Blair Walsh : "I'm still capable of good things"

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well if we are going to this, let me repost this.

seahawkfreak":152t0z0u said:
mikeak":152t0z0u said:
Hauscka had MAJOR issues last year. Looks like he fixed it and yes we can argue if it was on the long snapper or not but he missed a lot of points.

Now salary wise

H: 3 years $8.8M -- $4M guaranteed, $2.6M against the cap this year
W: 1 year $1.1M

Hauschka was 7th in the league in scoring in 2016

Stephen Haushcka

2016:
33-37 FGs 89.2% (4th highest percentage)
29-35 EPs 82.9%

Blair Walsh

2016:
12-16 FGs 75% (29th highest percentage)
15-19 Eps 78.9%

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The commentator said "there is no wind" and you can go outside right now and see that the air is calm if you live in Seattle...What is his excuse? What's any NFL kicker's excuse to come up that short without any deflection? None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dopeboy206

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1tv6k4b4 said:
He's no Steven Hauschka
He's no NFL kicker too. He's a choke artist.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
randomation":3aec6iqf said:
This is on Pete not Walsh he shouldn't have tried to get cute in the first half should have just taken the field goal.

Pete didn't miss four kicks in the last three weeks for two losses.

Pete's on my list too, but Walsh is done. Minnesota knew it. Now we know it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2888vf40 said:
hawkfan68":2888vf40 said:
He's no Steven Hauschka
He's no NFL kicker too. He's a choke artist.

Hauschka should have been re-signed. That's what I meant by he's no Hauschka.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Another missed FG ??? :49ersmall:

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Pete gets what he deserves. Some how "compete" goes out the window with head case Walsh. Walsh kills us in close games and we simply have too many each year.

vtxretro02

Reaction score
Sign someone off their couch... stop payin this dude ... he is horrible

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Nugent is available. Dallas let him go . He'd be cheap and couldn't be anymore disappointing than Walsh

SeaChat

Reaction score
Walsh is damaged goods. Every time he is put in a critical kick scenario he blows it. When it doesn’t mean anything he can’t miss. I think he could probably kick 10 for 10 60 yard field goals when it didn’t matter to us, but make it a do or die situation and he’d hook left a 30 yard field goal 10 for 10.

It’s maddening. Send him to see a good hypnotherapist and see if they can fix whatever it is in his head that keeps causing him to self destruct in these situations. Hell send me the bill, I’m gonna need a shrink myself if he keeps doing this crazy crap. We hired him to do a critical job for our team, if he can’t get it fixed, the best thing he can do for us and that we can do for him, is to let him go and find someone who can get it done consistently when we need it the most. Almost anyone that can kick from college ranks, free agency, undrafted or even high school who won’t fold in the crunch is better than what we have now with Walsh.

I sat at the end of the Monday night game against the Falcons, begging them not to trust Walsh to save us. I would have bet anything he would blow it, he can’t help himself. We would have had a much better chance of pulling off a Hail Mary than trusting in Walsh’s foot. If we are going to keep Walsh, we just need to stop thinking of him as an option when it counts and take our chances with 2 point conversions, or going for it on 4rth downs when we are in field goal range.

Quit pretending we can count on him, even he knows he can’t count on himself. I wish to God he could fix it. I’m serious as a heartattack when I say he needs help with his head. Hypnotherapy is the only thing I can think of that might help him. He needs to believe he can do it. Geez I feel like I’m reading a page out of The Water Boy, “you can do it Blair, you can do it!”.

Go Seahawks!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I think this far into the season there are not to many options to replace him. There was a game on Thanksgiving where the kicker got hurt and the backup missed two short field goals. The next time they were in red zone it was 4th and 13 to-go and they went for it because they did not trust the kicker. LOL. Its not like there are starting field goal kickers just waiting to be signed at this point in the season. We will have to ride Walsh out for rest of season. Lets just hope Pete does nto rely on him to much.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Cairo Santos was available and Bears signed him ! He has better percentages than Walsh. He couldn't be worse. Right now Pete ignores these kicking problems but when Walsh misses a fg in a crucial time (like he did with the Viks against us) Pete should come out and blame himself , even quit. Hope they make a move asap (fire Walsh or sign another Kicker just for competition).

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Two things I love in a kicker, can’t kick at home and can’t kick when game is on the line. Check, check

Boycie

Reaction score
chris98251":pg8piah6 said:
Jerhawk":pg8piah6 said:
ZagHawk":pg8piah6 said:
Jerhawk":pg8piah6 said:
If he ever makes a game winning kick for our team, it'll make for a great redemption story.

And this team is built on redemption

I was really hoping the Redskins game would have come down to a game winning kick for that very reason. it would have been an easy way to answer moving forward. Similar to Kearse in the NFCCG. He bought himself some more time with that game winning TD catch.

Exactly. Was really hoping Wilson didn't take that last sack, and gotten the team just a little closer to give Walsh a chance.

And I don't understand everyone making fun of the guy. I doubt he reads this forum, but all the stuff on social media mocking him can't be helping his confidence. He's human and makes mistakes, just like all of us.

I'd like to see more positive support for him rather than bashing, but maybe I'm just a snowflake

He gets paid really really well to be on target over 85 percent of the time, the reason he is employed is to not make mistakes. There are a whole lot of Kickers that don't have jobs because they make mistakes.

This^ But our coaching staff won't do anything about it. "Always compete"