Kaepernick struggling with accuracy in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3t3lgf55 said:
Laloosh":3t3lgf55 said:
Marvin49":3t3lgf55 said:
The Niners lost the Super Bowl the year before. For them it was all about getting back...not trying to play out some vendetta against Richard Sherman.

To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

C'mon, Marv. You really don't put any stock in the idea that those two may have forced things a bit in an effort to make Sherm the guy who lost the big game?

Not such a reach for me personally. Look at his face when Sherm won break-out player of the year at the Espy awards. That's hate. Scurrying to the locker room before time has run off of the clock in another poor outing in SEA proves that he's a poor sport. Why wouldn't he make it personal? Look what he did to Cam Newton.

Face it. He's a bit of a punk kid. May change but for now he's got some sand in his crack.

Oh...I'm sure he can't stand Sherman...particularly AFTER that game.

I just don't think he was trying to go after Sherman on the biggest play of the season. It had to do with Seattles trust in him to leave him one on one and then he did what good players do. He made the play.

Well, that was the one and only time he attempted a pass deep to that side of the field all game. Made four attempts deep to the other two thirds of the field, going 2/2 to the deep middle.

Maybe he should have tried Earl again...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1rkwhuiw said:
Marvin49":1rkwhuiw said:
Laloosh":1rkwhuiw said:
Marvin49":1rkwhuiw said:
The Niners lost the Super Bowl the year before. For them it was all about getting back...not trying to play out some vendetta against Richard Sherman.

C'mon, Marv. You really don't put any stock in the idea that those two may have forced things a bit in an effort to make Sherm the guy who lost the big game?

Not such a reach for me personally. Look at his face when Sherm won break-out player of the year at the Espy awards. That's hate. Scurrying to the locker room before time has run off of the clock in another poor outing in SEA proves that he's a poor sport. Why wouldn't he make it personal? Look what he did to Cam Newton.

Face it. He's a bit of a punk kid. May change but for now he's got some sand in his crack.

I just don't think he was trying to go after Sherman on the biggest play of the season. It had to do with Seattles trust in him to leave him one on one and then he did what good players do. He made the play.

Well, that was the one and only time he attempted a pass deep to that side of the field all game. Made four attempts deep to the other two thirds of the field, going 2/2 to the deep middle.

I just think the LOB is GOOD. LOL.

You have a one on one with your best WR with no safety help. Most QBs make the exact same decision. The mistakes were the call to begin with and Kaps execution of the play. Not because a foot farther and they win, but because that throw should never be intercepted. You put it so far out that the WR or NOBODY catches the ball).

Kap screwed up....I just disagree with what the mistake was. I also have to give credit to Sherman for making a hell of a play. Can't stand the guy, but that was a HUGE play.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":105xmhi9 said:
All he's sayin is that Crab didn't make the mistake. He did. If he had done it right, Sherman would be the goat, not the hero. As in...he screwed up. Crabtree didn't.

Sherman could never have been the goat on that play because he had him completely covered.

Kaepernick couldn't have thrown it right because Crabtree wasn't open! He screwed up by throwing it in the first place. I understand he was taking the blame and that is admirable, my issue is that he completely full of shit.

I get your point, I think it's silly you give him credit for that. You can't seem to move past the admirable part of taking blame onto the actual content of what he said.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":35mt0s4o said:
Laloosh":35mt0s4o said:
Marvin49":35mt0s4o said:
Laloosh":35mt0s4o said:
Marvin49 said:

I just think the LOB is GOOD. LOL.

You have a one on one with your best WR with no safety help. Most QBs make the exact same decision. The mistakes were the call to begin with and Kaps execution of the play.

Kap screwed up....I just disagree with what the mistake was. I also have to give credit to Sherman for making a hell of a play. Can't stand the guy, but that was a HUGE play.

Then you think he should have thrown it out of bounds then because anywhere in bounds bad things were going to happen.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2cy19nh3 said:
Marvin49":2cy19nh3 said:
All he's sayin is that Crab didn't make the mistake. He did. If he had done it right, Sherman would be the goat, not the hero. As in...he screwed up. Crabtree didn't.

Sherman could never have been the goat on that play because he had him completely covered.

Kaepernick couldn't have thrown it right because Crabtree wasn't open! He screwed up by throwing it in the first place. I understand he was taking the blame and that is admirable, my issue is that he completely full of shit.

I get your point, I think it's silly you give him credit for that. You can't seem to move past the admirable part of taking blame onto the actual content of what he said.

LOL.

Dude...as I said before. I wish he hadn't said anything at all. Should have just did what Crabtree did and say nothing.

...but not gonna slam him for defending his teammate...even if it was misguided.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That play was never about Crabtree, he didn't help things by leaving such a small window for CK to throw to, but it started with CK throwing a pass at Sherman with the end zone as a second defender. He should have never even considered that side of the field, especially knowing that Sherman is always there. Crabs rarely gets anything resembling separation on Sherman, he has caught a pass or 2 on Sherman, but literally only one or two.

It was all on CK from the beginning to the end. He made a few mistakes in one play. Deciding to throw at Sherman, then throwing it low instead of out of bounds.

That never should have been the call. It was clearly the best game the Hawks and Niners have had though, the one im SF was good too, but had no significance.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":391qp2mo said:
bigtrain21":391qp2mo said:
Marvin49":391qp2mo said:

LOL.

Dude...as I said before. I wish he hadn't said anything at all. Should have just did what Crabtree did and say nothing.

...but not gonna slam him for defending his teammate...even if it was misguided.

So being misguided and flat out wrong is okay as long as you are defending a teammate. Got it.

When is it okay to hit your teammate on the head with a beer bottle? Got any rules for that?

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1q4dtqgs said:
Marvin49":1q4dtqgs said:
bigtrain21":1q4dtqgs said:
Marvin49":1q4dtqgs said:

LOL.

So being misguided and flat out wrong is okay as long as you are defending a teammate. Got it.

When is it okay to hit your teammate on the head with a beer bottle? Got any rules for that?

Nice straw man.

Never said it was "OK". I said he wasn't making excuses for losing.

Hey...remember that Marshawn Lynch DUI? Or Jeremy Stevens? Hrmm...I wonder how many other completely unrelated pointless observations I can throw in here that have nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

Hey...did you know we landed on the moon?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Straw man? Lol. You mean like saying the accuracy of what Kaepernick says doesn't matter as long as he is taking the blame off of his teammates?

Save the condescending schtick man. We all get what you are saying. It is not a hard concept to understand.

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigtrain is venturing into new territory but I think everyone's clear on what you think you're defending, Marv. I guess I just don't understand why.

It was his mistake to 1) throw the ball in Sherm's direction and 2) to not place the ball where only the receiver had any chance of catching it. Those were his in-game mistakes.

To compound this, he acted like a teenage girl who was dumped on her birthday by making inaccurate claims about what that receiver had actually done against SEA/Sherm as well as assert that Sherm was "afraid" of their receivers.

The latter being okay because he was defending his Lenny Kravitz lookalike of a teammate who had said nothing and done nothing wrong.

Did I misunderstand?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":15uhwgkl said:
oi.

Seriously?

That ABSOLUTELY was a jab back at Richard Sherman. Why do you think he even used Richard Shermans name? He's defending his teammate against the ridiculous comments. THAT'S WHY HE SAID SHERMAN WOULD HAVE BEEN THE GOAT....IE, has HE made a better throw CRABTREE would have been the hero.

You can debate if that's true or not forever, but the point is that he wasn't making an excuse for losing. I can show you several interviews where he says he wishes he'd thrown a better ball, etc...but you don't want to see that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Kap seldom defends himself and usually takes all of the blame (I didn't play well. I need to play better. I wasn't good enough today). Do you really think he'd have said what he said if not for Sherman going off at the end of the game? Hell, he probably wouldn't even have been asked.

Take off the homer glasses bro.

Marvin, if you would take your own homer glasses off you might realize that you are putting words in my mouth, and in so doing you are completely missing the point. I'm not accusing Kaepernick of making excuses. I'm saying he is WHINING. Whining about Sherman so much that he can't even stick up for his teammate without taking a jab at Sherman (which you admit he did) and accusing him of being afraid of their receivers (which even you have previously said was BS.) Whining about missing that throw (and doing so in multiple interviews by your own admission.) Talking about what would have happened--playing the "if only" game--is a worthless endeavor in sports, not to mention life in general. You don't know what would have happened and can't change things even if you did know, so talking about it is a waste of time. If Seattle had lost the NFCCG do you think Russell Wilson would have been bringing up his fumble over and over?

I brought up and continue to bring up Wilson not because I want to beat the dead horse that is the Wilson-Kaepernick comparison, but because the contrast is unavoidable. Less than an hour after a gut-wrenching playoff loss in Atlanta, he is up at the podium talking about how he is looking forward to next season and ready to get back to work in order to do things better. That is leadership. Colin Kaepernick suffers a gut-wrenching playoff loss, and weeks later he is taking potshots at Richard Sherman and talking over and over again about the play he failed to make. That is NOT leadership: it's whiny and petulant. And until he has better mental fortitude he is not elite, and there is no guarantee he ever will be.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Laloosh":3i0tfrtk said:
bigtrain is venturing into new territory but I think everyone's clear on what you think you're defending, Marv. I guess I just don't understand why.

I tried to explain that to him but he just kept reverting to the same argument.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":krqjdaw5 said:
Don't need to tell myself anything. The Hawks are the only team that matters.
Better watch it or you will be on Marvin's faux ignore list! 8)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Is it just me, but did a group of Niner posters start using "straw man" as some point of contention?

I haven't been around much, but it seems to be occurring more frequently today. Like word of the day.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":phxjd2ix said:

It was his mistake to 1) throw the ball in Sherm's direction and 2) to not place the ball where only the receiver had any chance of catching it. Those were his in-game mistakes.

To compound this, he acted like a teenage girl who was dumped on her birthday by making inaccurate claims about what that receiver had actually done against SEA/Sherm as well as assert that Sherm was "afraid" of their receivers.

The latter being okay because he was defending his Lenny Kravitz lookalike of a teammate who had said nothing and done nothing wrong.

Did I misunderstand?

OK...let me try to make this clear.

What I was initially responding to in this thread was that someone was saying that Kap was essentially crying like a baby about the loss several weeks later and was just making excuses for the loss. That's inaccurate. He doesn't do that. He takes the losses personally and if anything he takes too much of the blame on himself.

The only point I was trying to make was that he was defending his teammate, not making an excuse for losing.

Did he make a mistake on that play? Absolutely. We can debate all day if he should have thrown the ball, but I think the throw itself was the error (not the decision). The call didn't have a post-snap read...If Crab is one on one on a corner, its a pre-snap read to go there. The ball is thrown just as the receiver makes his double move, so regardless of who is out there, the ball is going to be thrown. That was confirmed by OC Greg Roman BTW.

The mistakes on the play to me were the play call itself and the throw. Does that mean I think he could have hit Crab for the TD there? That's debatable but it isn't my point. It should never have been thrown to a spot where it could have been deflected or intercepted. It had to go t the back of the endzone. It wasn't. That's on Kap.

You guys keep arguing with me about if what he said was accurate about Crab having 100 yards last year, if he could have scored the TD there, etc. Of course he was wrong about the 100. That has NEVER been the point I've been arguing. I've only been talking about his motivation for making the comments because that was what I initially reacted to.

Peeps are trying to make my argument about something else. It isn't. Lets be clear. Kap screwed up. GRo screwed up. Sherman made a great play. Kap shouldn't have said anything.

None of that however has anything to do with the reason WHY he said anything at all...even though he probably shouldn't have.

EDIT: Below is the comment I was responding to from Shadowhawk.

"After Seattle lost the 2012 divisional playoff game in Atlanta, Russell Wilson started looking forward to the next season before he even reached the podium for the postgame press conference. After the Super Bowl Peyton Manning was gracious in defeat and already talking about coming back in 2014. Yet nearly two weeks after the 2013 NFC Championship Game, Colin Kaepernick was still playing the "if only" game regarding the game clinching interception and making the absurd statement that Sherman was afraid of the 49er receivers, and these were planned remarks and not off-the-cuff statements."

Kap was NOT playing the "if only" game. He accepted his responsibility. All of his comments about that play were in defense of his teammate, not making excuses for the loss. THAT is my point.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":m3esfl2s said:
Is it just me, but did a group of Niner posters start using "straw man" as some point of contention?

I haven't been around much, but it seems to be occurring more frequently today. Like word of the day.

Well a strawman is something you set up to knock down. It must be a Vernon Davis thing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":9tkvoi94 said:

Well I've been using it for awhile so can't speak for other posters.

This thread is a good example. I was simply arguing a fairly simply point about motivation and its been skewed all over the place to mean something I never said or intended.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3m4gcmb5 said:
EDIT: Below is the comment I was responding to from Shadowhawk.

"After Seattle lost the 2012 divisional playoff game in Atlanta, Russell Wilson started looking forward to the next season before he even reached the podium for the postgame press conference. After the Super Bowl Peyton Manning was gracious in defeat and already talking about coming back in 2014. Yet nearly two weeks after the 2013 NFC Championship Game, Colin Kaepernick was still playing the "if only" game regarding the game clinching interception and making the absurd statement that Sherman was afraid of the 49er receivers, and these were planned remarks and not off-the-cuff statements."

Kap was NOT playing the "if only" game. He accepted his responsibility. All of his comments about that play were in defense of his teammate, not making excuses for the loss. THAT is my point.

And my point, as I discussed in my last post on this thread, was that you completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":jscwreo3 said:
Alright, Marvin. I've had enough. You may be one of the more sensible whiner posters around here, but you're way off the mark on this topic. All of you "He was just defending his teammate!!!" nonsense needs to stop. He was being a bitch. For at least 2 weeks after the loss, Kaepernick was a bitch. If he was only defending his teammate, then all he had to say was "Crab is my teammate, and i would trust him to make that play every day of the week, this time Sherman made a better play, that's all", something along those lines. Instead, he whined like a bitch and tried to minimize Sherman and the seahawks. That's no longer defending your teammate, that's just being a bitch. Going on national TV and acting like a douchey, petulant 15 year old is some bitch shit, and that's what your team is. A Team of mostly bitches. Kaep, Crabtree, Harbaugh, Boldin, Davis, the list goes on. All bitches. You need to own it.

Back in the mid-2000s, the Seahawks were considered a soft team. Most of us owned it. We knew it, no denying that the Seahawks were soft back then. You need to do the same here. Own the fact that you support a team full of bitches. Are they talented bitches? Absolutely, few here dispute that, but they're still bitches. Stop defending bitches.

Stop defending bitches.

BS on an epic scale.

Kap is a b*tch about it yet I see nothing in regards to Sherman denigrating Crab after the game? Kap is a b*tch because he took shots at Sherman in response to those ludicrous comments? Seriously?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Please.

I've already said I wished he had said nothing, but as I've stated about 20 times, I'm not gonna fault him for sticking up for his teammate...even if he did it poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.