got down early in cow pasture, scored 24 unanswered points in 2nd half. No cheap suit folding.

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT, Scored 18 4th quarter points to force OT. You can't include this man.

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year. That week 2 game the Hawks actually came back from down 10 to take the lead in the 3rd quarter. And OK, I acknowledged that one Packer game, but I just think back to the NFCC OT win and I feel better. You will too.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime They went 8-2 during that stretch,
nobody's perfect.
Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0 Outlier, held the opposition to 14 pts

Chargers 2014 down 20-7 Wrong season

Rams 2014 down 21-3 Wrong season

That's it? I thought you were going to count with times they went down by 10 and won. There are no moral victories in the NFL.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed. We have every reason to bring our A game. Let's see if we are a 13 win squad. If so we win comfortably

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Interesting stat: In the same 2015->present timeframe the Packers have lost 11 games when down by 10 points or more. Q: Is Green Bay's window also closing? Q2: Isn't that slightly a moral victory?

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1tb9n6v3 said:
NJlargent":1tb9n6v3 said:
Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed.

It really won't.
If the Hawks get schooled then what?

The Rams are a hungry team!

Honestly, the core of the Hawks are past their primes.

I believe at best this is a 10-6 team.

Good enough to fight for a playoff spot but won't last long if they do make it.

Chapow

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":jefbjm9g said:
MontanaHawk05":jefbjm9g said:
NJlargent":jefbjm9g said:
Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed.

It really won't.

If the Hawks get schooled then what?

Then they will still have 11 games left to fight for a playoff spot just like every other team in the league.

A loss in game 5 of the season is hardly the season killer some here are making it out to be.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The consensus of this board was that we were a 12-13 win team. If we lose Sunday we are not a 12-13 win team, but more like a 10-6 team and recent history suggests we do not win on the road in the playoffs. So I am not sure how this window is not closed if we go 2-3 Sunday. Maybe not literally, but certainly practically.