Kicker Blair Walsh signed (Yes that Blair Walsh)

nash72

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2g6sl9pd said:
nash72":2g6sl9pd said:
I'm all for this. Especially if the team can sign him for cheap. He'll beat Hauschka out if Hauschka isnt let go.

This conclusion is based off of what? Hauschka hit 89.2% of his field goals this season. Walsh hit 75% out of only 16 attempts and only once gone over 89% in his career.

Leaving Minnesota will alleviate the mental issue he has and he'll return to form. He has a stronger leg too. He'll have a career year if he's signed, because God knows we cant score in the RedZone and he'll get a ton of chances.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jhlg6rt5 said:
Winning the Super Bowl on a last-second field goal by Blair Walsh would be funny as hell. Piss off the Vikings fans something fierce. :lol:

Especially if we beat Minny, at USB stadium, on a last second FG, en route to that LII win.

NINEster

Reaction score
zchurch74":2s6fcq7w said:
What is next, signing Kaepernick to back up Wilson

Kap plays really well when the starter gets a concussion.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
AgentDib":2q9uhc36 said:
This is an obvious Seahawks move so it's funny people are stirred up by it. If we want to keep people they are extended, otherwise we let the UFAs walk in return for compensatory picks and try to sign people who don't count against the compensatory pick formula. This could lead to a 5th round pick next year if Hauschka gets a similar salary to his previous one.

Bringing in a cheap veteran like Walsh to compete in training camp for the job against whatever UDFA kicker we bring in is perfectly reasonable. With thousands of potential kickers out there and 32 NFL jobs you don't overpay for them unless your guy is way better than the replacement options and Hauschka simply wasn't last season.

Exactly it is a Seahawky move. Remember the Matt Flynn signing.....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The fake outrage over this basically non-signing is funny to me. It's going to be a looooooong off season...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm hoping they bring someone in to challenge the long snapper, he was HORRIBLE before he got hurt,

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This means Hauschka is gone folks. There may be a competition here, but he won't be part of it. He's a free agent and this is a crystal clear sign that they aren't going to re-sign him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":yot63txk said:
This means Hauschka is gone folks. There may be a competition here, but he won't be part of it. He's a free agent and this is a crystal clear sign that they aren't going to re-sign him.

I think so too.

Even if Haushka doesn't get the contract he wants elsewhere, I can't see him coming back here to compete for a job. Which is probably for the better, kickers and QB's wear out their welcome pretty fast when not playing well.

Hyak

Reaction score
The first reaction to this wasn't good because we all remember his big miss and subsequent struggles last year that prompted his release. At the same time, kickers are a different breed and can get it, lose it, and get it back. Walsh is only 27, has good range, and could turn it around.

I want to see the terms of the deal but I would suspect its significantly less that what Hauschka made last year while he went through his own struggles which played a big part them losing the #2 seed.

I also expect an additional kicker to be brought in to compete with Walsh.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Wonder what Efren Herrera is up to these days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

classicaaron

Reaction score
I say go with whatever kicker is cheaper which is obviously going to be Walsh at this point. Both of them have been good in the past and have had their struggles as of late. to me they are pretty much equals, so just go with the cheaper option with hopes of being able to sign a better lineman with the savings.

Seymour

Reaction score
xgeoff":3g9uija3 said:
Wonder what Efren Herrera is up to these days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About 5'7" 250 last I heard. But hey, I suppose he could waddle out for a pass on a fake FG if needed. :twisted:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Don't slip a little in Seahawksville, cause they gonna drop you for a cheaper and worse option. :sarcasm_off:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'd still rather have a rectified Haush at a reasonable deal.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He may come back but it won't be for almost 3 million. It will be for roughly the league minimum.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2p82zn1j said:
Winning the Super Bowl on a last-second field goal by Blair Walsh would be funny as hell. Piss off the Vikings fans something fierce. :lol:

Especially if it was next February in their shiny new stadium.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
IrishNW":1ckvuhgo said:
This guys got some of the longest range. If he can get over his mental hurdle than it could be a steal.

Mental hurdle? His career has been in a downward spiral after his first year. This is a cheap safety net if we cant draft a replacement.

Latest posts