Kaepernick visit postponed

Cyrus12

Reaction score
After reading Krappers award speech there is zero chance he plays here. With Davis and Morris signed the door is closed on this

Mindsink

Reaction score
It amazes me how some fans want him here in Seattle after what we went through between 2012-2014.

Even without all the "social justice" BS, this turd is the last face I want to see in a Hawk uniform.

It would be like Patriots fans wanting to bring in Peyton Manning, or Saints fans wanting to bring in Cam Newton.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I would personally love it if they were able to work things out and get him in here to backup Russ.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he definitely fits with what we would want in a backup but not sure its going to happen. I'm not convinced he would even sign as a backup for backup money. Leaving the kneeling aspect out of it my biggest problem with him was wearing cops are pigs socks days after 5 Dallas police officers which included minorities, fathers, husbands etc were picked off by a coward while sitting in their patrol cars. It always seems to get left out in the discussion.

Chapow

Reaction score
We're talking about a back up QB. A guy that unless things go horribly wrong will never play a meaningful down.

I don't really care who our back up QB is, but we obviously can't afford to pay one much more than the league minimum at this point. If Kaepernick is willing to sign for that, then sure, whatever. If not, I'm fine with Austin Davis or who ever else ends up earning the job in camp.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt he'd take the back-up money we'd be willing to pay him so it's really kind of a moot point. I'd still like to have him on the squad though just because I think it would be thoroughly enjoyable to watch the meltdown. And I'm just not a huge fan of being the team that was going to have him in for a visit and then decided against it over some political BS.

Chapow

Reaction score
Another way to look at it is that we were the only team that was at least willing to consider bringing him in.

It sounds like they decided against bringing him in because "The team asked for his plan moving forward on how to handle everything and there was not a firm plan". In other words, he was unprepared to answer questions on the one thing he should have known damn well he was going to be asked about. That's not very smart.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
austinslater25":1sjtdjy8 said:
I think he definitely fits with what we would want in a backup but not sure its going to happen. I'm not convinced he would even sign as a backup for backup money. Leaving the kneeling aspect out of it my biggest problem with him was wearing cops are pigs socks days after 5 Dallas police officers which included minorities, fathers, husbands etc were picked off by a coward while sitting in their patrol cars. It always seems to get left out in the discussion.

This is why I have zero respect for this piece of trash. Not only is he a terrible human being he is also a terrible qb. Watch the 2013 championship game.. .he helped us get to the sb. This was the beginning of the end for the flash in a pan. There is no way he gets signed here and another year out of football is going to make it tough to get back...anywhere.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
And just so we're clear, the police were shot in Dallas on Jul 7, Kaepernick was seen wearing the pig socks over a month later, and it went mostly unnoticed until another month after that. You can disagree with people calling cops pigs all you want and you're well within your rights to do so, but to somehow connect his socks to the shooting is kind of a stretch IMO. It would be one thing if the socks depicted violence against police, but the "cops are pigs" meme has been around for hella. Like 200 years. Seriously. It's not like he was wearing the socks as a direct reaction to the shooting.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I would love to respond to the a/n post but it would likely get this thread locked. To get back on topic.. Krapper is a terrible qb and it looks like this will never happen. If he was actually good he likely would get a job. His play was on the decline since the 2nd half of the championship game. Austin Davis is better imo.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the original topic of this thread had nothing to do with how good he is at playing QB, it was about the Seahawks reportedly cancelling a workout with him due to differences regarding his politics.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2e1h0xrl said:
For what it's worth, the original topic of this thread had nothing to do with how good he is at playing QB, it was about the Seahawks reportedly cancelling a workout with him due to differences regarding his politics.

I thought politics were off limits. Yes his off field stuff is a very big reason why but his talent is another. Combine the both and it's not worth the bother for the media circus and potential fan backlash. As well he is suing the owner. Why does he deserve a job here??

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Cyrus12":mz6tq30p said:
Zebulon Dak":mz6tq30p said:

I thought politics were off limits. Yes his off field stuff is a very big reason why but his talent is another. Combine the both and it's not worth the bother for the media circus and potential fan backlash. As well he is suing the owner. Why does he deserve a job here??
They were whooping the ravens before the lights went out. Same kaep who we couldn’t beat I believe his first two seasons
Please just stop there are guys in the league can’t throw a ten yard out.. see Kellen Moore. This argument is so inaccurate and blatantly misleading. Last I checked the guy had track speed still right. You would take bridgewater , Mccgough , Austin Davis over kap lol
Matt Moore, Dolphins 3. Trevor Siemian/Paxton Lynch, Broncos 4. Colt McCoy, Redskins 5. Deshaun Watson, Texans 6. AJ McCarron, Bengals 7. T.J. Yates/Cardale Jones/Nathan Peterman, Bills 8. Mitchell Trubisky/Mike Glennon, Bears 9. Chad Henne, Jaguars 10. Geno Smith, Giants 11. Drew Stanton, Cardinals 12. Kevin Hogan/Brock Osweiler/DeShone Kizer, Browns 13. Chase Daniel, Saints 14. Derek Anderson, Panthers 15. Nick Foles, Eagles 16. Ryan Mallett, Ravens 17. Case Keenum, Vikings 18. Matt Barkley/CJ Beathard, 49ers 19. Bryce Petty/Christian Hackenberg, Jets – special Jets category 20. Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs, Steelers 21. Trevone Boykin, Seahawks 22. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs 23. Matt Cassel, Titans 24. Kellen Clemens, Chargers 25. Connor Cook/EJ Manuel, Raiders 26. Matt Schaub, Falcons 27. Brett Hundley, Packers 28. Kellen Moore, Cowboys 29. Scott Tolzien, Colts 30. Sean Mannion, Rams 31. Jake Rudock/Brad Kaaya, Lions 32. Ryan Griffin, Buccaneers
Please find one qb here with better numbers or arm talent ?
Chad friggin Henne cmon bro , we see thru this just say your true feelings and keep it moving

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3i6e5cts said:
Zebulon Dak":3i6e5cts said:

This particular sub-forum allows a limited amount of politics but they must be directly related to the Seahawks. The fact that we didn't bring him in due to a reported difference in positions on a hot button issue makes it Seahawks related, thus it's allowed in that limited scope.

Mindsink

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":7f0hv00s said:
They were whooping the ravens before the lights went out. Same kaep who we couldn’t beat I believe his first two seasons
Please just stop there are guys in the league can’t throw a ten yard out.. see Kellen Moore. This argument is so inaccurate and blatantly misleading. Last I checked the guy had track speed still right. You would take bridgewater , Mccgough , Austin Davis over kap lol
Matt Moore, Dolphins 3. Trevor Siemian/Paxton Lynch, Broncos 4. Colt McCoy, Redskins 5. Deshaun Watson, Texans 6. AJ McCarron, Bengals 7. T.J. Yates/Cardale Jones/Nathan Peterman, Bills 8. Mitchell Trubisky/Mike Glennon, Bears 9. Chad Henne, Jaguars 10. Geno Smith, Giants 11. Drew Stanton, Cardinals 12. Kevin Hogan/Brock Osweiler/DeShone Kizer, Browns 13. Chase Daniel, Saints 14. Derek Anderson, Panthers 15. Nick Foles, Eagles 16. Ryan Mallett, Ravens 17. Case Keenum, Vikings 18. Matt Barkley/CJ Beathard, 49ers 19. Bryce Petty/Christian Hackenberg, Jets – special Jets category 20. Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs, Steelers 21. Trevone Boykin, Seahawks 22. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs 23. Matt Cassel, Titans 24. Kellen Clemens, Chargers 25. Connor Cook/EJ Manuel, Raiders 26. Matt Schaub, Falcons 27. Brett Hundley, Packers 28. Kellen Moore, Cowboys 29. Scott Tolzien, Colts 30. Sean Mannion, Rams 31. Jake Rudock/Brad Kaaya, Lions 32. Ryan Griffin, Buccaneers
Chad friggin Henne cmon bro , we see thru this just say your true feelings and keep it moving

Deshaun Watson? That mention alone puts the rest of your list under questionable credibility.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2mjnxhy6 said:
Cyrus12":2mjnxhy6 said:
Zebulon Dak":2mjnxhy6 said:

There are...seven QB's from that list I'd rather have than Kaep.

Including Foles and Trubisky wasn't the best way to show your football knowledge.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1sv45eex said:
hawksincebirth":1sv45eex said:
Cyrus12":1sv45eex said:
Zebulon Dak":1sv45eex said:

There are...seven QB's from that list I'd rather have than Kaep.

Including Foles and Trubisky wasn't the best way to show your football knowledge.

Hell even if it's 10 of those guys the point kind of still stands.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pete seems like a fairly balanced guy politically so I can't see him holding that against Colin. If Pete thought he would make this team better and it made sense financially then he would sign him imo. Maybe Paul or John have different thoughts, tough to know