Jim Harbaugh uses demeaning rhetoric against reporter

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Harbaugh right out of the gate with the, " I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that." You know he had that queued up just in case a reporter asked him something he didn't like. What a DB.

After that line, I'm glad Kawakami didn't let him off the hook, and put some pressure on him, good for him. Harbaugh deserved it. Kawakami didn't look bothered by the exchange, Harbaugh was about ready to go Hulk Smash mode.

I really enjoyed that, too funny. :lol: :th2thumbs:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":nvox372z said:
Harbaugh right out of the gate with the, " I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that." What a DB.

After that line, I'm glad Kawakami didn't let him off the hook, and put some pressure on him, good for him. Harbaugh deserved it.

I really enjoyed seeing Harbaugh's blood pressure skyrocket, too funny. :lol: :th2thumbs:

I think the douchebag, Harbaugh, did that because there is a history between the two. Hard to hold yer tongue when there is someone who has a agenda against you.

I love it because I'm sure the douchebag has earned having an agenda against him. But I do understand his defensiveness.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 55m

And for those asking, I have zero problem with Harbaugh's "bamboo shoots" comment. Just a Harbaugh-ism that I took only as that.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:31 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
@sal_castaneda The 49ers fan base is drawing more and more loonies every year. It's very notable. The team must be so proud.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:43 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
Again, the Harbaugh-fan rants circle around to an unspoken theme: He's too soft to handle direct questions about his team's standards. OK.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 9:58 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
If you think Harbaugh is so weak that he can't handle direct questions about his own player... how is he going to beat Seattle?

This guy is great!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawknation2014":20m0nhgh said:
Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Then Harbaugh tells the Asian reporter he's sticking "bamboo shoots" under his fingernails for having the audacity to confront him with his blatant hypocrisy. Harbaugh is an arrogant SOB who has no respect for others. Could you imagine Pete Carroll treating a reporter like this? I don't think so.

Your post is a little hard of hearing. He certainly didn't say that in regards to bamboo shoots. Please listen again and report back. (Cant believe I just defended something Jimmy Boy said)

BlueBlood

Reaction score
If Smith was half the player he is he'd have been cut a long time ago. There are only a few teams that would even keep a guy like that around and Ill say Seattle is one of them. As Seahawks fans we can't really dog douchebaugh on this one. Pete, god bless him, wouldn't have even entertained this reporter as long as Hairbag did. The journalist is also trying to make a name for himself and I'm sure he is so proud of this piece of work.

Point is, everyone has an agenda and this is a non story.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3eoh0mn4 said:
If Smith was half the player he is he'd have been cut a long time ago. There are only a few teams that would even keep a guy like that around and Ill say Seattle is one of them. As Seahawks fans we can't really dog douchebaugh on this one. Pete, god bless him, wouldn't have even entertained this reporter as long as Hairbag did. The journalist is also trying to make a name for himself and I'm sure he is so proud of this piece of work.

Oh I dont know, I think its a story, a very entertaining story. That video is hilarious. The tweets are funny.

I'm enjoying it. Seeing Harbaugh go all....

46114-jim-harbaugh-hulk-gif-V1jm.gif

Is always worth a laugh.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
hawknation2014":10sjc18v said:
Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Then Harbaugh tells the Asian reporter he's sticking "bamboo shoots" under his fingernails for having the audacity to confront him with his blatant hypocrisy. Harbaugh is an arrogant SOB who has no respect for others. Could you imagine Pete Carroll treating a reporter like this? I don't think so.

LOL.

What did the blind Asian say when he walked past the fish market?

Herro Radies!

Being African American myself, I enjoy a good joke and I think we as Americans are way too serious about this topic of race. I Love fried chicken and watermelon jokes. They're funny because they're true!! Hahahaha

Trying to rip on Hairball in this way is a reach at best. He gives us plenty of reasons without bringing race into it!! God it must be hell living in limelight with everyone out to get you!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":30m38k82 said:
BlueBlood":30m38k82 said:

Oh I dont know, I think its a story, a very entertaining story. That video is hilarious. The tweets are funny.

I'm enjoying it. Seeing Harbaugh go all....

46114-jim-harbaugh-hulk-gif-V1jm.gif

Is always worth a laugh.

I didn't watch the video, any excuse to laugh at Tardbaugh is worth it. The racist comments are so lame though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":b41r7xsl said:
Harbaugh right out of the gate with the, " I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that." You know he had that queued up just in case a reporter asked him something he didn't like. What a DB.

After that line, I'm glad Kawakami didn't let him off the hook, and put some pressure on him, good for him. Harbaugh deserved it. Kawakami didn't look bothered by the exchange, Harbaugh was about ready to go Hulk Smash mode.

I really enjoyed that, too funny. :lol: :th2thumbs:

Actually....he had that waiting not for the question specifically....but for Tim Kawakami.

You guys act like Tim is just a peace-loving beat reporter who was so cruelly victimized by cruel Jim Harbaugh.

Jim ain't no saint, so lets not get it twisted, but Tim Kawakami knew EXACTLY what he was doing and the response it would get and continued to push when the question had already been asked and answered. Tim was looking for a reaction. the "Is 10 felonies too much?" line in particular...he was looking for a reaction to become the story.

Just for a second....just try an experiment for me. Watch the video again. This time presuppose there is already bad blood between these two men and that Kawakami has a history of trying to push buttons. Watch how Kawakami pushes and how Harbaugh tries to back away from the conversation (as he should do).

The question that is so loved here about being above reproach....he explained it exactly as he did the first time. It's something the 49ers and EVERYONE strives for. He said that he can't imagine someone wouldn't strive for it. He even acknowledged that some members of his team have some work to do in that regard. That doesn't get the attention tho. What gets attention is an a frustrated coach getting tired of getting the same question over and over and makes a pun about not having any more information even if he was being tortured...which then here gets turned into a racially insensitive slur.

Its all good. This is a Seahawk fan site and you guys are entitled to your fun...I just hope you don't actually believe this BS.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
49er fans don't like Kawakami because he asks tough questions not to be contrarian, but because sports media has enough lickspittles that lob softballs and write crappy fluff articles. Who is the guy that does that in our sports media? We need that guy or gal, even if that person ticks us off sometimes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1n04ln6p said:

Thank You.

Marvin49

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3122lp8j said:
Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:31 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
@sal_castaneda The 49ers fan base is drawing more and more loonies every year. It's very notable. The team must be so proud.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:43 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
Again, the Harbaugh-fan rants circle around to an unspoken theme: He's too soft to handle direct questions about his team's standards. OK.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 9:58 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
If you think Harbaugh is so weak that he can't handle direct questions about his own player... how is he going to beat Seattle?

This guy is great!

The fact that he felt the need to respond in this way tells you everything you need to know. 49er fans who know his act are responding to him and this is his response. Egotistical to the end. Making himself the story.

He can't let the facts or his story do it on their own so he is compelled to publically defend himself....FROM 49ER FANS. Not from Jim Harbaugh....but FROM FANS.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":1pegz5u1 said:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 55m

And for those asking, I have zero problem with Harbaugh's "bamboo shoots" comment. Just a Harbaugh-ism that I took only as that.

Wow....I actually agree with him about something.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":38i278vj said:
49er fans don't like Kawakami because he asks tough questions not to be contrarian, but because sports media has enough lickspittles that lob softballs and write crappy fluff articles. Who is the guy that does that in our sports media? We need that guy or gal, even if that person ticks us off sometimes.
i agree and disagree. The Raiders fanbase hates him even more than 49ers fans.

the guy is a shock-reporter. he purposefully seeks out rage on twitter, and he trolls the fanbases. I'm an NHL fan, and the main beatwriter for the Colorado Avs behaves the same way.

Overall, I think what Kawakami asked was fair. I think the way he asked it was immature. I think Harbaugh's response was immature. But i also think Harbaugh has the right to keep certain policies (like disciplinary standards) in house. There is really no need to comment on an ongoing legal matter.

Btw Marvin, I think you are exaggerating the feud between Harbaugh and Kawakami.. Kawakami has showered JH with praise these past 3 seasons

Marvin49

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2jvj5kzl said:
Smelly McUgly":2jvj5kzl said:

the guy is a shock-reporter. he purposefully seeks out rage on twitter, and he trolls the fanbases. I'm an NHL fan, and the main beatwriter for the Colorado Avs behaves the same way.

Overall, I think what Kawakami asked was fair. I think the way he asked it was immature. I think Harbaugh's response was immature. But i also think Harbaugh has the right to keep certain policies (like disciplinary standards) in house. There is really no need to comment on an ongoing legal matter.

Btw Marvin, I think you are exaggerating the feud between Harbaugh and Kawakami.. Kawakami has showered JH with praise these past 3 seasons

1) On the first bold, I'd say that's fair. Asking questions about Aldon or the way they plan on dealing with the situation is fair. Its the manner in which he did so and the way he kept pressing long after it was clear Harbaugh wasn't going to answer the question. Moreover, Kawakami knew BEFORE HE ASKED THE QUESTION that Harbaugh couldn't really answer the question. Its a legal proceeding. He was trying to get a rise out of him.

2) On the second bold, you are sorta correct. Kawakami was "at his best" when the 49ers were bad...IE, pre-Harbaugh. He hadn't had much to say until very recently...but that's when it got bad. It was Kawakami who reported that Harbaugh and Baalke weren't speaking (false). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers were trying to get rid of Harbaugh (False). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers wouldn't exercise Aldons 5th year option (false). On that last one he got flack on Twitter as well and fended off twitter peeps as well...his only response what that they "changed their mind". He routinely takes very small parts of shoddy data and constructs his little story that has no basis in reality and passes it off as insider news.

I lost all respect for the guy several years ago...pre Harbaugh. He was on a radio show with the Razor and Mr. T. He accidently let it slip that he couldn't agree with what the 49ers were doing because it wouldn't create news. He quickly tried to restate what he said but both the radio hosts were cracking up because they knew he had just made the classic mistake of screwing up by telling the truth.

Bottom line, the guy is a hack. As you said, he's a shock-reporter. He's only slightly better than the Cohns. I don't read what he writes regardless of it its good or bad. Its always skewed by his lens.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Marvin49":au5cp0jv said:
Front7vLOB":au5cp0jv said:
Smelly McUgly":au5cp0jv said:

2) On the second bold, you are sorta correct. Kawakami was "at his best" when the 49ers were bad...IE, pre-Harbaugh. He hadn't had much to say until very recently...but that's when it got bad. It was Kawakami who reported that Harbaugh and Baalke weren't speaking (false). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers were trying to get rid of Harbaugh (False). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers wouldn't exercise Aldons 5th year option (false). On that last one he got flack on Twitter as well and fended off twitter peeps as well...his only response what that they "changed their mind". He routinely takes very small parts of shoddy data and constructs his little story that has no basis in reality and passes it off as insider news.
I guess I didn't realize he was the one publishing those stories. If that's the case, I can see why Harbaugh is not cool with him (Kawakami could have been right all along for all we know).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":ko3xdg4b said:
Marvin49":ko3xdg4b said:
Front7vLOB":ko3xdg4b said:
Smelly McUgly":ko3xdg4b said:

I guess I didn't realize he was the one publishing those stories. If that's the case, I can see why Harbaugh is not cool with him (Kawakami could have been right all along for all we know).

That's kinda the thing....

...Kawakami has sources. None of his stories are 100% incorrect. What he does though is take very small snippets of data and constructs a grand story and passes it off as news.

Good Example: The 49ers are probably not going to extend Aldon Smith. BS. They were ALWAYS going to extend him. They just wanted Aldon to sweat it. It made no sense not to extend him since they could release him anyway after the year. All the extension did was allow them to keep him for 10 mil instead of having to resign him for much more than that if he kept himself clean.

That's not interesting though. No...as Kawakami had it, the 49ers were not only not going to renew him, but might not even let him play this year. He had played his last down as a 49er according to Kawakami. That's part of what that exchange was about...Kawakami trying to be right.

Dude is an ego maniac. So is Harbaugh. The difference is one of them is a football coach and the other is supposed to be an impartial reporter.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I see too much excuse making for Harbaugh's bully tactics. Kind of like the excuses these same fans are making for hit and runs, brass knuckle threats, an NFL quarterback sleeping with drunk randoms on spring break, felony weapons possession charges, multiple DUIs, and fake bomb threats.

This is coming from someone who has been highly critical of the non-prescribed adderall uses by Irvin and others, as well as Sherman's poor sportsmanship in post-game.

When you put fanaticism over ethics, you risk losing your moral compass.