Kareem Hunt =....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
James in PA":364tx93l said:
Aaand the NFL moves that much closer to another Stealers or Patriots Super Bowl appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was gonna happen anyway...Chiefs defense is suspect and Andy Reid cant win in the playoffs

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Osprey":1jg23cmf said:
And for those that say 'but it's a woman' , sorry but that argument went out the window when we transitioned to a gender blind, egalitarian culture. Not saying that I agree with it, but it is the rule we now work under. Adding significance to her gender is a straight up double standard. Hunt's entire generation has been raised that there's no difference between the sexes so don't be surprised when he treats one the same way he would a man he was pissed at.

This is inaccurate and not how things work at all. With exceptions, women are physically weaker and less physically powerful than men; this is why we have women's sports and men's sports. And this is not one of those exceptions; Hunt is a 200 lb elite male athlete who is much stronger and able to deliver more power in a fight than just about any man at his weight range.

These sorts of things matter in the criminal area. If it was a child, elderly person, or disabled person it's not "egalitarian" and it matters. It matters in charging and sentencing in crimes.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3bf1so6h said:
James in PA":3bf1so6h said:
Aaand the NFL moves that much closer to another Stealers or Patriots Super Bowl appearance.

Was gonna happen anyway...Chiefs defense is suspect and Andy Reid cant win in the playoffs

Yes, but it would have been nice for the Patriots to have to go to Arrowhead and lose.

Osprey

Reaction score
My point is that this was a scrum, not a beat down, and NOT domestic violence just because it was a woman. 3rd or 4th degree Assault at best.

Is it embarrassing, violent, and inappropriate? Absolutely, but cutting him is an overreaction that wouldn't have occurred if it had been a Joe and not a Jane.

massari

Reaction score
So they cut Hunt after this but draft Tyreek Hill after choking and punching his pregnant GF in the face and stomach?

It's a good thing there were guys there to hold Hunt back. Imagine what he would've done behind closed doors.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Did you see one of his buddies grab the phone out of that woman's hand? She was filming, and he was like nope!

When you're snatching phones out of people's hands when they are filming the situation, c'mon you know what you're participating in is messed up.

All I know if I was making millions and millions with future contracts on the line, I'd be holed up in my house, doors locked, watching Netflix and wearing bubble wrap. Not out parting with shady groupies in hotels. God lord man, think!!!

Vesuve

Reaction score
Osprey":u0bq54vh said:
My point is that this was a scrum, not a beat down, and NOT domestic violence just because it was a woman. 3rd or 4th degree Assault at best.

Is it embarrassing, violent, and inappropriate? Absolutely, but cutting him is an overreaction that wouldn't have occurred if it had been a Joe and not a Jane.

Agreed. It's an overreaction in Hunt's case.

The Chiefs did this (IMO) b/c of increasing media coverage about it.

Also, NFL is protecting and promoting its brand.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
massari":3gtj8805 said:
So they cut Hunt after this but draft Tyreek Hill after choking and punching his pregnant GF in the face and stomach?

It's a good thing there were guys there to hold Hunt back. Imagine what he would've done behind closed doors.

Agreed...looked like he really wanted to pound on her? That shove put both guy and girl down hard. Hes an idiot...got what he deserved. In this day and age he knew the repercussions and went idiotic anyway.

poly1274

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2q2r4wh3 said:
James in PA":2q2r4wh3 said:

Reid never had a QB as Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs.

Vesuve

Reaction score
The KC Chiefs forums must be on busy right now.

I'll check them out.

getnasty

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that the Chiefs weren't aware of this until today. I think it's worse they cut him after it all comes out then to keep him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
What this means is, unless Ware is a pound them into submission RB (no, he isn't, and we know cause he used to be here) the Seahawks have a good shot at victory!

Jville

Reaction score
"At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately."

.................... that's the problem with the lie. It destroys the trust all working relationships are built on. [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994161/article/chiefs-release-kareem-hunt-after-video-surfaces[/urltargetblank]

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
pmedic920":3e4627gg said:

Oh sure, now they cut him! Not good enough Chiefs! They knew of this issue for months and let him play. If the Chiefs really want to show the NFL and their fans that they don’t endorse brutalizing and kicking women, then the Chiefs MUST forfeit their upcoming game with the Seahawks, and accept CJ Procise in a lopsided trade.

poly1274

Reaction score
I don't understand why Domestic violence is bad and that you can lose your job.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
poly1274":1r2425j1 said:

If the employer has a values based HR policy, it’s well within their right. I’m certain the NFLPA supports the decision to terminate his contract with the Chiefs.

I really hope you’re being sarcastic

poly1274

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1i1grptf said:
poly1274":1i1grptf said:

If the employer has a values based HR policy, it’s well within their right. I’m certain the NFLPA supports the decision to terminate his contract with the Chiefs.

I really hope you’re being sarcastic

While actors and musicians can still have a job?