Justin and Gee to be replaced by daily John Clayton Show

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3aqkqpkd said:
In fairness, Justin Myers is pretty good with other co-hosts.

I agree with this. However, he's not a patch on Michael Grey and his old show.

I like Brock and Salk. Salk gets good Mariners scoops and I could listen to Brock talk about football all day. Plus some of Boy Howdys stuff is quite funny.

Dave Grosby annoys me, he seems so dour but I like listening to Tom Wassel.

The evening show has grown on me. I get why some people hate Jim Moore but I like the fact that he isn't afraid to put an opinion out there rightly or wrongly and stands by the Cougs no matter how bad they are. I like Danny O'Neill better on this show than I did in the morning show. Seems a better fit.

kearly

Reaction score
Gee really needs to tone down the campy positivist shtick, he sounds like he's auditioning for a Hangin' with Mr. Cooper reboot. And Justin is just too bland for radio.

But I'll give these guys credit for not being huge idiots, which makes them easier to listen to than about half of sports talk hosts in Seattle.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think we need to start the movement to bring back Coop!!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's funny. When they started I couldn't stand Gee. Over the past year, it's completely flipped for me.

I think Justin is pretty good for Mariner's pre-game and whatnot, but he's the reason I turn off 710 from 10-noon most days.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
If anything those stupid Shane co jewelley adverts almost make me want to turn the radio off. The guys accent annoys me and the voice actor people who only want diamonds over anything else seems so self centered. If people in real life said I don't want your gift, get me diamonds they'd be getting a swift boot in the balls and unfriended.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Gee is awful... I wrote about this somewhere in a Shack thread but his bizarre analogies where I ..guess...he thinks hes being deep are infuriating...

"This is like.. when youre in high school. Right. And you like a girl. But you 17 so like A LOT of girls. So yeah, you like her and you like her. And you go to the McDonalds with that one after school and the next day maybe you at In N Out with a different girl. But its not cheating. Because youre 17. Youre just figuring things out. And so Britt and left guard doesnt bother me."

Shut. Up. I really get the feeling Justin hates being paired with him and has to entertain his nonsensical rants.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm no Steve Sandmeyer apologist but 710 should get him in for this spot. Chuck Powell is such a much better listen, I can't even put it into words.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":32hbq0y6 said:
I'm no Steve Sandmeyer apologist but 710 should get him in for this spot. Chuck Powell is such a much better listen, I can't even put it into words.
Eh, I'll take Gee. Agreed on Chuck Powell.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Both stations have horrible mid day guys now. Gee is one of those clowns who calls people racist if you don't like Cam Newton. And Powell only talks baseball, and sounds like he should be doing 60 minutes, and not sports. He's very boring IMO.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
When I was living up there I found all the Seattle local radio to be pretty insufferable for the most part. I liked Brock Huard a lot but Salk is so awful. Then everything after that was just not fun.

Softy would be entertaining at times, but he gets pretty old fast too.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I wonder for how many more years Brock will stick around.

He seems to be getting more prominence in the national stage, especially during college football season and has done commentary for a few of the major college games last year and will probably get more next season.

Think it may just be a matter of time before he goes to a bigger stage, especially with ESPN cutting lots of their current national guys.

I don't mind Softy. I think sometimes he spouts stuff before he thinks and going by the Seattle times article on him, it sometimes comes back to bite him. I also think he can be easily wound up by callers which is funny, especially when they bring up that he didn't actually go to UW despite being a Husky die hard. Almost like a Husky Jim Moore in some ways, except Moore doesn't get wound up as much and seems more laid back.

He seems to have a major beef with Mitch as well and seems to bring it up publically. I figured KJR would want them to keep stuff quiet, like 710 did with the Michael Grey issues.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
CPHawk":2bwhvtt3 said:
Gee is one of those clowns who calls people racist if you don't like Cam Newton.

I've never heard Gee call anyone racist for any reason. Must have been on a day I turned them off.

The only thing I've heard from Gee about Cam Newton and race was after the Super Bowl press conference. Gee said he was more disappointed than Justin because in the public eye Cam is a representative of the new generation of black athletes (QBs in particular) and Gee felt that Cam let down a lot of people who look up to him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1js8bp2p said:

He seems to be getting more prominence in the national stage, especially during college football season and has done commentary for a few of the major college games last year and will probably get more next season.

Think it may just be a matter of time before he goes to a bigger stage, especially with ESPN cutting lots of their current national guys.
Agree

Basis4day

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":384wxeqq said:

He still does about a game each week for college does he not? I think as long as Brock wants to host a daily radio show he can do both. A lot of sports media personalities wear many different hats.

Not that i like him, but Tony Kornheiser was on MNF for a couple seasons and was still hosting a daily radio show.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I tried listening a couple times...not good. They even flubbed up an interview with Michael Bennett, that is very hard to do...nearly impossible, but yet they did it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1cw0mn5c said:
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/john-clayton-to-host-morning-show-on-710-espn/

Its been canned. Justin let go, gee scott assigned to other role in station.

John clayton to get his own show. Could listen to him all day talk about football. A decent replacement for Michael Grey

Good news. Should have happened a year ago.

Latest posts