John Abraham retires

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
However,
The question is now that there are no direct quotes from himself about the memory loss. That could all be speculation, or something anyone could have said. Our coach has stated he had no known concussions that Abraham had reported having in the past... It was more of a, he didnt know if he was prepared for another season with the personal issues and DUI issue he is having..... There is just too many questions to know which one it really is...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":15i5ctsu said:
ringless":15i5ctsu said:
Abraham has decided to not retire, and will rejoin the team tomorrow... Wants to get to #5 all time on the sack list! This is huge for us because our pass rush was not the same without him the last 1.5 games.....

Wow this has me excited!

And when he takes another blow to the head next week, is he going to retire again?

Usually in cases like this the best thing is to not continue.

Maybe he's forgotten that he wants to retire.

canfan

Reaction score
ringless":303kgc2s said:
Abraham has decided to not retire, and will rejoin the team tomorrow... Wants to get to #5 all time on the sack list! This is huge for us because our pass rush was not the same without him the last 1.5 games.....

Wow this has me excited!

I admire the player, but I hope he knows what he is doing. If he already has significant memory loss, this could be a bad decision. In 10 years he may not even know what "#5 all time on the sack list" even means, let alone be proud of it. I hope its worth it to him.

mikeak

Reaction score
Probably realized that it was economically preferable not to retire but to join the team and then be put on IR. Most likely sets him up from an insurance perspective - not sure how it affects money from the leg etc when forced by the team to go on IR due to injury sustained in the workplace.

Either that or Dwoyer punched him in the head as Abraham was walking in and Dwoyer was walking out....

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
The hits just keep coming for the for ARZ, sorry ringless.

Abraham was an excellent football players for many years, I wish him the best.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
ringless":222j5m53 said:

Wow this has me excited!

Whoa, I spoke too soon.

Is it worth it, Mr. Abraham? Cant take it with you, ya know.