Kam Chancellor will miss Week 1 (Confirmed)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Danish Hawk":38bo9vw9 said:
If he doesn't come back, no way we're trading him this season. Too many years left on his deal - at the earliest we trade him after the season (unless he still has 3 years remaining).
I think there is a chance we do trade him during this season. I'm not predicting it, but I can imagine a set of circumstances where a team that is already needy in the defensive backfield loses a player to injury, and are willing to part with a couple of 1st round picks (or no less than a 1st & 3rd) to acquire Kam.

I know the team is concerned with setting a precedent, and that's the way around the precedent. It's what we did with Joey Galloway (two 1sts), and for much the same reason. It raises the bar far higher than it is reasonable to contemplate or plan on.

Cartire

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3s8qv3h8 said:
onanygivensunday":3s8qv3h8 said:
A friend of a friend that knows somebody on the team told me today...

Kam has been participating in team meetings via Skype and his holdout for a better contract has been a cleverly disguised ruse... and Kam is currently healing from an injury and faking a holdout to avoid being on the PUP list.

I don't buy it... but I thought that I would pass it along.

Probability a player participates in said ruse and forfeits game checks? Zero.

Umm, to be fair, I think almost everyone back when this started said, "Probability Kam misses game checks? Zero."

And here we are today. First one ever since the new CBA. Its pretty far-fetched, but at this point, no once understand the logic behind the holdout regardless of ruse or not.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":59mgczxr said:

Kam has been participating in team meetings via Skype and his holdout for a better contract has been a cleverly disguised ruse... and Kam is currently healing from an injury and faking a holdout to avoid being on the PUP list.

I don't buy this for a second.

BUT if true, this screams collusion, and the Union and the League would be all over this, and trust me you don't want that on you right now after all this Cheatriots stuff.

Plus, if he was hurt, why would he be full practice for mini-camps? That is why I don't believe it.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2mtv51mq said:
Danish Hawk":2mtv51mq said:
If he doesn't come back, no way we're trading him this season. Too many years left on his deal - at the earliest we trade him after the season (unless he still has 3 years remaining).
I think there is a chance we do trade him during this season. I'm not predicting it, but I can imagine a set of circumstances where a team that is already needy in the defensive backfield loses a player to injury, and are willing to part with a couple of 1st round picks (or no less than a 1st & 3rd) to acquire Kam.

I know the team is concerned with setting a precedent, and that's the way around the precedent. It's what we did with Joey Galloway (two 1sts), and for much the same reason. It raises the bar far higher than it is reasonable to contemplate or plan on.

I agree. A first round pick would be required to even get the conversation started and it will take an injury to get there. Carson Palmer was traded mid-season after then starting Raider QB Jason Campbell went down. Raiders gave up a 1st and 2nd to get Palmer.

rcaido

Reaction score
Have any of you guys watch the show Ballers w/ The Rock...My guess, he's getting bad advice from someone similar to this guy in his circle of friends.
london-brown-1024.jpg

Anyway, i dont see the Seahawks blinking at all. Even if we lose every game they will not renegotiate Kam's contract this year.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Cartire":1mz5ytg2 said:
CodeWarrior":1mz5ytg2 said:
onanygivensunday":1mz5ytg2 said:

Umm, to be fair, I think almost everyone back when this started said, "Probability Kam misses game checks? Zero."

And here we are today. First one ever since the new CBA. Its pretty far-fetched, but at this point, no once understand the logic behind the holdout regardless of ruse or not.

Just to clarify, you are suggesting that an injured player would willingly forego game checks because it may or may not give his team some minute advantage?

rjas77

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":22q6ls9u said:
Hasselbeck":22q6ls9u said:
Going to be funny when Dion Bailey turns into a really good player

What if he doesn't though?

D:

He loses regardless. If the Hawks win..it confirms the team will win without him. If the hawks lose it confirms he selfish in that he puts himself above his teammates and the team.

Exittium

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":3nc9u13q said:
onanygivensunday":3nc9u13q said:

BUT if true, this screams collusion, and the Union and the League would be all over this, and trust me you don't want that on you right now after all this Cheatriots stuff.

Plus, if he was hurt, why would he be full practice for mini-camps? That is why I don't believe it.
Not saying i believe it. But full practice in mini camos and OTAs an injury could have occured that none of us are aware of, which make this seem now here near as strange as it has seemed. As well. I agree the league would be all over this. At the same time if its true its brilliant in it saves hawks money and allows player to get healthy. He's still " refusing to report" so its not like its against the cba either.. More like a loophole

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Exittium":2ts7cza9 said:
seahawksfan28":2ts7cza9 said:
onanygivensunday":2ts7cza9 said:

Not saying i believe it. But full practice in mini camos and OTAs an injury could have occured that none of us are aware of, which make this seem now here near as strange as it has seemed. As well. I agree the league would be all over this. At the same time if its true its brilliant in it saves hawks money and allows player to get healthy. He's still " refusing to report" so its not like its against the cba either.. More like a loophole

If people actually see this as a realistic possibility I must be in one of those twilight zone episodes where I'm the same but everyone else is different.

It's nuts, quite simply.

Cartire

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2ucxqhhj said:
Cartire":2ucxqhhj said:
CodeWarrior":2ucxqhhj said:
onanygivensunday":2ucxqhhj said:

Just to clarify, you are suggesting that an injured player would willingly forego game checks because it may or may not give his team some minute advantage?

No. Not for a second.

Exittium

Reaction score
Once again im not saying i agree that this is whats happening but.. At this point who knows lol only Kam, his agent and the Hawks know. I still believe its about money. Not some random ninja injury. I thought it was maybe an injury at 1st but now the regular season is upon us as well as The Hawks already giving offers more so than they should have. Its money.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I think people want to imagine that Kam is injured, because it's too hard to swallow the fact that he is sitting at home in Virginia 100% healthy, while his teammates prepare to go to battle in this first game.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this can end well. What's the endgame here?

Kam gets traded for a higher salary, right? That's really the way out of this, and the team isn't budging so far.

I don't see parades and roses on Occidental in any scenario.

Alvin Keels is really the man we should all be mad at.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":98birz0h said:

Hard to believe he'd willingly have his name dragged through the mud just to avoid a PUP list. I don't see the benefit for him. And why would Seattle want to do it? To save a roster spot for a few weeks? Doesn't make sense to me.

Plus, there's the fact that they burned a Fifth Rounder on a third string Strong Safety to account for his absence. Seems crazy to do that at the last minute if this was all ruse that they planned from the beginning.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1y2l95x5 said:
Danish Hawk":1y2l95x5 said:

John Clayton was on the radio yesterday stating that the most the Hawks could get for Kam is a 4th round pick because the team that traded him would also have to work out a new contract with Kam. I strongly disagree with Clayton - if the Patriots can get a 1st round pick from the Hawks for Dion Branch when he was holding out, then the Hawks can find a team to give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for Kam.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":20q2vxyh said:

You do know he participated in OTA's right? And went to Hawaii with his teammates to train right? And told everyone he could how amazing he felt since this was the first offseason he hadn't had any surgery?

No. Just no.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1dy6ngom said:

That would make Kam practically a saint on the level of Mother Theresa, forgoing $200,000 a week and his reputation amongst the fans to help the team in a small way. Kam seems like a great guy, but not a saint.

kearly

Reaction score
Pretty much ever comment by DavidSeven in here has been money.

If Kam ends up missing most or all of this season, what a sad thing that would be. He simply fails to realize how this situation works from a pragmatic perspective. Here are the two choices he's giving the FO:

1.) Cave into his demands OR trade him, which would open a Pandora's Box with several other high paid Seahawks players under contract. Maybe the Seahawks could keep Kam, but in the long run they would lose far more than they gain.

2.) Suffer through his absence while still probably winning 11-12 games. Then drafting / trading for his long term replacement next offseason.

Between those two choices, it's clearly obvious that option #2 is vastly preferable. What Kam fails to understand is that the FO caving to him is 100% unrealistic. He's costing himself money and hurting the team over a goal that is IMPOSSIBLE.

And I say this as someone who has liked Kam more than Earl going back as far as 2011, but Kam is not nearly as tough to replace as Earl is. And I know it was preseason, but our defense looked nasty as hell this preseason with the secondary being almost completely made up of backups. Not only is Kam unaware of how impossible a cave-in would be, I think he is also over-estimating his impact on the current defense.

kearly

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2hkl082h said:
John Clayton was on the radio yesterday stating that the most the Hawks could get for Kam is a 4th round pick because the team that traded him would also have to work out a new contract with Kam.

I don't want the Seahawks to trade Kam, but I think Clayton is off the mark here. First off, we've seen plenty of big trades that involved contracts being re-worked. You needn't look any further than Seattle sending a ransom to Minnesota for Percy Harvin and that required reworking his deal. I could list many more examples, there are no shortage of blockbuster deals that are not at all impeded by also needing a new contract.

Secondly, it's been reported that many teams have contacted Seattle about dealing for Kam, and they would of course do this with knowledge that a new deal would be necessary in a trade scenario. Kam isn't just some safety, he's an all-pro in his prime years. You're probably looking at a 1st or 2nd round pick in a deal.

That said, I wouldn't endorse a trade unless Seattle was blown away with an offer. If some team offered a 1st and a 3rd or something like that, then Seattle could argue that they didn't cave to Chancellor, but that they were given an offer they couldn't turn down.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kearly":2p3vkecm said:
CalgaryHawk":2p3vkecm said:
John Clayton was on the radio yesterday stating that the most the Hawks could get for Kam is a 4th round pick because the team that traded him would also have to work out a new contract with Kam.

I don't want the Seahawks to trade Kam, but I think Clayton is off the mark here. First off, we've seen plenty of big trades that involved contracts being re-worked. You needn't look any further than Seattle sending a ransom to Minnesota for Percy Harvin and that required reworking his deal. I could list many more examples, there are no shortage of blockbuster deals that are not at all impeded by also needing a new contract.

Secondly, it's been reported that many teams have contacted Seattle about dealing for Kam, and they would of course do this with knowledge that a new deal would be necessary in a trade scenario. Kam isn't just some safety, he's an all-pro in his prime years. You're probably looking at a 1st or 2nd round pick in a deal.

Did you see the look in Pete's eye last Monday when he was asked about a trade for Kam? Hell would freeze over first! :roll:

Latest posts