Kareem Hunt =....

knownone

Reaction score
Osprey":16nk18xl said:
My point is that this was a scrum, not a beat down, and NOT domestic violence just because it was a woman. 3rd or 4th degree Assault at best.

Is it embarrassing, violent, and inappropriate? Absolutely, but cutting him is an overreaction that wouldn't have occurred if it had been a Joe and not a Jane.
You realize you're creating a strawman right? You are the first and as far as I can tell the only person who's even mentioned domestic violence in this thread. Even the quoted article does not mention domestic violence. Yeah, this is assault but chances are good if Hunt did this to a man and lied about it he'd have been cut as well. Arguing otherwise is making assumptions on a possibility you can't possibly know and using it as the basis for an argument to express an opinion that is wholly unrelated to the very topic at hand.

Your view on hitting women being ok because you think we live in an 'egalitarian' society and that kids in Hunt's generation grew up genderblind, is just your opinion which is not backed up by any facts or laws. Seriously, you've created a narrative with which to defend your own narrative. That's about as fallacious as you can get.

Edit: as soon as I post this some people started talking about domestic violence, but my point still stands.

knownone

Reaction score
poly1274":29d6nya8 said:
and no im not sarcastic im 100% serious.
You might wanna clean up your post then because there is something about the sentence "I don't understand why domestic violence is bad" that might rub some people the wrong way.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
poly1274":ld7oui2u said:
Sox-n-Hawks":ld7oui2u said:
poly1274":ld7oui2u said:
I don't understand why Domestic violence is bad and that you can lose your job.

If the employer has a values based HR policy, it’s well within their right. I’m certain the NFLPA supports the decision to terminate his contract with the Chiefs.

I really hope you’re being sarcastic

While actors and musicians can still have a job?

Because actors and Musicians aren't typically employed by a company. Think Charlie Sheen, when he went off the rails, he still was able to find work.

Conversely, the NFL Players are part of an "association" part of their contractual clauses likely includes codes of conduct. If a police officer beats his wife... unemployed. Senator? Unemployed. See where I'm going? I'd be glad to explain more if needed.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
getnasty":y3vyt490 said:
I find it hard to believe that the Chiefs weren't aware of this until today. I think it's worse they cut him after it all comes out then to keep him.

They were aware as far as I can tell.

Seems the issue is, it’s became public today.

What’s surprising too me is, it’s taken this long to be “outed”.

TMZ pays good money for that kind of stuff ie “Dirty Laundry”

Natethegreat

Reaction score
This isn't an issue of DV really but I'm not sure why DV is considered worse or separated from violence towards others of any sort.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
poly1274":ncjh6ya9 said:

Really, you don’t understand?

I’m a public servant and can loose my job for violating “public trust”, and “public trust” is a huge umbrella that numerous things fall under.

The NFL has an image that they trying to protect (when it’s convenient) to them.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":pwqoy4hx said:
pmedic920":pwqoy4hx said:

Oh sure, now they cut him! Not good enough Chiefs! They knew of this issue for months and let him play. If the Chiefs really want to show the NFL and their fans that they don’t endorse brutalizing and kicking women, then the Chiefs MUST forfeit their upcoming game with the Seahawks, and accept CJ Procise in a lopsided trade.

The way I understand it, the Chiefs did an investigation and Hunt told his side, the video confirmed that he lied.
I think he was released because the incident was confirmed beyond doubt.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2xv2o5c1 said:
I popped over to a Chiefs forum just to see fan thoughts. They are pretty gross. Is it just that part of the country or is fandom really that awful?

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319175

So many people crying about how "gross" TMZ is and blaming the woman. If such an incident happened here I can't even fathom the majority of .net coming out to take such an absurd stance.

I read many posts on Chiefs Planet also.

A lot a reason there also, however. Many think that's it for this year.

They're not happy with Hunt.

Osprey

Reaction score
knownone":nti9e1zi said:
Osprey":nti9e1zi said:
My point is that this was a scrum, not a beat down, and NOT domestic violence just because it was a woman. 3rd or 4th degree Assault at best.

Is it embarrassing, violent, and inappropriate? Absolutely, but cutting him is an overreaction that wouldn't have occurred if it had been a Joe and not a Jane.
You realize you're creating a strawman right? You are the first and as far as I can tell the only person who's even mentioned domestic violence in this thread. Even the quoted article does not mention domestic violence. Yeah, this is assault but chances are good if Hunt did this to a man and lied about it he'd have been cut as well. Arguing otherwise is making assumptions on a possibility you can't possibly know and using it as the basis for an argument to express an opinion that is wholly unrelated to the very topic at hand.

Your view on hitting women being ok because you think we live in an 'egalitarian' society and that kids in Hunt's generation grew up genderblind, is just your opinion which is not backed up by any facts or laws. Seriously, you've created a narrative with which to defend your own narrative. That's about as fallacious as you can get.

Edit: as soon as I post this some people started talking about domestic violence, but my point still stands.

The reference to DV wasn't just this thread, but many sources (including TMZ) that are comparing it to the Rice situation that prompted the NFL to create a special DV policy. If & when he receives a suspension based on the DV policy he'll have a good case for appeal. Not to say he shouldn't receive punishment under whatever policy would cover a standard conduct detrimental to scenario.

Since it's been insinuated a couple times in thread...No, I don't think assaulting anyone is OK. I was pointing out that it's being hyped (by many of the same types of people who simultaneously demand said gender blindness) because it was violence against a woman. It's a case of we are all equal, but some are more equal than others.

flippyflea

Reaction score
It has been a rough couple of days in KC. Sporting KC lost their playoff game and Hunt gets released.

Chiefs Pro Shop is giving refunds on Hunt's jersey.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
flippyflea":3oeje5uj said:
It has been a rough couple of days in KC. Sporting KC lost their playoff game and Hunt gets released.

Refunds?

Wow, that’s a significant statement for them to be making.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a mass refund on jerseys based on a situation like this.
It’s actually impressive IMHO.

Jville

Reaction score
The refund mechanism is very smart. It funds a healthy disengagement and distancing from a weighty disappointment. The faster everyone moves on ..... the better.

KC has a wealthy history of great players. Among their many community roll models is Will Shields. Will and his wife Senia continue with their positive commitment to the Kansas City community thru their Will to Succeed Foundation linked below.

logo%20box%201a.gif
>>> [urltargetblank]http://willtosucceed.org/who_we_help.htm[/urltargetblank]

As the full force of winter bears down on us, it becomes so very timely to turn our thoughts to the most vulnerable among us. Each and everyone of us have the power to bring joy and comfort to others in each of our communities.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pmedic920":381rmc57 said:
flippyflea":381rmc57 said:

Refunds?

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a mass refund on jerseys based on a situation like this.

Baltimore had trade ins for Rice jerseys, but that was obviously a much more significant transgression.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
bmorepunk":27y3cm9f said:
pmedic920":27y3cm9f said:
flippyflea":27y3cm9f said:

Refunds?

Baltimore had trade ins for Rice jerseys, but that was obviously a much more significant transgression.

Obviously?

I’m not getting into a debate over the level of “transgressions”.

What I think is “obvious” in this situation is, the Chiefs think it’s serious enough to Release a Star player, and offer refunds to folks that spent their hard earned money on his Jersey,It’s “obvious”they want to distance themselves.

The fact is, our opinions (as individuals)don’t really matter here, what matters is the perception of the Masses. This type of behavior is becoming less and less acceptable as months and years pass.
IMHO rightfully so.

I look at this stuff like a win/loss of a football game.
When the fat lady sings, you either won, or lost.
Matters not if it was an ugly win, or you barely lost by 1 point.

Violence on another person is sometimes justifiable sometimes it’s not.
R. Rice/K. Hunt?
Neither of the cases were justified IMHO

acer1240

Reaction score
poly1274":2zuak8ap said:

I've read a lot of stupid shit on these forums over the years but this is a chart topper.

Please tell me that I read it out of context or that I am not getting sarcasm.

Please

rlkats

Reaction score
acer1240":2hq5fm1l said:
poly1274":2hq5fm1l said:

I've read a lot of stupid shit on these forums over the years but this is a chart topper.

Please tell me that I read it out of context or that I am not getting sarcasm.

Please

I read it the same way. If this is this persons true feeling, pathetic.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seeing the Vid and what happened looks like a bunch of kids having too much to drink and a women or young lady more like it started saying something and he got upset and pushed her, then she kept coming back again and again saying stuff and his group of friends tried to break it up, they took more shots then the women did really. the Kick or nudge and not a real kick was something that made it look bad.

But nobody seen the video, League, Police, or teams, until now. No charges filed at the time, even though the women said she wanted charges pressed and that the police could look at hotel Video for proof, she knew she was on camera. That and she had someone else on a phone filming it the whole time if you look.

This was set up. Stupid on Hunt to get baited, these high profile people need to learn that gold diggers are looking to cash in on your success.

I would have liked to heard the audio of when this was going on.