It is pretty clear we need to ratchet our expectations back

Uncle Si

Reaction score
onepicknick":3g64m2xl said:
On another note do you think we will still own the NFC west with Shanahan taking the HC job for the niners?

Look at the 49ers roster.

Look at Shanahan's previous head coaching experience.

Long ways to go for both of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15w087yy said:
onepicknick":15w087yy said:
On another note do you think we will still own the NFC west with Shanahan taking the HC job for the niners?

Look at the 49ers roster.

Look at Shanahan's previous head coaching experience.

Long ways to go for both of them.

Yep, just like when McDaniels went to Denver.......didn't quite look like the genius everyone thought he was with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow behind center.

The insane amount of offensive talent on the Falcons has made Shanahan look like the greatest coordinator of all time.

canfan

Reaction score
In the last 12 seasons, the Seahawks have been to the Divisional round 9 times. Between 1976 and 2004 they went 3 times. As a long time fan, I couldn't be happier with what I have seen out of this coaching staff and team. Never once have I looked at a game and thought "they quit" or "they don't care". Different fans will have different expectations out of the team...as somebody who watched through the 90's all I want is to see a competitive team. By and large Pete has delivered on that.

This year was frustratingly inconsistent, because you could see something special lurking, but the youth on the offensive line and the injuries to key starters, as well as to the rookie class that was being counted on for depth never let it develop. When Pete first started he said that every year there are about 10 to 12 teams in the mix at the end of the year, and his goal was to be one of those teams consistently. In my opinion he has delivered in spades.

Cheers!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
canfan":398331bk said:
In the last 12 seasons, the Seahawks have been to the Divisional round 9 times. Between 1976 and 2004 they went 3 times. As a long time fan, I couldn't be happier with what I have seen out of this coaching staff and team. Never once have I looked at a game and thought "they quit" or "they don't care". Different fans will have different expectations out of the team...as somebody who watched through the 90's all I want is to see a competitive team. By and large Pete has delivered on that.!

They care, but my question is do they care enough?

Watching Quinn and the his Falcons remind me of what we looked like 3-4 years ago. Young, hungry, family, all we got is all we need, nasty, flying to the ball, looking to prove people wrong.

Now I see about 60-70% of that.

Go look up NE's roster, if you take out Brady and Gronk you'd think you were looking at the Jag's roster. Belichick's brilliant, he churns over his roster and finds average players that he can coach up and give him 100% on every snap, and keeps the 5-6 core players that don't ever quit on him............and if they do quit, half ass it or cause problems internally, they're gone. Period. No excuses.

What I saw this year was excuses.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Seattle Excuses?....C'mon man.

It's called attrition. Quit over anal-yzing everything.

It's football. Injuries, money, etc. you can't have it all pookie.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":r9llh8zw said:
The Seattle Excuses?....C'mon man.

It's called attrition. Quit over anal-yzing everything.

It's football. Injuries, money, etc. you can't have it all pookie.

attrition? We had the most stacked roster we've had since our SB win, and even with Earl gone far more talent than NE, all of which were healthy at the time we got destroyed in Atlanta.

Again, excuses. Oh man, too many injuries, Earl was gone, blah blah blah. That's what good teams and coaches do, next man up.....and it used to be what we did. But I don't see next man up anymore. I see holy crap next man up stinks!

2016 was not attrition. It was Pete and his coaches slowly losing their grip on this team and the need to change the way they're building this roster, scheming and playcalling.

Because if they don't the last two years will be more of the same.........which if for you is good enough? Great. But too much talent on the this roster for me to say the same.