Seattle to work out Kaepernick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
It doesn't really make sense to me. He hasn't played competitively in years and he was bad at the end w/SF.

If the goal is to go with a cheap, bad QB, they already guys in Lock and Eason......

LTH

Reaction score
JTB":3hym8xu2 said:
It doesn't really make sense to me. He hasn't played competitively in years and he was bad at the end w/SF.

If the goal is to go with a cheap, bad QB, they already guys in Lock and Eason......

So what... what is it costing to take a look? It might turn out to be a good thing...

LTH

hoxrox

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1503095360654241793[/tweet]

Interesting. If he has buy-in from Lockett, and can still be a dual threat to run the ball at 34 years old... might be a fun stop gap.

But as a pure pocket passer? Dunno about that.

Rat

Reaction score
Whatever, I'm sympathetic to his cause and hope he can turn back the clock a bit, but I'm not convinced he really even wants to play. He could have had at least a backup job the past several years if he had been willing to take one.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a play for PR and media attention.

We lost Wilson. We are no longer relevant.

But now we can still be a team that people talk about (at least for a while, we did this before, talked about working him out - maybe even brought him in (I forget) and then never signed him.

Honestly, I would have signed him back then just to beat GB. GB really struggled to beat him.

But whatever. this is just us trying to stay talked about when we lost most of the stuff that makes us any good.

toffee

Reaction score
hoxrox":1sng80th said:

Interesting. If he has buy-in from Lockett, and can still be a dual threat to run the ball at 34 years old... might be a fun stop gap.

He ain't a pocket passer and he won't be one. Should he kick his tires? Yes. Would he make the team, quite unlikely due to age and down time.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I know nobody cares and probably hopes for it, but if he is the starting QB next season, i'm done with this team.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":136xbe03 said:
hoxrox":136xbe03 said:

He ain't a pocket passer and he won't be one. Should he kick his tires? Yes. Would he make the team, quite unlikely due to age and down time.

The issue is going to be if he can leave politics out of the game...It might take him a while to fall back into it but if he fits the system which I'm not sure he does, It could be an interesting prospect until the Hawks can draft a QB... at a minimum give the position some competition...

LTH

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Dear kind moderators, would you please consider restoring the clear points I made in the thread that was moved and redacted? If not, that's cool. People saw it. Cheers!

Torc

Reaction score
toffee":24bzoled said:
hoxrox":24bzoled said:

What on earth makes anyone think that Pete wants a pocket passer? Kaep's skillset (assuming he still has it) is great for what Pete wants to do - read option. After all, that's how he made Russ successful, right?

Yeah, he's 34 but he hasn't been beat up the past 6 years either. That can be a mixed blessing - his body isn't used to being hit anymore either.

I remain unconvinced he really wants to play. He's making millions from Nike and other sources without 350 linemen landing on him.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
It would just be a bizarre move to me. You're not getting close to a SB with Kaepernick and QB's like him. Add in the huge layoff, the inevitable media circus, and it seems far more downside than upside.

Watson makes a ton more sense or you go young with Lock and a draft pick.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Screw it, I have few minutes

- PC/JS know him
- Poetry in motion; accepted back, accepted back to arch nemesis, to the team who's excellent qb that beat him has been kindly excused (I think for getting too big for his britches)
- Ticket sales; Sea V Den @ home.... and maybe the SB
- All those juicy draft picks remain our juicy draft picks
- Waldron made Goff look good for awhile
- Kaep still in good shape it would appear, bet he can still run and wing it
- a bunch of other excellent points that have somehow just been nuked off the site

sutz

Reaction score
Can't hurt to give him a tryout. :229031_shrug:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Okay..I hope we try him out and sign him so we can yet again see how bad he is. If he helps us to a number 1 pick next year let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.