Blair Walsh : "I'm still capable of good things"

chris98251

Reaction score
daveman918":2hbx0pc8 said:
Remind me again... what did we save letting Hauch go? 600k?

Yeah kind of like the long snapper situation last season I think.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3o0s4dr9 said:
Jerhawk":3o0s4dr9 said:
ZagHawk":3o0s4dr9 said:
Jerhawk":3o0s4dr9 said:
If he ever makes a game winning kick for our team, it'll make for a great redemption story.

And this team is built on redemption

I was really hoping the Redskins game would have come down to a game winning kick for that very reason. it would have been an easy way to answer moving forward. Similar to Kearse in the NFCCG. He bought himself some more time with that game winning TD catch.

Exactly. Was really hoping Wilson didn't take that last sack, and gotten the team just a little closer to give Walsh a chance.

And I don't understand everyone making fun of the guy. I doubt he reads this forum, but all the stuff on social media mocking him can't be helping his confidence. He's human and makes mistakes, just like all of us.

I'd like to see more positive support for him rather than bashing, but maybe I'm just a snowflake

He gets paid really really well to be on target over 85 percent of the time, the reason he is employed is to not make mistakes. There are a whole lot of Kickers that don't have jobs because they make mistakes.

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 08112017204450-800x451.jpg
    ZomboMeme 08112017204450-800x451.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,683

mikeak

Reaction score
Hauscka had MAJOR issues last year. Looks like he fixed it and yes we can argue if it was on the long snapper or not but he missed a lot of points.

Now salary wise

H: 3 years $8.8M -- $4M guaranteed, $2.6M against the cap this year
W: 1 year $1.1M

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mikeak":2sw4kgzy said:
Hauscka had MAJOR issues last year. Looks like he fixed it and yes we can argue if it was on the long snapper or not but he missed a lot of points.

Now salary wise

H: 3 years $8.8M -- $4M guaranteed, $2.6M against the cap this year
W: 1 year $1.1M

Hauschka was 7th in the league in scoring in 2016

Stephen Haushcka

2016:
33-37 FGs 89.2% (4th highest percentage)
29-35 EPs 82.9%

Blair Walsh

2016:
12-16 FGs 75% (29th highest percentage)
15-19 Eps 78.9%

DrDix

Reaction score
It's pretty simple to me. The Seahawks were up more than a FG with a minute to go, at that point the misses were irrelevant. With the defense we are supposed to have, we should win the game. Oh wait, 4 plays and the Skins scored a TD.

It's a team game. You can't just put blame on one guy. You can say "Maybe the D doesn't need to win the game if Walsh hits one" Okay but equally you can then say "Maybe the D doesn't need to win the game if the Seahawks could score one more TD instead of settling for a FG attempt" or even "The missed FGs wouldn't matter if the D just made a damn stop and didn't give up 3 big plays out of 4 plays on a TD scoring drive"

You can't say Walsh cost us the game. A FG isn't a guarantee. There's a reason you know, you actually kick it. In my mind the defense is at a greater fault. We are supposed to have a great D, with a lot of money invested into it. And an offense missing 3/5ths of its offensive lines starters and 1st and 2nd string TEs scores a TD in 4 plays on the road.

Despite that, it was a total team failure. Walsh didn't commit 15 penalties. Walsh didn't fail to score touchdowns. Walsh missed 3 FG attempts. Walsh didn't give up 4 plays for a game winning drive in no time at all. Sure seems like there were a lot more issues than Walsh.

Lots of you just want a scapegoat and Walsh is the easy target to ignore that he was not the sole problem, just apart of it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DrDix":2r3ivlp0 said:
It's pretty simple to me. The Seahawks were up more than a FG with a minute to go, at that point the misses were irrelevant. With the defense we are supposed to have, we should win the game. Oh wait, 4 plays and the Skins scored a TD.

It's a team game. You can't just put blame on one guy. You can say "Maybe the D doesn't need to win the game if Walsh hits one" Okay but equally you can then say "Maybe the D doesn't need to win the game if the Seahawks could score one more TD instead of settling for a FG attempt" or even "The missed FGs wouldn't matter if the D just made a damn stop and didn't give up 3 big plays out of 4 plays on a TD scoring drive"

You can't say Walsh cost us the game. A FG isn't a guarantee. There's a reason you know, you actually kick it. In my mind the defense is at a greater fault. We are supposed to have a great D, with a lot of money invested into it. And an offense missing 3/5ths of its offensive lines starters and 1st and 2nd string TEs scores a TD in 4 plays on the road.

Despite that, it was a total team failure. Walsh didn't commit 15 penalties. Walsh didn't fail to score touchdowns. Walsh missed 3 FG attempts. Walsh didn't give up 4 plays for a game winning drive in no time at all. Sure seems like there were a lot more issues than Walsh.

Lots of you just want a scapegoat and Walsh is the easy target to ignore that he was not the sole problem, just apart of it.

I wish I could ignore not scoring any offensive points till the 4th quarter.

slateman77

Reaction score
He had better be firing on all cylinders tonight...or we'll have to get Scott Norwood on the horn... :sarcasm_on: :irishdrinkers:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping Blair gets it together, but Bailey is set to return for Dallas soon and the guy holding his spot has been pretty solid ...

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'm generally speaking in defense of players when they "have one of those days", and Walsh most certainly had one of those days this past Sunday, when he failed, not orce but three consecutive times,to perform the task we hired him to perform, and ultimately proved to be the key difference between a win or a loss, in this particular game.

The Kicker is a completely different character in the overall scheme of things on an NFL team and there is simply no margin of error for kickers, if they can't consistently deliver the goods for their team, then we need to find someone who can.

This isn't about anything but business, I wish more than anything that Walsh would figure out what is behind these moments, and be the kicker we hired him to be. Way too many of the Seahawks losses are solely the result of missed field goals and extra points. We need someone who gets it right every time, and when or if they do miss, it is so rare that no one can believe it happened, with Walsh it's been more "oh no not again" moments, than shock that he missed.

With Walsh I find myself on the edge of my seat, hoping out loud that he doesn't pooch it left, right, or short AGAIN, and then, when its for all the marbles and matters the most, Ole El Kerbong, sends another one out in left field. We dumped Steve for missing 3 critical kicks in a season, and because he was up for a new contract and pay raise, Walsh has missed more in one game than Steve and a lot of other kickers do in a season.

I'll also remind everyone that Russell Wilson gave Walsh the same pep talk following this last game, that he gave Steve right before we sent him packing. Just as a side note, I just read somewhere recently, that Steve had only missed one kick all season, so far this year. God I'm getting tired of my wife saying "I told you we should have kept Houschka" every time the Seahawks play it seems.

Those kicking opportunities are simply to hard earned, and too critical to the outcome of our games, to have any tolerance for failure. Being Realistic, we understand that because we are human, there will be failures on rare occasions The literal million dollar question now, is, two fold. With such an incredibly low tolerance for failure in this position, at what point do we decide to pull up anchor and row for shore, meaning more specifically, when do we replace them with someone less likely to fail us.

My next thought and or more so question , is, if the kicker is such a critical piece of the puzzle, why did we let go of a kicker who was more likely to succeed than our present kicker? Over what appeared to be, saving a few bucks.and signing a new contract. It seems to me that a solid kicker is literally worth his weight in gold, and we should be willing to pay top dollar to anyone who can deliver for us consistently.

I understand Steve struggled in 2016 and we all were disappointed with his results, he obviously figured it out with his new team. If not Steve, then whoever the best leg out there that money can buy, needs to be on the next plane to Seattle.Maybe an undrafted working as a cashier at 7-11, he he, we have done a lot worse.We need to fix this situation yesterday.

I'm not trying to broker a deal for the return of Houschka,I am saying that unless Walsh can fix whatever it is that keeps causing to fall apart in his most important moments, we need to recruit someone else that won't, and muy pronto. Perhaps send him to a hypnotherapist, and have them provide him with some hypnotic suggestion therapy, Something, anything, we simply cannot afford to have him play like this anymore. He may have already sealed our fate this year, with his most recent crack up, I hope not.

Go Seahawks !

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We need him to turn it around big time. I have doubts that Pete will replace him, barring another really bad game. I'll be pulling for the guy, because he's our Kicker, like it or not.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
daaaaaaaaaaaamn Walsh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Nope. Sorry. He's gotta go.

This is the pros. You can't cost 2 games out of 16 and keep your job.

Don't know what they expected when they picked him up after blowing the playoff game in Minnesota last year.

Bye, Walsh. And thanks for nothing.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Get this pos off the team. Furthermore, get Carroll off the team. Why would you play for the fg???...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":6inhpwlv said:
Nope. Sorry. He's gotta go.

This is the pros. You can't cost 2 games out of 16 and keep your job.

Don't know what they expected when they picked him up after blowing the playoff game in Minnesota last year.

Bye, Walsh. And thanks for nothing.

Does this apply to terribly inept coaches? Because the coaches have cost us far more than 2 games, including a 2nd title.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Get him TF outta here and the ppl defending him can go kick rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomation

Reaction score
This is on Pete not Walsh he shouldn't have tried to get cute in the first half should have just taken the field goal.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
randomation":1xcvjlbq said:
This is on Pete not Walsh he shouldn't have tried to get cute in the first half should have just taken the field goal.
Did you not see that "air ball" Walsh kicked?

randomation

Reaction score
dopeboy206":n8ppv72z said:
randomation":n8ppv72z said:
Did you not see that "air ball" Walsh kicked?

It should never have come down to that. If he has an undisclosed injury that is hampering his range that would actually explain a few things should have taken the chipshot before half instead of trying to get cute.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
I don't like Walsh at all.. In big times when you need him , he's a chocker. But i also blame Carroll for his poor PC and for keeping Walsh in team !!! He could at least sign or bring someone in training so Walsh can have a competition or something like that , and could have an extra motivation to perform better... but no , we dont need a backup... Changes must happen in that coaching staff and Walsh must go.