Is The Legion of Boom Gone?

Is the LOB a nickname that can be carried over year-after-year?

• Yes, even though some original LOB members have come and gone, it's still the LOB.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • No, the LOB should always be considered Kam, Sherm, Thomas and Browner

Votes: 70 63.1%
  • Read my response below

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

endzorn

Reaction score
Seahawks fans are so obsessed with nicknaming every group so when one sticks in the national media the 12s aren't likely to let it go. Before long we'll have a thread trying to nickname the equipment staff or trainers.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
endzorn":1b66vsdz said:
Seahawks fans are so obsessed with nicknaming every group so when one sticks in the national media the 12s aren't likely to let it go. Before long we'll have a thread trying to nickname the equipment staff or trainers.

I could be wrong on this... but wasn't the LOB nickname accidentally created by a fan?

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
endzorn":16f8a4fx said:
You don't really suppose it's just Seahawks fans do ya?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
endzorn":287tdvzq said:

Fans?

I don't give a rats ass about any of the nicknames.

Outside of Beast Mode, the rest I could actually pass on.

endzorn

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3bx6s2z0 said:
endzorn":3bx6s2z0 said:
You don't really suppose it's just Seahawks fans do ya?
No, but I don't plan on visiting other fan boards to find out either.

chris98251

Reaction score
Without Kam there is no intimidation factor and Boom, without Kam standing up guys for Earl to clean up on there is no Boom, without Browner man handling WR's and knocking guys around there is no Boom. Legion of Minions is more what we have now, at least until we have Kam back or find another Enforcer.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
While Browner is a member of the LOB, so is Maxwell. But the LOB requires at least three.

drdiags

Reaction score
The thing is it wasn't the national media that came up with the nickname but rather local talking heads. Even the players were trying to move on from it with the "Love our Brothers" thing. It will stick a little longer but the real thumpers have moved on or will soon depending on Kam.

I say it is gone.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Legion of boom is no longer. Until kam is back in will not call our secondary the name.

chet380

Reaction score
Hawks46":2lyby2cu said:
Let me answer a question with a question....

Who right now, is going to bring the "boom" in Legion of Boom ?

Only person I can think of is Earl. One person doesn't make a legion, no matter how good they are.

Sherman is a great tackler, but he doesn't light people up like Browner and Chancellor did.
I don't think that ET should be delivering any BOOM - the thought of him hurling his less-than-100% 200 lb. body at those huge TE's and big RB's makes me cringe with worry about a season-ending injury.

Everyone believes that his speed and instincts make him a freakishly-good FS - probably the best in the league - and to lose him would disastrous.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The moniker isn't going away as long as Sherm and Earl are here, but yeah, Kam was the "boom".

Cyrus12

Reaction score
last year was the end of it. mediocre fill ins and a cry baby at home has pretty much put an end to that legend. damn were they good when everyone was here and hungry!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
endzorn":8m2kzxdv said:

SAYS THE GUY WHO GAVE HIMSELF A NICKNAME ON AN INTERNET FORUM!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AbsolutNET":gvgypqsw said:
endzorn":gvgypqsw said:

SAYS THE GUY WHO GAVE HIMSELF A NICKNAME ON AN INTERNET FORUM!!

Tee hee hee. :snack:

idahohawk

Reaction score
Also, Kam is gone. Stop saying "if" or "when" with Kam. He's gone. Time to move on. I'd say "listen" to trade offers, but also let him sit and pay fines. This is his choice. Let him feel some of the consequences. I love Kam but I've moved on.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
If Kam comes back then the LOB is back. I've always looked at it like a trifecta after Browner left and we were able to plug in Maxwell. The OG LOB is def with Browner though.

Earl, Kam, and Sherm are all-pro players that when placed together in a single unit on a team deserve a moniker. I think if Simon could ever stay healthy, he would nicely round them out and adequately replace Byron.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
In my mind, it works like this. Saying LOB right now can currently refer to 3 version of the LOB, which are the following:

True LOB (ET, Sherm, Kam, and Browner)
Superbowl LOB (ET, Sherm, Kam, and Maxwell)
Current LOB (ET, Sherm, Kam upon his return, Bennett, Wagner, Avril, etc. Anyone on our defense who consistently delivers big hits, turnovers, smack talk, and/or sacks)

Thus, if someone were to say "Man, I miss the LOB", they would likely be referring to the True LOB. If someone shouts "Lets go LOB!" at a game this season, they're really just cheering for their favorite defenders to make a play and are referring to the Current LOB.

This is how I've organized the subtle nuances of the semantics involved with the Legion of Boom, anyhow. The LOB is not gone. They've just developed into something broader and slightly less exciting (at least for the time being). The latter is to be expected when transitioning from the hunters into the hunted.