is there a new-ish Kaep thread?

Rocket

Reaction score
His agent is allegedly shopping him out. I wonder if he still thinks he's worth more than the league minimum? He claims to be in football shape, what with Nissa the Trainer and all...

sutz

Reaction score
Only Kaep-related news I've heard is that his shoe commercial won an award.

Imagine his agent is keeping his ear to the ground listening for possibilities. Been a couple of QB injuries, but his name hasn't been floated as an option that I've heard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, like the guy or not he's better than a lot of QB's in this league. Shoot, he's better than some of the starters.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":okglqrfx said:
Well, like the guy or not he's better than a lot of QB's in this league. Shoot, he's better than some of the starters.

This, if he'd just stop with the political b.s. he'd make some team a decent QB

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Washington49er":2cot9dka said:
SoulfishHawk":2cot9dka said:

This, if he'd just stop with the political b.s. he'd make some team a decent QB

I can't see him kneeling again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Read on another board that his agent called 3 different teams.....I shall try to check and find the tweet/post/call/line of bs...etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the Kraepper would be a bottom tier starter or top back up QB.
Still a one read and run QB, but he’s got a gun and can run. Most back ups don’t have both of those traits.

Osprey

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2roox736 said:
Still a one read and run QB, but he’s got a gun and can run. Most back ups don’t have both of those traits.
At 31 ( almost 32), out of the league for years, and reportedly on a vegan diet not sure he has either of those tools anymore.

If he really wanted to play, should have made Denver or Baltimore work when he had the chance. I hope he does get another shot just so the martyr headlines go away.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
His career is over...his fault...he played the game got some cash and notoriety and that's it for him. I suspect he wouldn't be in the league anyway even without the kneeling.

Fade

Reaction score
Distraction.

They booted Tebow out of the league, even though he was a good backup. But he came with too much noise, not worth it.

Kaep would bring the same thing, but 100x more the media distraction. Too much noise. Not worth it.

He has also been out of the league forever, a lot of regression has taken place.

A year or two ago his asking price was $20M a year.

He sued the league.

Add all this up, and the odds are extremely low.

One of the most overrated QBs of all time. I doubt at this juncture he is Starting material, maybe middle of the pack backup, with ZERO upside, No team is putting up with a media firestorm for that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Osprey":1qerwcfg said:
Sports Hernia":1qerwcfg said:
At 31 ( almost 32), out of the league for years, and reportedly on a vegan diet not sure he has either of those tools anymore.

If he really wanted to play, should have made Denver or Baltimore work when he had the chance. I hope he does get another shot just so the martyr headlines go away.
Good points, I was just going off his career. I haven’t been paying attention to his life after football to this point.
I don’t care either way.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Jets just signed David Fales to back up Luke Falk. So, that’s not stellar as a QB room.

Keepernick has played no games in the last two years. Fales has played a total of three games in the last two years, throwing one TD and one INT.

I dunno, if I was signing a player who didn’t know the system, I’d sign a guy who could at least run their way out of trouble and had a boatload of experience playing in the league.

massari

Reaction score
Fade":28amopfr said:
Distraction.

But he came with too much noise, not worth it.

Too much noise. Not worth it.

He has also been out of the league forever, a lot of regression has taken place.

He sued the league.

Add all this up, and the odds are extremely low.

One of the most overrated QBs of all time. I doubt at this juncture he is Starting material, maybe middle of the pack backup, with ZERO upside, No team is putting up with a media firestorm for that.
Tenor

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Fade":2zj80xny said:
Stop getting your news from Facebook and talk radio. That is completely made up. He did not set such a price for NFL teams. The 20 million rumor was with respect to the Alliance of American Football, and while I doubt it is true, it if is true, he and everyone involved knew it was an impossible price, and clearly would be a statement of some kind to the people involved (in other words, a big middle finger for the AAF thinking they could use him to get ratings, exposure and to make money).

He never had contract discussions with any team after he left the 49ers (which, by the way, involved John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan telling him that he'd be cut if he didn't opt out, due to the fact that he is not a fit for Shanahan's system. This was confirmed by Lynch, and even Fox News has an article on it). The Broncos did not offer him a contract (that was a trade discussion that happened BEFORE the protest); The Seahawks did not have contract discussions with him (that was a proposed workout that was cancelled); the Ravens did not have contract discussions with him (that was an internal discussion among the Ravens brass about whether or not to try to sign him, which was ended when Kap's girlfriend accused Ray Lewis of being an Uncle Tom).

Note: I don't care about Kaepernick. He's not a 49er any more. But I'm sick of seeing very OBVIOUS fake news about him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he probably will never wear a NFL uniform the un verified but very obvious blackball by the league is evident to a extreme, might as well call him Pete Rose of the NFL, not for the same reason but the snubbing aspect.

HawkGA

Reaction score
He's gonna be like Elvis. 30 years from now people will still be talking about whether or not he should be signed.

getnasty

Reaction score
Is it black ball or is it the guy is not worth the hassle? If Russell Wilson did the same thing Kap did Russell Wilson would still be a starting quarterback because he's worth the hassle, he can win games. The problem with Kap is you know he's not going to win you a title, sure he's probably a better backup the most but there's no upside to bringing him in, plus outside of the Ravens your totally changing your offense for the guy. He won't be back.

Latest posts