Kicker Blair Walsh signed (Yes that Blair Walsh)

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Is it time to press the panic button. Didn't do well yesterday and by all accounts i've heard sucked during OTA's.

At the very least I would like some competition in. Surely there is someone from college that is a decent UDFA? Especially as most teams don't draft kickers.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Have a very strong feeling we will have a different kicker starting in Green Bay.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1lqpjcum said:
Salk said this morning "Blair Walsh is a mess. He missed 2 of 4 FGs yesterday". Yeah, not good.

Haven't you heard? If Pete is not worried, we are not suppose to be.....according to some.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like Kicker is one position that's easy to add someone....
But, why wait til he messes up a game for us?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Kicker is a position of consistency. If he is not consistent EVERYDAY, then he should be "booted".

NJlargent

Reaction score
He sucked in Minnesota. I am not sure why anyone is surprised he isn't doing well.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not saying Walsh is even an average NFL kicker or that we shouldn't bring in competition, but why are people bent out of shape after the 1st day of training camp??

If a veteran major league pitcher is a little off with his very 1st bullpen session in spring training are you going to release him right away? If a journeyman NBA player shoots 2 for 10 his 1st innersquad scrimmage are you going to cut him right then?

Let's see how he does the whole preseason first... and on a related note, what the hell does Salk know about anything?

Seymour

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3hf24qy9 said:
I'm not saying Walsh is even an average NFL kicker or that we shouldn't bring in competition, but why are people bent out of shape after the 1st day of training camp??

If a veteran major league pitcher is a little off with his very 1st bullpen session in spring training are you going to release him right away? If a journeyman NBA player shoots 2 for 10 his 1st innersquad scrimmage are you going to cut him right then?

Let's see how he does the whole preseason first... and on a related note, what the hell does Salk know about anything?

My only gripe is questioning why with 10 picks and all the FA's why there was no competition brought in? If you read back in the thread, most agreed they would and should.