Jeffri Chadiha at it again?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1i03xcfe said:
I like how everyone pretends that just because we had a great defense, Wilson was just filler at QB during the superbowl run. Unfortunately one thing 43-8 did was show such an awesome display of defensive dominance, that much like we seahawk fans forget how close games were last season at times, everyone else seems to forget how clutch RW needed to be to win some of those games last year, and even his rookie year.

Never mind that we don't even go to the superbowl if Wilson doesn't use his 2nd year QB intelligence to diagnose that SF will jump offsides on 4th and 7 and delivers a touchdown strike, which would go down as a much more incredible play if not for The Tip.

didn't he become tied with Luck for most 4th qtr comebacks this year over the pas 3 years? If not he is certainly right up there. The Seattle forumula since RW has been qb.....run run run, keep the score close, Russell win it in the 4th.

I have never tursted a b more than RW in all my football viewing days.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
CANHawk":gv3w8jz0 said:
Will not click. Do not read articles from people named like cartoon giraffes.

My friend, you're far off base. Geoffrey is a name of class and distinction.

M0otTJCr_400x400.jpeg

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Not even remotely interested in clicking. Feel good to just let it slide. He is nothing more than a sensationalist looking to ruffle feathers. I prefer to just let him choke on his words. A psychic he is not.

AgentDib

Reaction score
He is an idiot but this latest idiocy is due to the ESPN wonder that is QBR, which prioritizes quantity over quality for QB play.

Take a look at Wilson's performance vs. Arizona: 17-22 for 211 passing 73 rushing with 1-0 TD/Int.
Passer rating? 121.6
QBR? 44.5

I'm not excusing him for being stupid enough to write an article based on skin color, age and QBR, but the QBR part of that was probably given to him by an editor.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1lqfi9cu said:
CANHawk":1lqfi9cu said:
Will not click. Do not read articles from people named like cartoon giraffes.

My friend, you're far off base. Geoffrey is a name of class and distinction.

M0otTJCr_400x400.jpeg

But he spells it Jeffri. Like... with an I at the end. Wtf... that is not the name of an adult who should be taken seriously.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ug3b4ap said:
............Take a look at Wilson's performance vs. Arizona: 17-22 for 211 passing 73 rushing with 1-0 TD/Int.
Passer rating? 121.6
QBR? 44.5.............
A great example of why QBR is total bullshit. Thank you for posting this.

Will NOT click Chadiha's manure either.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I clicked. It has the basis for a very interesting article, but he barely scrapes the surface and tries to lump all foru, Wilson, Luck, Newton and RGIII into a group and say they are having a common experience of difficulties as they mature as QB's. Salk said it well in that he tries to shoe horn Russell into the story.

The truth is that each one is interesting and had he tried to write each individual story, without trying to lump them together as though they were all examples of a failed experiment, that would have been a worthy article. An article that Barnwell should and could do justice. They are all growing in such different ways, with different struggles and results. RGIII and Cam are kind of sad, where as Luck and Russell continue to be rising stars. Russell has struggled a bit this year and been un-Russell like at times, but is still great at not giving the ball away and his running is better this year than ever. Perhaps by necessity more than design, but those of us that watch him know his running style will not shorten his career. He's so smart about getting down or out of bounds before taking a big hit. RGIII and Cam? Not so much and that may be a big contributing factor to their regressions. And I wouldn't call Russell's struggles a regression in any way shape or form. Defenses are adjusting to him and he is countering.

I believe our offensive struggles are in large part Percy. After he was jettisoned they had to make changes on the fly. There have been fits and starts, but I expect the Eagles game to be a break out.

SC

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I read it and it wasn't terrible. A lot of you are acting silly, although Chadiha has produced some Grade-A crap in the past, and I think that all-in-all the article is worth reading. It does call out some good comparisons in addition to possibly a few unnecessary ones. It calls out that young mobile QBs can't get away with the same tricks they did in high school and college, and that they have to learn to evolve their game before their bodies break down.

Where Chadiha misses in his analysis of Wilson, to me, is that Russell will always scramble to find a receiver and does not resort to running as an automatic second option. That is a huge point that needs to be called out. It's fine to point out how guys like Brady can use their eyes to move safeties and what not, but who thinks for a second that those guys wouldn't also like to be running threat as well?

If you hate Chadiha, and I don't blame you, then don't read the article. I found it to at least be thought provoking instead of bile producing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not entirely fair to lump Wilson in with QB's who have been benched (RG3), or had horrendous years like Kaep and Newton..........but Chadiha's criticism of Wilson is fair. He has struggled at times this season, and is working his ass off to find a good balance between being a team leader and still being one of the players.

If I was to criticize Chadiha about this article, it's not in relation to Wilson, it'd be for leaving out both Tannehill and Luck, who have also struggled this year at times.

Kinda lazy writing to just lump the so called "read option" QB's in as the one's struggling, and leave out the more traditional drop back QB's.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":xge9cdt7 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread141204/russell-wilson-robert-griffin-iii-colin-kaepernick-cam-newton-face-adversity-scrutiny

What do you guys think?
Seemed mostly legit except for the potshots about being black enough and his under the table knob slobbering of Luck.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The problem with this article, as others have already pointed out, is that it contains literally zero analysis of Russell Wilson's performance. The only knock Chadiha can drum up for Wilson is that there was a poorly sourced article claiming locker-room turmoil that was relevant for all of a week in October. What does that have to do with the plight of the mobile QB? His paragraph on Wilson sticks out like a sore thumb.

There is utterly no discussion here of how Seattle has used Wilson's mobility to craft one of the most dangerous rushing attacks in modern NFL history (look up the DVOA numbers) and how that has kept the team afloat in spite of a lack of ancillary weapons. All this while keeping the QB relatively clean from huge hits and remaining relatively efficient in the passing game. There are ways to discuss some of Wilson's limitations in interesting ways. Chadiha doesn't do that here.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Sgt. Largent":3czdxvzv said:
Not entirely fair to lump Wilson in with QB's who have been benched (RG3), or had horrendous years like Kaep and Newton..........but Chadiha's criticism of Wilson is fair. He has struggled at times this season, and is working his ass off to find a good balance between being a team leader and still being one of the players.

If I was to criticize Chadiha about this article, it's not in relation to Wilson, it'd be for leaving out both Tannehill and Luck, who have also struggled this year at times.

Kinda lazy writing to just lump the so called "read option" QB's in as the one's struggling, and leave out the more traditional drop back QB's.

I clicked before I knew it was ol' Jeffri (I'm sure there's a heart dotting that I). I think some of his criticism is fair to the extent that I don't feel like Wilson has really developed this year above what he was capable of doing last year. As Joffrey points out, much of this has to do with poor o-line play and WRs that struggle to get separation at time. I think the numbers are self evident that he's a cut above the others on the list, at least in terms of win/loss and clutch play, but he's never going to put up the numbers that Luck is without the team undergoing a complete change in philosophy. Sure, the arrow's pointing sideways, but the arrow's already a lot higher than the others mentioned here.

The not black enough-locker room alienation-too close to management thing is hard to judge. I want to believe that plays no role in the product put on the field, but who knows. I do think Harvin and his departure had a nonzero effect on this team to start the year. I'm not going to pin any of this on Wilson.

Also, if we're going to talk about read-option, you have to put Foles/Sanchize and Tannehill in this discussion. The Eags and Fins have run a ton of read option this year. If the argument is that they aren't black enough, they could just say that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The side-bar that lists the QBs' numbers and gives a brief scouting report was not written by Chadiha.

the ditch

Reaction score
I have said it before but a lot of these pundits especially former players have big egos and hate to be proven wrong. These guys ragged on Russell for being too short, not a passer, only a runner etc and when he has had success it makes them look stupid so they nit pick whatever they can to bring him down.

I don't put much stock into what these guys say, if they were that good at analysis they would be coaching or GMs in the league but instead they're giving opinions for entertainment value.

That being said Russell has struggled at times this season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1egyzp1z said:
Too much square-pegging, round-holing going on there. Too many insinuations. Too much Not Black Enough. Too much "too close to management." Too much "formula product" Wilson and not enough "defending Super Bowl Champion Quarterback who is going to get VERY PAID VERY SOON because of things like THIS Wilson.
Holy crap, I had to watch this over, and over ^ again, the handle "Slick Willy" came to mind.
A Dilfer quote about running quarterbacks.

All you need to know, from the article's penultimate paragraph: "The days of wondering how great they all can be are ending."

This is why Marshawn doesn't talk to the press.

Trent Dilfer?, penultimate? I think the words you were looking for are "peanut brain".

kpak76

Reaction score
Plenty of people are calling out Chadiha's knowledge on this article (read the comments). He is probably going to have to stop lumping Russell in with those other guys sooner than later. Obviously no one else is buying the crap he is writing now. He obviously already lost major credibilty around these parts (which he probably doesn't care about tbo).

Latest posts