Seattle to work out Kaepernick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Kicking the tyres with Kaepernick would cause less noise right now than paying three-first-rounders-plus for Deshaun Watson.

Like others have said upthread, no harm in working him out and he wouldn’t have to same wear and tear.

Anything - anything - is better than pretending Drew Lock is a starting quarterback in this league.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Let's pretend he didn't do the anti-cop, pig socks, etc., thing...

He hasn't played since 2016. He sucked then. He was 2-10 and got benched for Blaine Freaking Gabbert because he sucked. If we want to try out QB's who lost their job because they sucked... there are lots of them out there. All it would accomplish to bring him in is get attention for the wrong reasons. That's fine for people who don't care about football and want to focus on his extra curricular activities. I could care less about his social stuff, politics, etc. It's a free country. But I do care about Seahawk football, and this would do nothing for us except bring a spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
cymatica":3dbvlacx said:
Kaepernick is a hypocrite who is using the social justice movement for his own personal gain and most people can see it. Most people don't want political activism on the sports field, they watch sports to get away from that.

Personal gain? You think he's made more money standing up for something he believes in than playing football in the NFL?

Who are you to say that someone is being a fraud and doing something for the money? What proof do you have of this? Sounds like a jumped-up opinion to me presented as a fact.

Nobody cares what you watch sports for. If you don't like political activism, move to another country that doesn't allow it. Maybe Russia is more your cup of Tea - where Putin will just have the Kaepernik's of the world killed so authoritarian-loving folks like yourself that don't have the empathy yourselves to even fathom someone else might believe in a cause can pretend you're "safe" from the evils of "dissenting opinions".

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1bm19d8u said:
Personal gain? You think he's made more money standing up for something he believes in than playing football in the NFL?

Who are you to say that someone is being a fraud and doing something for the money? What proof do you have of this? Sounds like a jumped-up opinion to me presented as a fact.

Nobody cares what you watch sports for. If you don't like political activism, move to another country that doesn't allow it. Maybe Russia is more your cup of Tea - where Putin will just have the Kaepernik's of the world killed so authoritarian-loving folks like yourself that don't have the empathy yourselves to even fathom someone else might believe in a cause can pretend you're "safe" from the evils of "dissenting opinions".

Lol, here we go with the Putin apologist crap. Apparently wanting politics out of sports equates to wanting to ban activists and supporting a dictatorship. You obviously have no argument when you have to resort to that.

Yes Kaepernick is a sellout fake activist. He equated the NFL to the slave trade while teaming up with Nike to lecture Americans about treating people fairly. It's no wonder you have to resort to falsely accusing me of things you have zero clue about when you are so loyal to an obvious fake.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
cymatica":119j0wl3 said:
Hawknballs":119j0wl3 said:

Lol, here we go with the Putin apologist crap. Apparently wanting politics out of sports equates to wanting to ban activists and supporting a dictatorship. You obviously have no argument when you have to resort to that.

Yes Kaepernick is a sellout fake activist. He equated the NFL to the slave trade while teaming up with Nike to lecture Americans about treating people fairly. It's no wonder you have to resort to falsely accusing me of things you have zero clue about when you are so loyal to an obvious fake.

Do you have any evidence to corroborate that he made more money from his 'social issues' than he would have in the NFL? Do you have any proof that his cause is fraudulent and he doesn't actually believe in it?

So far I just see opinions thrown out with zero evidence to support them about a guy who relatively speaking has done much more good than harm with his cause.

Ah but you don't agree with it so he must not believe in it, it must be fake. Yaknow, like the news.

Seymour

Reaction score
Lets bring in Luck and RG Knee also!!! :irishdrinkers:

sprhawk73

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1rm8hz86 said:
I know nobody cares and probably hopes for it, but if he is the starting QB next season, i'm done with this team.

Yep that would pretty much do it for me too. With Bobby gone, character is in short supply these days.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawknballs":15hppsmr said:
cymatica":15hppsmr said:
Hawknballs":15hppsmr said:

Do you have any evidence to corroborate that he made more money from his 'social issues' than he would have in the NFL? Do you have any proof that his cause is fraudulent and he doesn't actually believe in it?

So far I just see opinions thrown out with zero evidence to support them about a guy who relatively speaking has done much more good than harm with his cause.

Ah but you don't agree with it so he must not believe in it, it must be fake. Yaknow, like the news.

What he would have made in the NFL is speculation, he was not playing well towards the end and very well may have been just a backup or on the couch. He did team up with a company known for exploiting cheap labor in 3rd world countries and compared the NFL to the slave trade out of spite. A sincere person wouldn't be lecturing people about slavery and unfair treatment of minorities while raking in millions from Nike.

Do you have any evidence I support authoritarianism and want to ban activists or do you just enjoy making baseless accusations and demonizing those who you disagree with?

Smellyman

Reaction score
sprhawk73":1m3uj47n said:
pittpnthrs":1m3uj47n said:
I know nobody cares and probably hopes for it, but if he is the starting QB next season, i'm done with this team.

Yep that would pretty much do it for me too. With Bobby gone, character is in short supply these days.

ahhh. We'd miss you two terribly

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is 34 and has not played football since the Obama administration. So that's a football no.

As for trolling and message board meltdown? Yes, 1000 times yes.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
cymatica":weq4nbyq said:
Hawknballs":weq4nbyq said:
cymatica":weq4nbyq said:
Hawknballs":weq4nbyq said:

What he would have made in the NFL is speculation, he was not playing well towards the end and very well may have been just a backup or on the couch. He did team up with a company known for exploiting cheap labor in 3rd world countries and compared the NFL to the slave trade out of spite. A sincere person wouldn't be lecturing people about slavery and unfair treatment of minorities while raking in millions from Nike.

Do you have any evidence I support authoritarianism and want to ban activists or do you just enjoy making baseless accusations and demonizing those who you disagree with?

Staff edit: political commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.