Kaepernick struggling with accuracy in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
Things that could help Kaep with his accuracy.

kisses-urinal-2.jpg

Tumblr n2dw0nrEz11rmsjpco1 500

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":37dfp23r said:
bigtrain21":37dfp23r said:
Marvin49":37dfp23r said:
bigtrain21":37dfp23r said:
Marvin, do you honestly think a better throw would have resulted in a reception? No matter where he threw that ball it was getting deflected or intercepted. Sherman was in perfect position.

Note: I am not saying this makes Kaepernick a terrible qb, I am just tired of the narrative that a better throw wins the game for the 49ers. The problem with that narrative, Crabtree wasn't open on the play.

Debatable...but that ain't the point. The point is that the statement was ablout defending Crabtree, not making an excuse for losing. He was taking the blame for not throwing a good enough pass. The point is that If Kap does his job and B=Crabtree makes the catch then Sherman "mediocre" comments seems pretty ludicrous.

But Crabtree's job is to get open and he wasn't open on the play at all. Sherman perfectly covered that.

I have no problem with him taking the blame and that is honorable, however, he was wrong in acting like Crabtree was open and he was wrong in stating a better throw would have made Sherman the goat. Sherman did his job on the play.

As I said....whether Kap is right or wrong is irrelevant. We are talking about his motivation for making the comment.

Really? It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong with his comment? Are you serious?

I do want to know where you stand on that play though even though I think your comment above is silly.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marv, the more you defend the lies, the more I think you secretly dislike your QB.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":2oonttco said:
Your first post, you say Kaepernick got lucky because Earl Thomas didn't make the play. So I am saying Wilson got lucky Carlos Rogers didn't make the play.
As I thought.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":346onqrd said:
Marvin49":346onqrd said:
bigtrain21":346onqrd said:
Marvin49":346onqrd said:
Debatable...but that ain't the point. The point is that the statement was ablout defending Crabtree, not making an excuse for losing. He was taking the blame for not throwing a good enough pass. The point is that If Kap does his job and B=Crabtree makes the catch then Sherman "mediocre" comments seems pretty ludicrous.

But Crabtree's job is to get open and he wasn't open on the play at all. Sherman perfectly covered that.

I have no problem with him taking the blame and that is honorable, however, he was wrong in acting like Crabtree was open and he was wrong in stating a better throw would have made Sherman the goat. Sherman did his job on the play.

As I said....whether Kap is right or wrong is irrelevant. We are talking about his motivation for making the comment.

Really? It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong with his comment? Are you serious?

I do want to know where you stand on that play though even though I think your comment above is silly.

Dude...why is this complicated?

Do I agree that one foot farther would have won the game? Dunno. Probably not. Do I believe that HE believes that? Probably.

What on earth tho does that have to do with the difference between him making an excuse for the lose or merely defending his teammate. Its an issue of WHY he said it, not if what he said was factually correct.

Come on guys...this ain't complicated.

Most of you are looking at it like "Whats he said isn't true!!! He's lying!!! He's making excuses!!! He won't give us the respect we deserve!!!! (again)".

All he's sayin is that Crab didn't make the mistake. He did. If he had done it right, Sherman would be the goat, not the hero. As in...he screwed up. Crabtree didn't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1nv8tknx said:
Marv, the more you defend the lies, the more I think you secretly dislike your QB.

LOL.

I wish sometimes he'd just say nothing. LOL. He's so freakin' socially awkward tho that he constantly gets himself in trouble.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin, it doesn't help that Kaepernick has factually lied about some things, like saying Crabtree went for over 100 yards against Sherman when in fact Crabtree has yet to come within a hundred miles of sniffing a triple-digit day against Sherman.

Just sayin'.

byau

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ch56ymo said:
byau":2ch56ymo said:
Ehh..for me it's just getting back into camp. I personally am scared of Kaep. I think he's got a really high ceiling and if he can get past some maturation issues he's going to be deadly.
No offense, but I disagree. The Kraepper is a one trick pony IMHO. He can win ball games with his legs, but loses them with his very poor decision making, and his one read and run mentality which comes back to bite him when playing good defenses. If he was my QB they guy would drive me to drink!!!

Thank gawd for Wilson!

Good points. Totally agree. And that one read mentality: To me that is immaturity. He is too quick to run. Russell has the maturation to look for the throw first. I know that can frustrate a lot of Seahawks fans when it looks like he has SUCH an open field. But I like that Russell has a habit to look for his first, second, third, and fourth read and more.

Kaep to me seems to be a first read, then run. Maybe first read, second read run. He seems to get caught up on that first read only. A lot.

(and I don't watch enough games of him so if you disagree, so be it ... my comments below will assume the above)

During the NFCCC, his first read then run killed the Hawks in the first half. The Hawks adjusted. But Kaep couldn't get rid of those habits

The fact that he does so well and the 49ers do so well with him being so LIMITED in reading ability is scary.

As soon as he matures into looking minimum first and second read ... maybe even more, and that he doesn't have to run, that will be scary.

A lot of sports talk radio shows are discussing RG3 and how the more athletic quarterbacks tend to rely too much on running too early.

This is why I think Russell is mature and why Kaep isn't. And why I say if Kaep matures, he will be scary.

Second example of immaturity: Kaep has to realize what the right move is. Come on you have to be honest that in the NFCCC he wanted to BEAT Sherman. He wanted to send the 49ers to the Super Bowl on a touchdown to Crabtree that beat Sherman. While it's good to have the mentality that you can beat anyone, it's also good to realize on a first read there was no way he would get Crabtree that pass. And since the Hawks took away the run the second half, he would either have to take the sack (which is still a good move - Russell takes a sack instead of forcing an error .. (see: Malcom Smith/SuperBowl)) or force the ball.

Once Kaep learns this mental side, he will be so much better than he is now, and what is he now? A quarterback who in the last two years took his team to the Super Bowl and came one score away from doing it again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rije6jc said:
Marvin, it doesn't help that Kaepernick has factually lied about some things, like saying Crabtree went for over 100 yards against Sherman when in fact Crabtree has yet to come within a hundred miles of sniffing a triple-digit day against Sherman.

Just sayin'.

...which is why I wish sometimes he'd say nothing. I doubt he was lying. WAY, WAY too easy to check. I think he was mistaken...

...but I do wish he'd just say nothing sometimes. He was sticking up for his teammate tho so can't give him too much grief over it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I know, but just try to realize what that looks like from our perspective. It looks like petulant sour grapes from a man who just can't let go.

Marvin49

Reaction score
byau":1quh77v9 said:
Sports Hernia":1quh77v9 said:
byau":1quh77v9 said:
Ehh..for me it's just getting back into camp. I personally am scared of Kaep. I think he's got a really high ceiling and if he can get past some maturation issues he's going to be deadly.
No offense, but I disagree. The Kraepper is a one trick pony IMHO. He can win ball games with his legs, but loses them with his very poor decision making, and his one read and run mentality which comes back to bite him when playing good defenses. If he was my QB they guy would drive me to drink!!!

Thank gawd for Wilson!

Good points. To me that is maturation. He is too quick to run. Russell has the maturation to look for the throw first. I know that can frustrate a lot of Seahawks fans when it looks like he has SUCH an open field. But I like that Russell has a habit to look for his first, second, third, and fourth read and more.

Kaep to me seems to be a first read, then run. Maybe first read, second read run. He seems to get caught up on that first read only. A lot.

(and I don't watch enough games of him so if you disagree, so be it ... my comments below will assume the above)

During the NFCCC, his first read then run killed the Hawks in the first half. The Hawks adjusted. But Kaep couldn't get rid of those habits

The fact that he does so well and the 49ers do so well with him being so LIMITED in reading ability is scary.

As soon as he matures into looking minimum first and second read ... maybe even more, and that he doesn't have to run, that will be scary.

A lot of sports talk radio shows are discussing RG3 and how the more athletic quarterbacks tend to rely too much on running too early.

This is why I think Russell is mature and why Kaep isn't. And why I say if Kaep matures, he will be scary.

Second example of immaturity: Kaep has to realize what the right move is. Come on you have to be honest that in the NFCCC he wanted to BEAT Sherman. He wanted to send the 49ers to the Super Bowl on a touchdown to Crabtree that beat Sherman. While it's good to have the mentality that you can beat anyone, it's also good to realize on a first read there was no way he would get Crabtree that pass. And since the Hawks took away the run the second half, he would either have to take the sack (which is still a good move - Russell takes a sack instead of forcing an error .. (see: Malcom Smith/SuperBowl)) or force the ball.

Once Kaep learns this mental side, he will be so much better than he is now, and what is he now? A quarterback who in the last two years took his team to the Super Bowl and came one score away from doing it again.

Big fat BS.

He had Sherman one on one. No safety help. Its that simple. That's the call regardless of who the DB is. Now I'll agree with you all day if you wanna argue the call, but Kap went there because he had Crab one on one on a DB. Its that simple. Its a pre-snap read. Its also a double move and the ball is thrown before the receiver would break open. The assumption there is that Crab makes the move and breaks free. Obviously, he didn't.

The Niners lost the Super Bowl the year before. For them it was all about getting back...not trying to play out some vendetta against Richard Sherman.

To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":12psswds said:
I know, but just try to realize what that looks like from our perspective. It looks like petulant sour grapes from a man who just can't let go.

if you choose to take every word he says as a personal affront and think any word said about the game is some sort of disrespect...then yeah, I can see why you guys think that.

byau

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":7bdm2yrg said:
byau":7bdm2yrg said:
Me too.

The awesomeness just has "high ceiling" written all over it.

I know that when I see KaeperSpaz come on the field, I tremble at what he could be if he ever hit his incredibly high and unimaginable ceiling. I'm positive this season, based on the growth between 2012-2013, that KaeperSpaz will be an entirely matured quarterback in 2014.

:shock:

I will disagree on the topic of entirely matured quarterback - I think it will still take him more than one season. It takes time and mentorship to develop the right blend of competitiveness, poise, and humility (see Russell Wilson). And I think it also takes time to develop how to not rely on your run and go through all your reads in only a matter of seconds.

This means he has to learn to play the game in a different way than what he is used to, and the way he is used to playing almost works for him already. So do you lose a few more games this season while Kaep undergoes minor construction of his maturity? Or does he focus on his strengths (athleticsm, one read, getting the ball to where only his receivers can get to it) and hope it is good enough?

If he goes the route of entire maturity as you put it, I give it a season and a half of dedicated development. If he straddles the line this year between maturing and just doing what he does, it will be a few more years after that

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2kk7kvsg said:
Isn't this scary? I am afraid one his tats is going to jump off his superior arm and kick my ass. Even worse, maybe his nose.

Ta8eta7u

Those are some stupid looking tattoos. Imagine what they will look like when he's 60.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Even Denver radio was calling Captain Kegel out on his level of butt-hurt before the Super Bowl was played. Being labeled as a hater and made fun of for implying that he'd given Pey Pey sound advice about how to attack the middle of our secondary (if I remember correctly).

All that I'm saying, Marv... is that the guy should have kept his mouth shut if he didn't actually know what he was talking about. Good intentions or not, he looked like an idiot. I should know, I've said enough stupid things on this board alone, to know what that looks/feels like.

As for it being as simple as having a db one-on-one, how many times did he throw at Sherm in single coverage earlier in the game? I don't know the answer so I am curious but my gut tells me that he probably passed on similar opportunities earlier in the game (and for good reason).

byau

Reaction score
Marvin49":2s7kfj8u said:
byau":2s7kfj8u said:
Sports Hernia":2s7kfj8u said:
byau":2s7kfj8u said:

Thank gawd for Wilson!

Good points. To me that is maturation. He is too quick to run. Russell has the maturation to look for the throw first. I know that can frustrate a lot of Seahawks fans when it looks like he has SUCH an open field. But I like that Russell has a habit to look for his first, second, third, and fourth read and more.

Big fat BS.

He had Sherman one on one. No safety help. Its that simple. That's the call regardless of who the DB is. Now I'll agree with you all day if you wanna argue the call, but Kap went there because he had Crab one on one on a DB. Its that simple. Its a pre-snap read. Its also a double move and the ball is thrown before the receiver would break open. The assumption there is that Crab makes the move and breaks free. Obviously, he didn't.

have you seen that "tip" video someone put together? That was tight tight TIGHT coverage. Even with a push-off, Sherman stayed with him. That was some risky business. And if you look at Kaep, he did not EVEN look anywhere else. He looked at Crabtree the entire way. That to me is a stubborn one-read only play.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":25chdqm4 said:
The Niners lost the Super Bowl the year before. For them it was all about getting back...not trying to play out some vendetta against Richard Sherman.

C'mon, Marv. You really don't put any stock in the idea that those two may have forced things a bit in an effort to make Sherm the guy who lost the big game?

Not such a reach for me personally. Look at his face when Sherm won break-out player of the year at the Espy awards. That's hate. Scurrying to the locker room before time has run off of the clock in another poor outing in SEA proves that he's a poor sport. Why wouldn't he make it personal? Look what he did to Cam Newton.

Face it. He's a bit of a punk kid. May change but for now he's got some sand in his crack.

Marvin49

Reaction score
byau":1ym5kv6p said:
Marvin49":1ym5kv6p said:
byau":1ym5kv6p said:
Sports Hernia":1ym5kv6p said:

Thank gawd for Wilson!

Big fat BS.

have you seen that "tip" video someone put together? That was tight tight TIGHT coverage. Even with a push-off, Sherman stayed with him. That was some risky business. And if you look at Kaep, he did not EVEN look anywhere else. He looked at Crabtree the entire way. That to me is a stubborn one-read only play.

Read what I said again. It was a double move that is thrown with the expectation that he will break open after the double move. You throw it without knowing if he'll break yet. It was the only read on the play. He had one on one on a double move and was going to throw it regardless.

The problem is that Kap had to throw the ball where Crabtree or nobody could get it. That ball can NEVER be picked...and THAT was Kaps mistake. He underthrew the ball. If he throws it out the back of the endzone, no worries...live to play another day.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3uxt00gw said:
Marvin49":3uxt00gw said:

C'mon, Marv. You really don't put any stock in the idea that those two may have forced things a bit in an effort to make Sherm the guy who lost the big game?

Not such a reach for me personally. Look at his face when Sherm won break-out player of the year at the Espy awards. That's hate. Scurrying to the locker room before time has run off of the clock in another poor outing in SEA proves that he's a poor sport. Why wouldn't he make it personal? Look what he did to Cam Newton.

Face it. He's a bit of a punk kid. May change but for now he's got some sand in his crack.

Oh...I'm sure he can't stand Sherman...particularly AFTER that game.

I just don't think he was trying to go after Sherman on the biggest play of the season. It had to do with Seattles trust in him to leave him one on one and then he did what good players do. He made the play.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1i12s62i said:
RolandDeschain":1i12s62i said:

if you choose to take every word he says as a personal affront and think any word said about the game is some sort of disrespect...then yeah, I can see why you guys think that.
No, we just don't appreciate an enemy player lying about one of our own. :) Whatever you want to call it, utterly inaccurate and misleading was stated by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.