Jared Allen in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
If he chooses to adorn himself as a Seahawk, I will send my ...

:2:

In the form of Elk jerky and IPA's !!!

Seriously though, I don't think he'll sign with us. Not sure he's one of those guys who would lose sleep over not having won a championship in his career. I could be wrong though and if that's the case, you'd think he would have signed already and not been on the money campain, IMO.

Am I wrong?

(my 6 yr old son made me put the alien in there, lol)

Bprez3

Reaction score
Allen would be a great signing to grab some headlines. The only way I can see us signing him is on an incentive laden deal. If he doesn't sign I would like to at least see Shaun Phillips in here for a visit.

I think we already have an in house solution to replace Clemons with Bruce Irvin

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bprez3":32yytr3m said:
Allen would be a great signing to grab some headlines. The only way I can see us signing him is on an incentive laden deal. If he doesn't sign I would like to at least see Shaun Phillips in here for a visit.

I think we already have an in house solution to replace Clemons with Bruce Irvin

That would be the logical solution, but I think the coaches have already said they still prefer Irvin at LOB. That tells me they either really like Mayowa or they have some other option at LEO, other than Avril.

drdiags

Reaction score
More word of mouth stuff. Sounds different than what the Vikings reporter tweeted yesterday

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle · 8m
Kirwan thinks Allen will get $9 apy...and links him to SEA...and is buddies w Pete. #Seahawks

If that is the number, I hope it works out well for all.

Then some random response to David's tweet(sp)

Kirwan’s words on my ride home to a DAL caller asking bout Allen “think he goes $8.3M per yr, $15-17 g’teed, and lands in a place like SEA”

Here is Kirwan's quote from an article he has out today

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...icing-himself-but-right-deal-will-come-along-

The Jared Allen market

Reports were that Jared Allen was looking for $12 million a year in what he called a "fair" deal. The market has been set for pass-rushing defensive ends and it's not $12 million a year.

Allen is a glaring name at this point in free agency. Players with a lot less production are already under contract. Allen threatened to retire if the right deal didn't come in, but I seriously doubt it will come to that situation. Allen can't turn down the right market deal especially if the world championship Seahawks become the leading candidate.

After studying him, I say Allen is better than most and will eventually strike a four-year deal worth $36 million ($9M average) with $17 million guaranteed. Don't be surprised if the Seahawks stay in the race for Allen.

Jville

Reaction score
Anything in excess of the new Chris Clemons contract is too much.

tooshort

Reaction score
Just got a text from my Friend inside Vmac, he says that Jared Allen will be in town tonight and leaves in the afternoon tomorrow,unfortunately he knows no other details.

Holy Crap, could Terry Blount actually have broken a story??

jblaze

Reaction score
tooshort":b414ju45 said:
Just got a text from my Friend inside Vmac, he says that Jared Allen will be in town tonight and leaves in the afternoon tomorrow,unfortunately he knows no other details.

If this is true, this likely means he signs tonight and has come down on his asking price. I doubt JS will go wild with the check book.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
If true he's definitely going to be a Seahawk. He was already here 2 or 3 days ago, you don't make a 2nd trip so soon unless you're inking a deal.

James in PA

Reaction score
Oh yea! Sounds good! And check out the 12's breaking news long before any NFL Media insider!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
tooshort":ac6inet0 said:

how reliable is your friend?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To me, it seems like the market for true 4-3 DEs has been pretty depressed for the last two off-seasons. Ware/Peppers were hot commodities because they're athletic enough to play in all schemes. More available suitors means the price goes up. Allen is definitely a true 4-3 DE. I think speculation over his salary has been overstated. I think he'll make quite less than Ware/Peppers and somewhere closer to what other true 4-3 DEs have made over the last two off-seasons.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If he's coming back you'd think it was to sign a deal. He got the grand tour the first time, no doubt.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He might just be coming back for delicious food (gourmet burgers!!!), great drinks, and the friendly atmosphere over at...
RedRobin
RED ROBIN. With 3 easy to find locations in the greater Seattle area. Come for the food, stay for the memories!

Jared might be on to something.

Allen may be getting up there in age, but there is no slowing this dude down. He can still put up solid numbers, and get consistent pressure. I think he would thrive in Seattle, given the supporting cast. He could really be a beast of a player here, ala 3-4 years ago, when the Vikings had a really stout defense behind him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why would people prefer Clemons to Allen? If the money is the same? I don't have the tactical know of some of you. I'd assume Allen would be a far better option (statistically it appears that way at least)

My only issue with some if these moves is disrupting a cohesive group. I felt lime Red and Clem were a big part of that... Id assume we cut them with stronger replacements in mind

Is Allen superior?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If they are bringing him back to sign him, I hope the contract is for one or two years at closer to $4 million per than $10 million per.

Status
Not open for further replies.