Kris Richard Next???

THE TABS

Reaction score
chris98251":1okn2l0i said:
Jack Del Rio possibly ? Ex Trojan and has ties to Pete.

LOVE that.

Need a DC that can create some better pressure packages. Del Rio would be an upgrade.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I don't get the sense that Kris Richard is necessarily gone. It seems like it's up to Richard. They feel he will have more success in pursuing future HC opportunities if he is not coaching under the shadow of Carroll.

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":v7eb4lm4 said:
I don't get the sense that Kris Richard is necessarily gone. It seems like it's up to Richard. They feel he will have more success in pursuing future HC opportunities if he is not coaching under the shadow of Carroll.

Perhaps a jump before I push you scenario.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3781vmn9 said:
Steve2222":3781vmn9 said:
People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

Richard definitely deserves his share of the blame and this firing is justified as far as I’m concerned.

So Richards' defense put up a half hearted performance with a defense that was banged up...even though that defense had to defend a DYNAMIC Rams offense several times from the 40 yard line? Didn't Quinn blow a 10-14 point lead in the Super Bowl? Oh wait it's Tom Brady, so we excuse that. Pretty sure we wouldn't have excused Richards in a similar scenario

A shut down corner who REMOVES half the field shouldn't lead to a huge dropoff? Neither should a HOF safety who can go sideline to sideline like Earl last year? Neither should Bennett's bum knee, leading to QBs like Bortles being able to relax in the pocket? Come on. As Colin Cowherd would say, there's being right and getting it right. In the first game of the season when healthy, Richards shut down the Packers offense with Rodgers. We lost because of bad calls and our offense

Are you sure Quinn and Gus didn't blow similar games or give up points when they shouldn't? Recency bias is great but we can take a look back. Richards was arguably our most competent coach this season and faced the MOST adversity compared to many coordinators in the league. An offense that can't run, maintain time of possession, and a defense who's best D-lineman has a bad knee, a star linebacker with a hamstring injury all year long, and a corner that shuts down half the field out. Oh, and Earl missed a couple games.

Ridiculous. He's faced more adversity than any other DC in the Pete era, that's a fact. That doesn't make him faultless, but it makes the criticism of him here seem excessive and insane

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. A D consisting of Frank Clark, Sheldon Richardson, Michael Bennett, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and Earl Thomas shouldn’t have been getting shredded like they did in a lot of games this year. Tennessee, Houston, Atlanta, Jacksonville, the second Rams game, and the second Arizona game we’re all pitiful performances.

Not to mention the third down defense the past two years and how pitiful it’s been. A change is needed.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
original poster":29hhova3 said:
hawknation2018":29hhova3 said:

Could be, but if so, wouldn't they have given Bevell the same opportunity?

As long as Carroll is here, the defense has a chance to be really good (regardless of the DC).

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2n9eo046 said:
original poster":2n9eo046 said:
hawknation2018":2n9eo046 said:

Could be, but if so, wouldn't they have given Bevell the same opportunity?

As long as Carroll is here, the defense has a chance to be really good (regardless of the DC).

Maybe they did and he wasn't on board.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Brett":1y1x4wpf said:
Looks like the Wiki has been updated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Richard

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers."

LOL you might want to re -read that!!

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Patricia's Roller Derby Team.
"

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If Richard isn't fired today he will likely stay.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Paul is a pretty analytical guy and very much a behind the scenes personality. Doesn't do things knee-jerk and/or front and center very often. Very plausible he took a couple weeks to digest the good & the ugly of the team, a few chats w/Pete, and then a push to go in a direction he wants.

Pete would not have had much say at that point. Either start over w/him or start over without him.

That and the Seahawks are but one of many plates PA he's twirling at any given time.

The guy is a business-BEAST.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2isj42hw said:
If Richard isn't fired today he will likely stay.

They might be waiting for all his HC interview opportunities to dry up as a courtesy to him.

Kinda awkward if he gets fired here for him to be in the running for a HC job.

Brett

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ki2ruir said:
Brett":2ki2ruir said:
Looks like the Wiki has been updated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Richard

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers."

LOL you might want to re -read that!!

"On January 10th 2018 Richard was hired to serve as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Patricia's Roller Derby Team.
"

LMAO This was not here when I posted it. Alright who done it ? It's tell the truth Wednesday.

Crizilla

Reaction score
THE TABS":23e3sytk said:
chris98251":23e3sytk said:
Jack Del Rio possibly ? Ex Trojan and has ties to Pete.

LOVE that.

Need a DC that can create some better pressure packages. Del Rio would be an upgrade.

The same guy who gave up 43 points to a team called the Seahawks in Superbowl 48?

No thanks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BamKam":3q4aj2gr said:
Go get Rex Ryan

That would be an incredible hire. He stunk on the offensive side of the ball but was near the top for DC's.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2ya2eg5y said:
Steve2222":2ya2eg5y said:
People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

Richard definitely deserves his share of the blame and this firing is justified as far as I’m concerned.

So Richards' defense put up a half hearted performance with a defense that was banged up...even though that defense had to defend a DYNAMIC Rams offense several times from the 40 yard line? Didn't Quinn blow a 10-14 point lead in the Super Bowl? Oh wait it's Tom Brady, so we excuse that. Pretty sure we wouldn't have excused Richards in a similar scenario

A shut down corner who REMOVES half the field shouldn't lead to a huge dropoff? Neither should a HOF safety who can go sideline to sideline like Earl last year? Neither should Bennett's bum knee, leading to QBs like Bortles being able to relax in the pocket? Come on. As Colin Cowherd would say, there's being right and getting it right. In the first game of the season when healthy, Richards shut down the Packers offense with Rodgers. We lost because of bad calls and our offense

Are you sure Quinn and Gus didn't blow similar games or give up points when they shouldn't? Recency bias is great but we can take a look back. Richards was arguably our most competent coach this season and faced the MOST adversity compared to many coordinators in the league. An offense that can't run, maintain time of possession, and a defense who's best D-lineman has a bad knee, a star linebacker with a hamstring injury all year long, and a corner that shuts down half the field out. Oh, and Earl missed a couple games.

Ridiculous. He's faced more adversity than any other DC in the Pete era, that's a fact. That doesn't make him faultless, but it makes the criticism of him here seem excessive and insane

Quinn blew a 28 point lead just last year :lol: Must suck to blow 2 superbowl leads as a coach both against Brady

hawknation2018

Reaction score

Latest posts