Jimmy Graham Sucked Today

2_0_6

Reaction score
Jimmy is going to sign with the 49ers next year along with Kirk Cousins and show us twice a year how he should have been used.

netskier

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2qu3005l said:
And you wouldn't be frustrated if you were Graham with this offense? He's a TD machine being asked continually to help block for the olines inefficiency. That's like buying a sports car and using it to haul trash to the dump. Fix the oline and everything will follow suit.

I see it the same way. Sportscars are crappy, soft trash trucks. What happened to the Seahawks finding the best ways to employ players?

Just don't trade him to the Pats where the Gronkowski/Graham tandem would win for years.

I think play him as a WR, and let Willson and Vannett fill the TE blocking role.

netskier

Reaction score
semiahmoo":8ljwa38r said:
Bigpumpkin":8ljwa38r said:
Jimmy is not happy here for several reasons.........if I told you my post would be deleted.

I'd love to hear what you have to say. PM?

I would also love to hear what you have to say. PM?

netskier

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3f8ctmze said:
Jimmy is going to sign with the 49ers next year along with Kirk Cousins and show us twice a year how he should have been used.

Ugh!. I hate your prediction, because it sounds so scary. But it is probably not smart to trade an almost unstoppable weapon such as he is, to the Niners in the NFC West. But I think we will likely see Graham show us this somewhere else.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
netskier":2gs30v4z said:
Hawk_Nation":2gs30v4z said:

Ugh!. I hate your prediction, because it sounds so scary. But it is probably not smart to trade an almost unstoppable weapon such as he is, to the Niners in the NFC West. But I think we will likely see Graham show us this somewhere else.

We already ripped the soul clean out of one of their TE's, leaving him a shell of his former self forever, I'm sure we're willing to do it again if need be, even to Jimmy.

kamhit.gif

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10lx37ir said:
netskier":10lx37ir said:
Hawk_Nation":10lx37ir said:

We already ripped the soul clean out of one of their TE's, leaving him a shell of his former self forever, I'm sure we're willing to do it again if need be, even to Jimmy.

kamhit.gif

What a hit!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1lbgmjv3 said:
Jimmy is not happy here for several reasons.........if I told you my post would be deleted.

Yeah, please share! PM if you feel the info warrants it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2241xtgd said:
Sgt. Largent":2241xtgd said:
netskier":2241xtgd said:
Hawk_Nation":2241xtgd said:

kamhit.gif

What a hit!

I wanted to come into this thread again defending Jimmy but all I can do is be amazed at how Kam literally ruined the career of Vernon Davis. That hit is incredible.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vf3wl5x said:
MontanaHawk05":1vf3wl5x said:
Wanting to trade Graham for an offensive lineman is like wanting to sell your mildly broken car in order to pay off some bills.

Well now he's broken, but if he ever gets healthy then I disagree, he has value.

You don't think some pass heavy contenders would give up a quality lineman or pick for Graham? I do.

First, no, I don't.

Second, it's not about what they'd give up. It's about the fact this team still needs a tall target. Sure, he's not cutting the mustard right now. But get rid of him and you just...lack a tall target. Leaving Wilson with fewer people to throw to. He targeted Graham 7 times vs the Packers. Each of those times might have been hits or sacks without Graham.

hawk45

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3j2z12z5 said:
Sgt. Largent":3j2z12z5 said:
MontanaHawk05":3j2z12z5 said:
Wanting to trade Graham for an offensive lineman is like wanting to sell your mildly broken car in order to pay off some bills.

Well now he's broken, but if he ever gets healthy then I disagree, he has value.

You don't think some pass heavy contenders would give up a quality lineman or pick for Graham? I do.

First, no, I don't.

Second, it's not about what they'd give up. It's about the fact this team still needs a tall target. Sure, he's not cutting the mustard right now. But get rid of him and you just...lack a tall target. Leaving Wilson with fewer people to throw to. He targeted Graham 7 times vs the Packers. Each of those times might have been hits or sacks without Graham.

Didn't hurt us in 2015.

Isn't hurting us now, in the red zone certainly. Because we don't throw at him there, or at least we don't make him a focal point.

Better blocking would definitely help in the red zone. And every other play call.

I agree nobody is going to give us much straight up for rent-a-Graham, in all likelihood. Package him with our low first and they might talk turkey, and I'd agree to that so fast I'd hang up before they could change their minds and unplug the phone.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Just trade him for an average tight end that is an average blocker and average receiver. We need tight-ends who can block so that we can have a run game and some pass protection.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2y4j99j0 said:
Just trade him for an average tight end that is an average blocker and average receiver. We need tight-ends who can block so that we can have a run game and some pass protection.

He already is an average blocker. Its just that every time he makes 1 mistake, it gets ridiculed and the narrative continues...he blocked over 30 times last game, and 2 weren't adequate. Watch the film.

Seymour

Reaction score
scrummymustard":39e7kp9t said:
fenderbender123":39e7kp9t said:

He already is an average blocker. Its just that every time he makes 1 mistake, it gets ridiculed and the narrative continues...he blocked over 30 times last game, and 2 weren't adequate. Watch the film.

That was after he was called out for his effort in game 1. Also, watch his route running when he is not getting the ball. 3/4 speed, rounded cuts, nothing inspires a double team because he telegraphs through effort the play is going elsewhere. Negates any advantage to helping other receivers.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seymour":11tkbapt said:
scrummymustard":11tkbapt said:
fenderbender123":11tkbapt said:

That was after he was called out for his effort in game 1. Also, watch his route running when he is not getting the ball. 3/4 speed, rounded cuts, nothing inspires a double team because he telegraphs through effort the play is going elsewhere. Negates any advantage to helping other receivers.

Reminds me of Shawn Alexander on a play action

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Seymour":3v26rkrm said:
scrummymustard":3v26rkrm said:
fenderbender123":3v26rkrm said:

Don't see all of these negatives on the all-22, guess we will agree to disagree. Exaggerate much?

Seymour

Reaction score
scrummymustard":2i0xw3c0 said:
Seymour":2i0xw3c0 said:
scrummymustard":2i0xw3c0 said:
fenderbender123":2i0xw3c0 said:

Don't see all of these negatives on the all-22, guess we will agree to disagree. Exaggerate much?

No, in fact I don't. Watch football much?

Hugh Millen and Mike Holmgren also pointed this out and agreed this week. Start at the 16M mark if you care to learn something...just for beginners.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-...being-non-factor-and-russell-wilson-28471631/

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jimmy was third on the team in targets last year, so he's obviously being used correctly. And as far as blocking in pass pro, Russ's health mandated that plan be implemented. And his extra blocking protection was one factor that allowed Doug and later Lockett and Richardson to have solid seasons.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Seymour":3or6m27r said:
scrummymustard":3or6m27r said:
Seymour":3or6m27r said:
scrummymustard":3or6m27r said:

Hugh Millen and Mike Holmgren also pointed this out and agreed this week. Start at the 16M mark if you care to learn something...just for beginners.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-...being-non-factor-and-russell-wilson-28471631/

Yea I've watched the game 4 times, twice today with the All-22, funny how the media and you were able to see all of that from just the broadcast angle before the all-22 came out.

Typical overreaction Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
scrummymustard":2q0t39fo said:
Seymour":2q0t39fo said:
scrummymustard":2q0t39fo said:
Seymour":2q0t39fo said:

Yea I've watched the game 4 times, twice today with the All-22, funny how the media and you were able to see all of that from just the broadcast angle before the all-22 came out.

Typical overreaction Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think Millen and Holmgren have the same level of film access as you do? Also, much of the analysis is coming from game 1 as well, not just this game. But hey, you are the expert, so carry on.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":2l77nwkh said:
scrummymustard":2l77nwkh said:
fenderbender123":2l77nwkh said:

I caught that about him as well the last game. If the play is going to the other side Jimmy isn't selling his route at all.

It's the kind of thing that gets a kid pulled off the field at the high school level let alone the NFL.

Something weird going on w/him and I'm a Jimmy G. fan.

Latest posts