Kap has a dirty mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":2p3u6qtp said:
The glaring question that does not go away is ....... why would Kaepernick attempt a "I didn't say anything" defense when it's clear he said something in the presence of so many?

For the same reason that Houston did. Neither of them think Kap said anything derogatory (i.e. they disagree with Wooten, and with the NFL having accepted his proposal).

As for why they both did what they did rather than just saying "no comment," I'd guess that they were targeting their comments a little bit so that some listeners would know what they were saying while it would go over the head's of other listeners. Kap smirking and saying "I didn't say anything derogatory" is a classic case of that, which he made even more clear in his response to the follow up question about the league further penalizing him if he spoke directly on it. FWIW it's not like this is some new-fangled rhetorical strategy for stuff on topics like this; it's MUCH older than any of us. (The Sherman's of the world have ALWAYS been the outliers.)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":25iz25ps said:
Sgt. Largent":25iz25ps said:
lvnginhwktwn":25iz25ps said:
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit either. As I said earlier, the rule should apply to all players. Now sit there on your high horse and tell me that Kap's infraction was the only time refs have heard the "N" word this or any other game.

1. You said "I'm sorry, can you show me where to find the link talking about Kap being mic'd up." Thus reading comprehension fail.

2. The rule IS for all the players, and coaches, assistants, equipment managers, front office people, etc.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-field/

3. It's a new rule for 2014, so no it's not the ONLY time the refs have heard it, but considering it was week #1 when Kaep dropped the N-bomb, it was the first time they heard it this year..........you know, the year the new rules took effect.

Grab at straws much? BTW correct me if I'm wrong but the incident was week 2 Chicago game. And I am willing to bet the word has been heard at least once in every game.

There has been 103 games this year including pre-season and only one penalty has been issued for use of that word.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":11jur1ho said:
It's absolutely necessary and on point. You are holding two diametrically opposed views in your head at the same time --- that Kaepernick said multiple times that he didn't say anything, including anything offensive like the N-word, but he did in fact say the N-word. So how is that not lying? This is a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

It's not even remotely a case of cognitive dissonance. Two things:

1) I think we'd be better off having a level-headed conversation about Lamarr Houston than Kaepernick, because then you don't have to type in all caps that I'm just a stupid homer and then I don't have to suspect that this is just more trolling and ranting about how I'm a stupid homer if I ever have the temerity to feel differently than someone about something.

2) I think we'd be better off having this this convo in the shack, which is the appropriate forum for us to both clearly express what we're saying. TBF there's some nuance to my take on this, which doesn't work very well while respecting the purposes of this particular forum. :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
--Error on my part. Apologies to bigtrain--

(see the original comment in the quote below).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25xfi4ie said:
Popeye, you've chosen the wrong battle to fight, lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As if there's such thing as a winning battle for me to fight here?

Come on Roland, after awhile a young feller might get tired of the constant jabbing and just opt to walk into the haymarkers. :p

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ki7kflg said:
bigtrain21":1ki7kflg said:
There has been 103 games this year including pre-season and only one penalty has been issued for use of that word.

Link? That's simply untrue. Lamarr Houston got popped for it this weekend.

Don't remember who else (if anyone) has been called for it, but that it has only been penalized once just ain't true.

Houston got a penalty for being disrespectful to an official. Totally different.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":28eldsno said:
Sgt. Largent":28eldsno said:
lvnginhwktwn":28eldsno said:
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit either. As I said earlier, the rule should apply to all players. Now sit there on your high horse and tell me that Kap's infraction was the only time refs have heard the "N" word this or any other game.

1. You said "I'm sorry, can you show me where to find the link talking about Kap being mic'd up." Thus reading comprehension fail.

2. The rule IS for all the players, and coaches, assistants, equipment managers, front office people, etc.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-field/

3. It's a new rule for 2014, so no it's not the ONLY time the refs have heard it, but considering it was week #1 when Kaep dropped the N-bomb, it was the first time they heard it this year..........you know, the year the new rules took effect.

Grab at straws much? BTW correct me if I'm wrong but the incident was week 2 Chicago game. And I am willing to bet the word has been heard at least once in every game.

How is stating the facts grabbing at straws.

You're the one all over the road trying to explain away your QB being stupid and dropping an N-bomb.

Why not just say Kaepernick was dumb and move on? Why continue to be insulted that the league is actually trying to curb some of this language? Dude on the Jets got penalized for yelling at an official last night.........so sorry, this is not an isolated instance cause.................???

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3jxioril said:
Popeyejones":3jxioril said:
bigtrain21":3jxioril said:

Link? That's simply untrue. Lamarr Houston got popped for it this weekend.

Don't remember who else (if anyone) has been called for it, but that it has only been penalized once just ain't true.

Houston got a penalty for being disrespectful to an official. Totally different.

Right you are. I'll delete out my comment. Apologies.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30gr6z5v said:
hawknation2014":30gr6z5v said:
It's absolutely necessary and on point. You are holding two diametrically opposed views in your head at the same time --- that Kaepernick said multiple times that he didn't say anything, including anything offensive like the N-word, but he did in fact say the N-word. So how is that not lying? This is a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

It's not even remotely a case of cognitive dissonance. Two things:

1) I think we'd be better off having a level-headed conversation about Lamarr Houston than Kaepernick, because then you don't have to type in all caps that I'm just a stupid homer and then I don't have to suspect that this is just more trolling and ranting about how I'm a stupid homer if I ever have the temerity to feel differently than someone about something.

2) I think we'd be better off having this this convo in the shack, which is the appropriate forum for us to both clearly express what we're saying. TBF there's some nuance to my take on this, which doesn't work very well while respecting the purposes of this particular forum. :th2thumbs:

You are losing the argument miserably, so you think you can end the debate now?

“I didn’t say anything,” Kaepernick said, via Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News, when asked what caused the flag.

Asked again if he used a slur, Kaepernick said “No.” Asked if he was shocked referee Carl Cheffers announced a penalty for inappropriate language, Kaepernick replied: “Yes.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -language/

"I've said that in the past and I'll say it again," Kaepernick said of his steadfast assertion that he didn't say anything to Chicago's Lamarr Houston or anyone else.

"I didn't say anything racially derogatory to him"

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_265 ... lur-report

"The player that I supposedly said something to has been quoted as saying I didn't say anything, and I don't know him so there's not a reason for him to stick up for me."
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video? ... d=10595975

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1ccnxukz said:

How is me suggesting that to be respectful of the moderators we continue the conversation in the shack me trying to end the debate?

For better or for worse we're in a forum where it's totally fine for you and others to repeatedly attack me, but it's not okay for me to take your comments seriously and try to respectfully respond to them. I can do that in the shack though, which is why I made the suggestion. I'm not doing it myself because for obvious reasons I have considerable doubts that for many this is REALLY about much more than ranting and trolling.

So, if you're serious, make a thread in the shack spelling out your points and I'll respond to it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3eog005j said:
hawknation2014":3eog005j said:

How is me suggesting that to be respectful of the moderators we continue the conversation in the shack me trying to end the debate?

For better or for worse we're in a forum where it's totally fine for you and others to repeatedly attack me, but it's not okay for me to take your comments seriously and try to respectfully respond to them. I can do that in the shack though, which is why I made the suggestion.

You are not being attacked, your cognitive dissonance is being unravelled for all to see.

So tell me again how this isn't a lie by Kaepernick.

"I didn't say anything racially derogatory to him."

Asked again if he used a slur, Kaepernick said “No.” Asked if he was shocked referee Carl Cheffers announced a penalty for inappropriate language, Kaepernick replied: “Yes.”

Kaepernick put that referee's credibility on the line. That's his livelihood. I'm glad Houston came out and admitted that Kaepernick said it, and he was probably under pressure from the league to do so.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1w9dflnk said:
Why not just say Kaepernick was dumb and move on? Why continue to be insulted that the league is actually trying to curb some of this language?

I think you're diminishing the fact that there's a legitimate debate here by leaning on the stupid-9ers-homers thing.

Heck, I was condemning the league for this rule back on p. 2 back when we were all video sleuths and didn't even think Kap used that word.

Likewise, there was tons of condemnation for the league around the proposal this summer. There was a great long post by Greg Howard (a really good writer) on Deadspin about it this summer which called proposed rule "hilariously wrongheaded."

To be clear, I couldn't care less if it was Kap who got popped for it or anybody else. That penalty has no bearing whatsoever on the 9ers problems so far this season. My stance has been exactly the same on this thing since before it was even a rule and was just a proposal.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LOL at Popeye trying to put spin on Kaepernick's so eloquent "I didn't say anything." After his coach backs up that Kaepernick told him he didn't say anyhting, and Harbaugh trusts him. And now Popeye is trying to turn it into Kaep meaning he didn't say anything he sees as offensive.

Before there was confirmation of what he said, Niner fans condemned all who would guess at what he said. Now when they are right, it is an issue of social context. I guess you Niner fans have to do whatever you have to do so you can keep liking the guy.

Kaep was pissed. He just threw a pick and was hot under the collar. His words were said in anger, nothing else. No political context, no social context, and definitely not the nothing he claims he said, and most definitely not the nothing his coach reported him saying. He lost his shit, said some angry shit, and got overheard.

The NFL regulating it is a separate issue. I personally think that as long as the NFL is promoting Hard Knocks they have no ground to stand on with offensive language. Doesn't change the fact that Kaepernick lied to his coach and everyone else.

The Santa Clara organization is starting to feel like a game of jenga.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29lvmp6y said:
--Error on my part. Apologies to bigtrain--

(see the original comment in the quote below).
Wrong! Houston got flagged for verbal abuse towards an official, NOT using the N-word, 2 entirely different things!
Nice try in your quest to defend anything and everything niner.

Just admit that Kraepperchoke lied his ass off, and move on.

BTW, I thought you were leaving?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2442ef4w said:

I have addressed this and explained my position on it repeatedly in this thread.

Heck, I even hypothesized that this might be what's going on and explained my interpetation of that comment before we even knew what the comment was.

This is a waste of time. I've repeatedly made the offer to talk about it in the appropriate forum and you've repeatedly ignored it. I'm over it. We'll just agree to disagree.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Popeyejones":18x6x43k said:
hawknation2014":18x6x43k said:

I have addressed this and explained my position on it repeatedly in this thread.

Heck, I even hypothesized that this might be what's going on and explained my interpetation of that comment before we even knew what the comment was.

This is a waste of time. I've repeatedly made the offer to talk about it in the appropriate forum and you've repeatedly ignored it. I'm over it. We'll just agree to disagree.

Clearly, you are incapable of admitting you were wrong and are now resorting to stalling tactics.

Kaepernick did lie. He falsely challenged the credibility of a referee. And he has still not apologized or taken responsibility for his actions. Birds of a feather I guess.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":phg19ssd said:
LOL at Popeye trying to put spin on Kaepernick's so eloquent "I didn't say anything." After his coach backs up that Kaepernick told him he didn't say anyhting, and Harbaugh trusts him. And now Popeye is trying to turn it into Kaep meaning he didn't say anything he sees as offensive.

Before there was confirmation of what he said, Niner fans condemned all who would guess at what he said. Now when they are right, it is an issue of social context. I guess you Niner fans have to do whatever you have to do so you can keep liking the guy.

Kaep was pissed. He just threw a pick and was hot under the collar. His words were said in anger, nothing else. No political context, no social context, and definitely not the nothing he claims he said, and most definitely not the nothing his coach reported him saying. He lost his shit, said some angry shit, and got overheard.

The NFL regulating it is a separate issue. I personally think that as long as the NFL is promoting Hard Knocks they have no ground to stand on with offensive language. Doesn't change the fact that Kaepernick lied to his coach and everyone else.

The Santa Clara organization is starting to feel like a game of jenga.

Again, might me having correctly hypothesized what may have happened and my thoughts on it BEFORE we even knew what was said be reasonable evidence that I'm not just spinning?

I get it, you're in a great place as you can freely make long posts about how I suck and how the the 9ers are all awful and rotten to the core and I'm going to get reprimanded for clarifying the same thing that I said before we even knew what was going on, but it's still pretty garbage, IMO.

Long rants about how I suck and the 9ers suck don't get us anywhere. It's just more of the same.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3kss9mix said:
Sgt. Largent":3kss9mix said:
Why not just say Kaepernick was dumb and move on? Why continue to be insulted that the league is actually trying to curb some of this language?

I think you're diminishing the fact that there's a legitimate debate here by leaning on the stupid-9ers-homers thing.

But it's not a debate, it's the right thing to do. You cannot make a rational argument for allowing players to use N-bombs or homophobic slurs.

This is a slam dunk for the league, all upside, no downside. That's why everyone's calling you guys homers, because there's no logical reason for this crap to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts