Jared Allen showing his cards?

Sac

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's like a barracks lawyer in the military that always quotes the UCMJ as excuses for why they don't have to do things.

drdiags

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":jydt9iky said:
What's a 'locker room laywer'?

Found this to help describe the term:

A guy who potentially stirs up trouble by advising teamates of their "rights", and how they don't have to take crap from ownership, etc.

He's not really a lawyer, but he thinks he knows enough to "help" other players. Ownership hates them because of the trouble they cause. They might have a basic understanding of the actual rules, but probably not of the procedures or the proper way to handle problems.

Also saw whiner/complainer. It is used by management to describe a trouble maker. Was surprised to see this term tied to Allen's name, since he seems like a pretty up front guy that wouldn't push an agenda but that is just from a distance.

GCrow

Reaction score
Would love for the 'Hawks to go get Allen. Guy's always been one of my favourite non-seahawk players and could fit in that 5-Tech role.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3m6ft0at said:
Why would we even bother with him? He'd be too expensive and would cause us to lose and or not be able to resign our own guys. If they an get him for SUPER cheap itd be cool but thats it.

He'd be less than Bennett............so I'd be fine with signing Allen if we don't resign Bennett.

bandiger

Reaction score
Can't hurt to have more pass rushers, we don't need a repeat of the 2012 season to make that clear.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Allen’s agent Ken Harris said that Allen does not know where he’ll wind up playing in 2014, but that the decision was made to let the Vikings know that Allen’s time with the team was done.

“He made his decision to narrow it down [Saturday] night after I had a final conversation with the club,” Harris said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... returning/

rideaducati

Reaction score
Bringing in Jared Allen is something Ruskell would do. How many over the hill, way past their prime free agents did he pay top dollar to? Jared is nowhere near the player he was and was never really good against the run. I hope they do NOT sign him in Seattle. Bring in a better athlete and coach him up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rideaducati":2qtw92df said:
Bringing in Jared Allen is something Ruskell would do. How many over the hill, way past their prime free agents did he pay top dollar to? Jared is nowhere near the player he was and was never really good against the run. I hope they do NOT sign him in Seattle. Bring in a better athlete and coach him up.

11.5 sacks last year, 12 the year before, 22 before that. (as opposed to Bennet's 8.5 and 9, then 4)

thats over the hill?

tough crowd

rideaducati

Reaction score
Uncle Si":hhhhk663 said:
rideaducati":hhhhk663 said:

11.5 sacks last year, 12 the year before, 22 before that. (as opposed to Bennet's 8.5 and 9, then 4)

thats over the hill?

tough crowd

Well 22, then 12, then 11.5 looks to be diminishing returns. Final sack counts mean very little to me. Allen played 1000 snaps to get his 11.5 sacks, Bennett played 569 snaps to get his 8.5. The Seahawks have younger guys already in the system biting at the heels of the starters for their turn. The Seahawks have other areas where money would be better spent than it would be by bringing in a guy that they don't really need. Allen isn't going to take a minimum deal and isn't going to get better, so I would rather see the FO spend on players already on the team and entering their prime.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rideaducati":10zd1bnr said:
Uncle Si":10zd1bnr said:
rideaducati":10zd1bnr said:

thats over the hill?

tough crowd

Well 22, then 12, then 11.5 looks to be diminishing returns. Final sack counts mean very little to me. Allen played 1000 snaps to get his 11.5 sacks, Bennett played 569 snaps to get his 8.5. The Seahawks have younger guys already in the system biting at the heels of the starters for their turn. The Seahawks have other areas where money would be better spent than it would be by bringing in a guy that they don't really need. Allen isn't going to take a minimum deal and isn't going to get better, so I would rather see the FO spend on players already on the team and entering their prime.

Dont you think 22 was an outlier?

Final count sacks should mean alot when considering bringing in a player like Allen who is only there to rush the passer.

Obviously there are better options. the point is Allen can have an impact whereever he goes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If you can do a cap friendly deal that won't impact the long term signings of Earl, Sherm, and Russ, then sure. If you can swap salaries or even save money by cutting Clem and replace With Allen then why not. If the above cannot be achieved then don't do it.

Brahn

Reaction score
Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu 3m

Jared Allen on his way to Denver to visit the Broncos. @NFL_ATL

Donkeys trying to get "Tougher"