Jimmy Graham Sucked Today

Hawks46

Reaction score
I loved the Graham trade, and I love the talent.

Unfortunately, it seems it isn't working. He's either checked out, or Russ has checked him out. Wilson rarely looked for him this game. Graham had the 2nd most targets on the team in week 1, but dropped a big one. Maybe Russ is telling him something this week ?

I don't think we get a whole lot for him in season. Let him walk and get the comp pick. Because if it comes down to Graham or Richardson, I know who I want.

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3gelb212 said:
Seymour":3gelb212 said:
Sgt. Largent":3gelb212 said:
jammerhawk":3gelb212 said:
LOL!

The truth is revealed in dark humour.

Does anyone recall the 2 pass series wherein Willson was effectively targetted? Why did the OC go away from that?

Why no slants to Graham why no short outside fades where he gets to use his size?

I have no idea what you guys are seeing, Graham's ineffectiveness right now is his OWN doing...........not playcalling.

Dude gets blown up trying to block, gets punched in the mouth and spends the rest of the game moping and meandering out into his routes.

When Russell runs around for 10 seconds and you don't get open, that's not on Russell or Bevell, that's on YOU. Every other receiver has figured it out, why can't Graham?

It is difficult to differentiate the 2. This all started with the misuse / non-use by Bevell but now has turned into a Jimmy "I surrender" issue. Hugh Millen went off on him this morning pointing out he is totally tipping off his (and others) routes with lax effort, making half hearted blocks, and has become a serious liability with little blocking ability. After Graham took that hit he dropped the ball on, he was done.

He is not a real Seahawk. He is a quitter.

Go read about this kids story and then come back and say this. Some cold hearted comments.

Go look at his tape. It does not lie. He is checking out. That doesn't mean he hasn't overcome much in his life. Possibly he has a very moody personality that plays against him, I don't know.... but again, the film does not lie.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete said that Graham hurt his knee and ankle yesterday, so this may be a moot point. Probably won't see him in Tennessee.

Good time to see what this offense looks like without him. My guess is no difference to better cause he's not in there getting destroyed blocking.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
And you wouldn't be frustrated if you were Graham with this offense? He's a TD machine being asked continually to help block for the olines inefficiency. That's like buying a sports car and using it to haul trash to the dump. Fix the oline and everything will follow suit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2t2b00ys said:
And you wouldn't be frustrated if you were Graham with this offense? He's a TD machine bring asked continually to help block for the olines inefficiency. That's like buying a sports car and using it to haul trash to the dump. Fix the oline and everything will follow suit.

I don't blame him one bit, but that doesn't excuse letting it affect your game, and the team.

Doug gets frustrated, Marshawn used to ALWAYS get frustrated. Does it affect their game? No, they bust their asses just the same and eventually it all evens out and you get your touches.

Don't see that from Graham.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1b8nkseu said:
I'm just going to say it he's soft i'll be glad when he's gone.

Glad when one of the premier tight ends in this league is gone? Sometimes this fan base baffles the hell out of me.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
JG is becoming a seeming liability for sure.

As others pointed out, weird how when he goes out our other tight ends are suddenly getting appropriate play calls that benefit them but Jimmy is repeatedly told to chip block before releasing.

Weird. But the last two games he has not been involved. He looks out of it. Injury or attitude, something is up.

Maybe the team is quietly shopping him and he knows?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wanting to trade Graham for an offensive lineman is like wanting to sell your mildly broken car in order to pay off some bills.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":13jekirh said:
Wanting to trade Graham for an offensive lineman is like wanting to sell your mildly broken car in order to pay off some bills.

Well now he's broken, but if he ever gets healthy then I disagree, he has value.

You don't think some pass heavy contenders would give up a quality lineman or pick for Graham? I do.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2omfl3bb said:
Northwest Seahawk":2omfl3bb said:

Glad when one of the premier tight ends in this league is gone? Sometimes this fan base baffles the hell out of me.

He's never been premier anything in Seattle has he.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":111qy8ey said:

Says the guy that said the same thing about Kearse. Where there is a will, there is a way.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":13kbv3tu said:
Jimmy is not happy here for several reasons.........if I told you my post would be deleted.

I'd love to hear what you have to say. PM?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
While Graham's four receptions for nine yards on 10 targets are of concern, his health may be the greater risk currently. During his postgame press conference, head coach Pete Carroll said his big play tight end banged his knee during the game but on Monday, he either added to or amended his original prognosis.

"Jimmy's got a sore ankle, today, too," Carroll said during his weekly appearance on 710 ESPN's "Brock and Salk" show. "I don't know what this week's going to be for him. I'm not sure yet."

The last part of Carroll's statement seems to indicate that Graham's practice and/or game status could be up in the air due to the injury. And if the returns from their 49ers win are any indication, Graham may be better off sitting. Following the first half injury, he only received one target and appeared in only 65 percent of the team's total snaps. For a baseline, he appeared in 82 percent of the team's snaps in week one.

He also wasn't used during the team's final two drives, which salted away the game.

Graham certainly doesn't have to worry about the injury long term but in the short term, it may drag down further an already floundering start to the season or keep him out Sunday's action versus the Tennessee Titans entirely.

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Jimmy-Gra ... -107623180

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2l7nkpil said:
Jimmy is not happy here for several reasons.........if I told you my post would be deleted.

Related to a dislike for Bennett?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":mwoks5l6 said:
Bigpumpkin":mwoks5l6 said:

Definitely might stem from some of his teammates still not liking him.

But hell, Russell's taken more crap from his own teammates than anyone, doesn't affect his focus or effort.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Lethargic? Not sure what game you were watching but I see someone blocking his tail off well into the second half off the game. So he dropped a pass. So he didn't flail his arms and whine to the refs on that TD pass he was held on. Let's cut him, or trade him for some has been lineman who's prime is well behind him. :pukeface:

Focus on Graham and tell me he gave up
[youtube]aw-ODDwaIBQ[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2v1ildn5 said:
Seymour":2v1ildn5 said:
Bigpumpkin":2v1ildn5 said:

Definitely might stem from some of his teammates still not liking him.

But hell, Russell's taken more crap from his own teammates than anyone, doesn't affect his focus or effort.

Russell is a rare breed when it comes to ignoring the noise. He won a friggen SB when he knew Tate was into his cookie jar. :shock:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3o4vp1mk said:
Mistashoesta":3o4vp1mk said:
Northwest Seahawk":3o4vp1mk said:

He's never been premier anything in Seattle has he.

And that's his fault cause he has to help one of the worst olines in history? Right.