Is there a valid reason to root for the Rams next week?

NJlargent

Reaction score
StoneCold":j3p0p2et said:
NJlargent":j3p0p2et said:
MontanaHawk05":j3p0p2et said:
NJlargent":j3p0p2et said:
Good job by all the Go Rams guys. LOL

Are you seriously suggesting that our rooting had anything to do with the Rams losing? Yes or no answer.

No

But I thought rooting for the Rams was ludicrous. You never root for your rival, especially when looking up.

What if we'd have played the early game and won? Do we then have your blessing to root for the Rams?

Not with the Dallas game the following week. Far from a gimme. Might need help from the titans that week

Mad Dog

Reaction score
StoneCold":1zlavtp9 said:
Mad Dog":1zlavtp9 said:
So are we still happy about hoping for the Rams to beat the Eagles?

SMH at people that just don't get how razor thin the margins between playoffs and no playoffs. We need to win our division. So never cheer for a rival to win.

And if you think all seasons that don't end in a championship are failures, then I'd really like to know the bar for success you've set for yourself. Winning a SB is perhaps the toughest things to do in sports. Its so damn competitive. I doubt any of us have even come close to that degree of success in our lives and yet we complain about a team that fails in that task.

You are being thick skulled or purposefully misreading what I've written.

Wasn't pointing at you in particular.

But I will say predicating all your rooting guidelines on the Hawks winning out when they were Vegas underdogs in 4 of their five remaining games is a combo bet you can't take.

Since your first assumption (Hawks winning out) was overtly flawed based upon the season performance to date, your subsequent reasoning became flawed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":wtlu4w1g said:
NJlargent":wtlu4w1g said:
Good job by all the Go Rams guys. LOL

Are you seriously suggesting that our rooting had anything to do with the Rams losing? Yes or no answer.

Nope. Made that point earlier. Only suggesting that rooting for them to do anything but lose was the wrong idea since we have not clinched the division yet. And even though we are no further behind or ahead today than last week in the division, we are falling out from WC consideration. Anyone who even remotely thought that we could cruise through this bear of a final month and get a 2 seed was off their rocker. It'll be a dog fight every week and if we can go 2-2 and beat the Rams we'll have a decent chance at the division. But no more than a decent chance.

Sadly we could go 6-0 in the division and still not make the playoffs. That scenario is quite real now.