Jalen Carter scheduled to visit with the Hawks this week

nwHawk

Reaction score
I see it happening too. Go back JS comments about the zoom interview with a prospect who was playing video games during his interview. They passed, and someone got a multi-year pro bowler. I think that was just as interesting as the McDowell saga.

Jac

Reaction score
There's nothing to read into this one way or the other. It's just a signal to other teams that Carter is on their draft board.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
IF he can stay out of trouble, he's a hell of a football player. Seems like a lot of people want to downplay how good the guy is. His decision making is a completely different story. Risky, but damn that's a high reward on the field.
He’s never been a trouble maker though he was street racing which many youths in America have done. Certainly not excusable but let’s not act like he’s a rapist or serial killer

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In 38 games at Georgia, he posted 44 solo tackles and 6 sacks.

Now, if we're just looking at stats, those numbers seem quite underwhelming, especially when you compare them to Aaron Donald's college stats. He played 51 games at Pitt and posted 29.5 sacks and 115 solo tackles.

So, what is it about Jalen Carter's game that has him ranked so high? Does he have some raw, untapped potential that didn't quite translate to on the field production? Or is this just a very weak interior D line draft?
If the answer is the later, then I firmly believe the Seahawks should trade down. If the option is the former, then they should take a chance on him.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Interesting... so he's not off their draft board.

My head says too many red flags..
My heart says dominate Dline we've been missing!

Which will end up being the case? Is pick #5 too great a risk to find out? Highly unlikely he's there at #20. Trade down to #9 or #10? Maybe.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He’s never been a trouble maker though he was street racing which many youths in America have done. Certainly not excusable but let’s not act like he’s a rapist or serial killer
Easy there. Nobody is saying he's a rapist or serial killer. Breathe in. He DOES has some legit red flags though. Damn good football player, but you also can't just act like he's a saint w/out legit questions about his love for the game and his character.
IF they take him, I'll be stoked. But I'll also be nervous, and it's justified.
Also, the comparisons to McDowell? Meh. McDowell wasn't HALF the player that Carter was in college. Before this recent event, MANY had him as a possible #1 pick in the draft, or at the minimum, the best player in the draft.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Easy there. Nobody is saying he's a rapist or serial killer. Breathe in. He DOES has some legit red flags though. Damn good football player, but you also can't just act like he's a saint w/out legit questions about his love for the game and his character.
IF they take him, I'll be stoked. But I'll also be nervous, and it's justified.
Also, the comparisons to McDowell? Meh. McDowell wasn't HALF the player that Carter was in college. Before this recent event, MANY had him as a possible #1 pick in the draft, or at the minimum, the best player in the draft.
He is the BEST pick of Draft! 200

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
In 38 games at Georgia, he posted 44 solo tackles and 6 sacks.

Now, if we're just looking at stats, those numbers seem quite underwhelming, especially when you compare them to Aaron Donald's college stats. He played 51 games at Pitt and posted 29.5 sacks and 115 solo tackles.

So, what is it about Jalen Carter's game that has him ranked so high? Does he have some raw, untapped potential that didn't quite translate to on the field production? Or is this just a very weak interior D line draft?
If the answer is the later, then I firmly believe the Seahawks should trade down. If the option is the former, then they should take a chance on him.
Well obviously Carter's limited snaps make his stats look worse. Watch some tape on him, when he turns it on he's unreal. But that's also the problem, he doesn't seem to turn it on all the time and has to be subbed out/takes plays off. He had less than 400 snaps in each of the last 2 seasons which is not a lot. I can't find Donald's snap count, but it was probably significantly higher.