Keeping Bruce

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Remember some player take a bit longer to develop than others. I feel Bruce is one of those guys. He was raw coming here and was asked to change positions. He has done a decent job but has been overshadowed by some of the elite talent we have been so fortunate to get. I expect he has a very good to great year this year.

It is most likely he is gone but it would not surprise me that JS/PC have a plan for him and they may find another way to keep him.

bigcc

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2rgg47bu said:
chris98251":2rgg47bu said:
He doesn't get it, when you shut up and put up the Seahawks take care of you. Time he shut up and put up, why his 5th year option like Carpenter was not optioned.

He hasn't played bad, just not set himself apart from others.
Nice summation. Like you said the guy isn't bad.
In fact he may be elite, just shut up and show us already.

LOL ELITE?

I honestly don't think he's worth more than ~3 per year, if a team pays him the 7 mil he wants I will lmao.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Check out Bruce punching the ball clean out of Russell's nook...

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/6D8oGrG3Cy/[/instagram]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We need to keep the guys who make us different than the other teams.

Irvin gives us a tremendous versatility and allows us to "out-athlete" the other team. He is not an easily replaceable part even if his role on the team is easily replaced. Because he can fill other roles, but his combination of speed, ability and strength are not easily replaced.

It is a bad idea to think players can just be switched out when our system is defined by having better players given more leeway to make their team better than a traditional structured format.

Go back to how easily Browner was replaced. And sure enough, we still got to a SB with Maxwell. But Browner ended up being literally the difference between another SB trophy.

We probably cannot keep Irvin and I am not a tremendous fan of how Irvin (or Bennett) are building their brands through the media - but I cannot ignore the tremendous impact they have on the field.

Not saying Irvin is Browner, but making that mistake again would be unpleasant. The people that got us to the dance are valuable for that very reason.