Jalen Ramsey a Ram....

andyh64000

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3skkx1bq said:
ivotuk":3skkx1bq said:
Shanegotyou11":3skkx1bq said:
Eh if niners or hawks got it, our respected fan bases would love it.

Not sure why people make these kinds of ridiculous statements. It's almost like they trying to say "Except for me, I'm above it all."

I'm sure there are some fans from either team that might like it, but one can't make blanket statements about entire fan bases.

Lol ok. You know majority would love it getting Jalen as a hawk.

Not for that price. Now the Rams are stuck with crappy contracts, no cap space, and now no draft picks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2xf4dztg said:
ivotuk":2xf4dztg said:
Shanegotyou11":2xf4dztg said:

Not sure why people make these kinds of ridiculous statements. It's almost like they trying to say "Except for me, I'm above it all."

I'm sure there are some fans from either team that might like it, but one can't make blanket statements about entire fan bases.

I didn’t want him at any price. He’s a jerk.

mikeak

Reaction score
I would love Ramsey on Seattle

I would love 3 years on a rookie salary

I would love two first rounders for him on a rookie contract

I can see him making $15M-$16M and be ok with it

I can see trading a 2and rounder for that if you pay him that much

To trade away two future low paid first rounders AND a boatload of cash for one player is not a smart long term move

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ok i will clarify id love jalen on hawks but that trade fleeced rams. I take it all back. I read trade wrong. Rams are scared.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1yqfyrmb said:
ivotuk":1yqfyrmb said:
Shanegotyou11":1yqfyrmb said:

No I don't know that..Sure as hell not for 3 picks or any 1s

Elemas

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3lxphx3c said:
I would trade him for Mcdowell and Penny.

Lmao. Was just about to say the same thing.

It's way too steep a price...especially considering his antics. As stated, I think the Rams just cemented their last place in the division for the near future.

"A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Rams and Ramsey do not have any type of new deal in place, and that the cornerback in not in a rush to get one done."

4th year of a 5 year rookie contract. I imagine he's going to force their hand north of $17M+ a year when the time comes.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1l8qoqo6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1l8qoqo6 said:
ivotuk":1l8qoqo6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1l8qoqo6 said:

No I don't know that..Sure as hell not for 3 picks or any 1s

Read my update above you lol. Deal too steep.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rams now have no first round picks for the next FIVE years, to go along with four players eating $96 million of their '20 salary cap before the payday Ramsey is going to get.

Ill take the situation we are in all day.

LzsAiQT

Fade

Reaction score
So how are the Rams supposed to rebuild their crap O-Line with no cap space, and no 1st rd picks?

The 49ers are the REAL threat.

With that. He is a perfect fit for Wade Phillip's defense, where he puts his corners on an island in man an awful lot.
So their defense got better.

But that isn't the problem with their team.

Enjoy paying Goff $30M+ a year to be one of the worst Quarterbacks in the NFC. :2thumbs:

The Rams have/will have massive needs at LT-LG-C-RG & RB. <--Goff needs these pieces to function.

The Rams could very well finish in last place in the division next year, the way this thing is going. And the Jags will get their top pick.

I was ready to make a thread on how the Rams were smart for trading Marcus Peters, even though they didn't get much they needed to start trading veteran pieces, to dump salary, and to get draft picks to accelerate their O-Line rebuild. They acquired Austin Corbett for a 5th rdr, but they need a lot more than that.

It now makes even less sense to me. Why not keep Peters, and pair him with Ramsey, then collect a high comp pick if Peters isn't re-signed by the Rams?

Know when to fold 'em. Instead the Rams have gone all in with 2 pair.

Meanwhile, the Jags are going to be pretty damn good in the not too distant future.

Seahawks fans & 49ers fans right now.
iu

getnasty

Reaction score
To mid to late 1st round picks wouldn't scare me, Ramsey the best corner in the league, but add on the money he's gonna command after this year is gonna hurt. He knows the Rams have to sign him or this trade is a complete diaster and he's the kind of guy that will hold out if need be.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
JR was officially injured due to his back. I would imagine the pain suddenly isn't an issue, but if he gets angry at the Lambs, what's to stop him from pulling this again? Especially after he gets paid?

James in PA

Reaction score
This would have been a great move for the Rams of last year. But this year’s team? I have no idea what they are doing. This smells of desperation. They got fleeced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now you have a personality that is going ton stir the pot with Sherman as to who the best in the west is, that should be fun to watch, Rams going into a spiral to cap hell quickly, that should be fun to watch, defense pointing fingers at the offense and creating a divide, that should be fun to watch, Rams watching Super Bowl from the Couch, hope they have fun watching.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Does McVay realize that he has to try and field a competitive product on the field a couple years from now, not just this year?

Jesus.

Fade

Reaction score
getnasty":2x1781jc said:
To mid to late 1st round picks wouldn't scare me, Ramsey the best corner in the league, but add on the money he's gonna command after this year is gonna hurt. He knows the Rams have to sign him or this trade is a complete diaster and he's the kind of guy that will hold out if need be.

They aren't making the playoffs. So they aren't going to be late 1st rd picks.

I could also see the 2021 pick, being a top 10 pick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1184261118379859969[/tweet]
How much is Ramsey going to want? I am thinking #1CB in the league money.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2dtu5mcl said:

For two firsts? I'd hate it.

This feels a bit like the Hawks trade for Sheldon Richardson to me. It needs to pay off a lot, immediately, to be worth it.

That move wasn't worth it, and the Hawks didn't pay close to that ransom.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":tf95d9aq said:
getnasty":tf95d9aq said:

They aren't making the playoffs. So they aren't going to be late 1st rd picks.

I could also see the 2021 pick, being a top 10 pick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1184261118379859969[/tweet]
How much is Ramsey going to want? I am thinking #1CB in the league money.

He's getting number 1 corner money for sure. As far as not making the playoffs? I don't know i could see them getting to 11-5 pretty easy. Hope i'm wrong but Ramsey is a big addition, and there a better team then what we're seeing right now.