Russ gets his new deal in Denver

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Russ GAVE Denver a cap friendly deal. If Denver's coach is the genius on offense that everyone claims, I'm sure he sees the truth about Russ that is obvious for all but those who choose not to see it.

No way his play is worth being the highest paid for 5 years, a la D Watson.

His deal is basically 3 years, $124 million.

It's not like he had a strong leg to stand on. If the negotiations failed, then the narrative is that Denver wanted to wait and see. Why would they want to wait and see what their savior could do... when he's already been annointed their savior.

And im sure Russ didn't want to risk playing a season under his hand picked offensive genius and then do no better, or maybe even perform worse than he's played in the past.

They gave him on paper, a few nickels more than what he was making, and on paper, he looks like he got a fat, but not unreasonable deal.

If Russ truly was the all conquering, mvp snub he paints himself as, hed have been worth far more than 41 mil a year. Granted, with incentives, it slides up to a more likely 4 years, 160, but even then...its not really the 49 mil a year nugget it reads like on paper.

Last edited:

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I agree with you.

It appears that RW3 wanted the deal done preceding the season which was the same deadline he gave the Seahawks on the last contract. (Who could forget that smarmy "We Got it Done Seattle" in the eleventh hour?).

I thought that the Broncos ownership would delay until they'd seen him play, but maybe they'd agreed to a new contract as part of the trade.

The Sports Illustrated article below states that Russ's contract set back escalating pay and guaranteed money for the players and was a win for ownership.

However, I think that both sides gained and lost and it appears almost equitable. As you said, RW3 has lost a step (or more) and seven years remaining in the NFL is a stretch.

W

Welshers

Denver got scammed by a perfume salesman!!

Qbs better than russ:

Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Lamar
Watson
Stafford
Dak
Murray
Carr
You're high. But cool. Oh wait !
Glad it's their problem now. But your list, thank you for the morning laugh.
How do you feel about this now SoulfishHawk?!?! Add Geno, Tua, Jalen to the list as well!! Oh and Justin fields!!! I was proven correct again! Prophet Welshers!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Look, I understand wanting the best draft pick, but why is everyone so delighted in the former guy's failure? I hope Russell Wilson's career revives, and wish him future success, so long as it never gets in the way of Seahawk success.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Look, I understand wanting the best draft pick, but why is everyone so delighted in the former guy's failure? I hope Russell Wilson's career revives, and wish him future success, so long as it never gets in the way of Seahawk success.
Loved him while he was here but we’re relishing his demise because we realize how much of a selfish prick he was all those years. Sherm tried to tell us And nobody believed him. Dudes all about himself and his playing for another team makes it as clear as day.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Loved him while he was here but we’re relishing his demise because we realize how much of a selfish prick he was all those years. Sherm tried to tell us And nobody believed him. Dudes all about himself and his playing for another team makes it as clear as day.
Exactly. When I found out how much strife there was between him and Carroll because Wilson believed Pete prevented him from getting a MVP award, and that he cared more about his personal "legacy" more than anything, I started to really lose respect for the guy. I'll remember the good games, the fun I had watching them and all but.... after a whole offseason of hearing about how bad and stupid Pete and the hawks supposedly where for trading Russell, this is some Karma and I'm loving every second of Denver and Russell's misery right now.