Kaep in trouble???? Investigated for incident in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JZ#1":1nt9wepx said:
Marvin49":1nt9wepx said:
JZ#1":1nt9wepx said:
Remember when Michael Crabtree was supposedly in trouble on rape chargers? That turned out to be false.

This is what Kaepernick has to deal with and other young athletes when they go out and party. They are visible, they are hundreds of money hungry young girls, willing to throw themselves and dirty enough/and maybe drunk enough and maybe delusional enough to try to do a money grab. When you are a football player, especially the face of your franchise at QB, you really need to think if you really want to put yourself out there. No matter how hard you work during the day, going out at night when you are such a visible target is risky.

Something that Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, and a lot of quarterbacks understand. Colin has all the talent in the world. Seems to be a hard worker at least physically. But there is more to being a greater QB than just the grind. Just another example of how the Seahawks hit gold when they drafted Russell Wilson who encompasses everything you could ever ask for as a leader and as a player. What separates Wilson is more his dedication to the nuances of being a quarterback than his talent. Every QB in the NFL has pretty special talent.

Just another reason why the 49ers should be hesitant to paying Kaepernick this offseason. Why not wait till next offseason? Why not just tag him? If Harbaugh is the QB whisperer that he appears to be, CK is completely not replaceable. Don't get me wrong, Kaepernick's talents are special and the 49ers probably don't get nearly as deep in the playoffs without him, but there are other quarterbacks with solid skillsets.

OK...so many responses.....

1) I hope this is like Crab, but there is no way I'm going to make that my default position until I know more. I know too many women who have been a victim and seen the damage it does. I hope that's its BS just like with Crab, but we'll just have to see.

2) The worker argument drives me nuts. People see him working out like mad and automatically assume he isn't doing the other work. Why? Nobody puts a camera on him when he's working on the other stuff. Nobody around him has EVER made the complaint that he doesn't work on the mental aspect of the game.

3) They need to sign him this year (assuming the allegations are false). They may need that tag for Aldon, Iupati, or Crabtree. If you wait till next offseason you are in a bad position with 2 of those guys (and possibly 3 depending on if they pick up the option on Aldon) will all be hitting Free Agency with Kap. Moreover, if he goes out and wins the SB, his pricetag skyrockets in a time when the cap is growing by leaps and bounds. If you sign him NOW, you lock in todays market. If Seattle could lock in Wilson now, they'd be doing it. With the cap jumping 10 mil per year for the next several years, 18-20 mil will be chump change for a starting NFL QB. If he signs for that, in 3 or 4 years after Cam, Wilson, Luck and even RG3 have resigned, Kap will be in the middle of the pack.

Again tho...this all depends on if any of these allegations are true.

I agree with your point about number 2. We really don't know. Its just an assumption based on how he appears to play and how much you see him working out physically. We don't know if he is watching film or working with a QB coach in the offseason.

Regarding #3, I understand the FA situation, however you could sign him right after the season ends. Is the risk/reward really there to sign him this year vs next year? We are talking what the difference between 18 million per year vs 22 to 25 if he wins the superbowl? Whereas, if you wait and he regresses/gets hurt or rapes someone, he is probably worth 10-14 million?

Its not just if he wins the SB. The Market will move regardless on QBs especially since the cap is growing substantially. Wilson will be up next year (not his contract, but his 3 year CBA stipulation so he can be resigned). Cam will need a new deal. You also have zero leverage when the contract is done. Your ONLY recourse is the franchise tag...and then you risk losing Iupati, Crab, or even Aldon.

Here's the other thing....with that cap expanding as it is, the money he's asking for will have a much smaller impact on the cap than it did for the Packers, Ravens, Falcons, etc. Its a perfect time to resign him....assuming the charges are false. If there is something to the charges, all bets are off.

Cartire

Reaction score
JZ#1":2masodw3 said:
I wouldn't understand why someone like CK would ever need to sexually assault a girl. Could you imagine how easy it would be to pull woman as CK? It would be as easy as hitting submit on this post. Why assault a girl when thousands of girls would open your legs pretty instantly. Probably just a money grabbing chick but who knows.

Darren Sharper.

It's not always about the sex. That's the easy part. It's about the control. That's what gets these sick guys off.

F me, you guys post to fast. Already mentioned above.

JZ#1

Reaction score
blaine_gabbert_2011_09_01.jpg

Largent80

Reaction score
I am SO glad Russell Wilson is our QB. The last place he would be is at a poolside party on spring break week.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":1k20g7eh said:
I am SO glad Russell Wilson is our QB. The last place he would be is at a poolside party on spring break week.

Dude is also married, not single. Kap is in Miami training BTW at a facility suggested to him by Frank Gore and Anquan Boldin. He took Quinton Patton with him.

Come on now...if you were young, single and rich, you WOULDN'T be there?

Just hoping the assault is BS.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Since claiming that the 49ers should be above reproach in everything they do:

-Aldon Smith drunking into a tree at 7 AM and spending half the season in rehab
-Culliver arrested and charged with Felony hit and run
-Kapernick investigated for sexual assualt

Meanwhile, a couple guys on the Seahawks got stoned and watched the hobbit and ate nachos.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2juvlc9a said:
Since claiming that the 49ers should be above reproach in everything they do:

-Aldon Smith drunking into a tree at 7 AM and spending half the season in rehab
-Culliver arrested and charged with Felony hit and run
-Kapernick investigated for sexual assualt

Meanwhile, a couple guys on the Seahawks got stoned and watched the hobbit and ate nachos.

ugg...the "above reproach" BS again. Always has been and always will be taken out of context.

Not happy at all about the # of Niners on the police blotter tho.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Harbaugh should of never put his foot in the mouth. Its the NFL. The most talented athletes in the world don't necessarily come from the best upbringing and then you give them money and fame and you are going to have problems.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JZ#1":2w583wc2 said:
Harbaugh should of never put his foot in the mouth. Its the NFL. The most talented athletes in the world don't necessarily come from the best upbringing and then you give them money and fame and you are going to have problems.

Harbaugh comments were about PEDs. His whole point in the "above reproach" line was that you don't want people saying "You only won because you cheated". It had nothing to do with off the field activities. It was about PEDs.

That does NOT just make that stuff OK. Not at all. In fact the legal issues are far worse.

I'm just saying the comment is used out of context.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
JZ#1":hi1dskns said:
Remember when Michael Crabtree was supposedly in trouble on rape chargers? That turned out to be false.

This is what Kaepernick has to deal with and other young athletes when they go out and party. They are visible, they are hundreds of money hungry young girls, willing to throw themselves and dirty enough/and maybe drunk enough and maybe delusional enough to try to do a money grab. When you are a football player, especially the face of your franchise at QB, you really need to think if you really want to put yourself out there. No matter how hard you work during the day, going out at night when you are such a visible target is risky.

Several years ago I had a job right across the street from my apartment and would walk to work past this school bus stop. This eight-year old kid started coming up to me and talking to me as we walked. Nice kid. But you had better believe I started taking a different route to work. If that kid's mother had looked out the window and seen a strange man talking to her child...? I would have gotten myself in a world of trouble even though I hadn't committed any crime or intended to do so.

What you said there is spot on. If Kaepernick did assault this girl I hope they nail him to the wall. But even if he didn't commit a crime, at a minimum he put himself in a bad situation. If I was still in my 20s and a pro athlete would I want to go out and party? I suppose so. But there are people out there looking for a payday, and it is really easy to put yourself at risk for something like this. It might not be fair but that's the way it is. And now it's a distraction for him and for his team, and there are always going to be people who think he's a rapist based on this one preliminary report, assuming he clears himself or that charges are never filed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I wonder if he threw his Beats on as he left the hotel room.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Woah...

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 23s
RT @mattbarrows: #49ers receiver Quinton Patton and #Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette also are part of the investigation by Miami Police.

Cartire

Reaction score
pmedic920":3bv9aci4 said:
I hope it's all BS.
I don't care for him or his team but nobody deserves to face these allegations if they are false.
sezaqusy.jpg

I knew you read BR. On your phone none-the-less. Uhg.....

Largent80

Reaction score
Marvin49":3enpvieg said:
Largent80":3enpvieg said:

Come on now...if you were young, single and rich, you WOULDN'T be there?

No, I would not put myself in a position where something like this could happen. He may benefit from getting married and stabilizing his life like Russell did.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Marvin49":9804yt5z said:
Woah...

RT @mattbarrows: #49ers receiver Quinton Patton and #Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette also are part of the investigation by Miami Police.

If they were present at the party, they'll at least be listed as possible witnesses.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":nch576am said:
Marvin49":nch576am said:
Woah...

If they were present at the party, they'll at least be listed as possible witnesses.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
According to a Miami PD report, the incident in question occurred April 1 at Ricardo Lockette's apartment in Miami.

SirTed

Reaction score
Largent80":ebgxja33 said:

I'm really glad he's our QB too - but let's be careful here.

Whatever is said about Wilson's character could easily have been said about Tiger Woods at a certain point in his career.

Now, I'm not suggesting anything, I personally think that Wilson is as stand up as they come - but we only see what these athlete's allow us to see and to make assumptions based off that can be foolish.

Same goes for Kaep. It's possible this is true. It's possible it's not. But there is no way to make an accurate assessment of this based on his persona. The guy is obnoxious, wears his hat funny, and chooses to hang out at pool parties, etc etc. Because of this it's more likely he'd rape a girl than someone who is clean cut, says all the right things, and works hard? That's not fair.

I don't like Kaep, but the truth is he reminds me of every twenty-something I ever knew (myself included).

I even think we gotta be careful with the silly nickname stuff. IMO, joking about somebody being a rapist is nearly as insensitive as saying things like "she deserved it" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.