Kris Richard Next???

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Honestly this is the move that would make me most happy of all the coaching moves. Richard has done nothing but underachieve in his time at DC. On the sidelines you can see the players tune him out, our 3rd down defense is atrocious, bad end-of-game management. He was not ready to be a DC. Great position coach, but that's it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Twitter reporters seem to think this is seemingly to be announced soon.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
JSeahawks":35pr32zv said:
If we're stealing Atlanta's coordinators anyway, I wouldnt mind Marquand Manuel. Love the way Atlanta's defense plays.

Seconded...

I don't think Richard is awful but because our offense has been so bad the squeaky wheel has gotten the oil.

I think Dan was able to take Gus' defense and take it to a higher level. Richard has dealt with more injuries but we've gone only backwards. I'd also note in 2014 -- Sherman and Chancellor had injuries requiring off-season surgery, Mebane and Jordan Hill went on IR and we still found a way to get to the Super Bowl.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I think Kris has done well as Our defensive coach and I think the fact that he was able to reassemble a credible defense in spite of all the injuries we experienced with way too many of our key players was impressive to say the least. However if Gus is at all interested in returning to Seattle, and Kris doesn’t catch a HC spot somewhere, to see him remain with the Seahawks and possibly share a spot with Gus, I think we would see a legion of Boom Boom evolve in 2018.

Go Seahawks!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Tom Cable right now

tZOS8.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":l6m135cp said:
If we're stealing Atlanta's coordinators anyway, I wouldnt mind Marquand Manuel. Love the way Atlanta's defense plays.

1. If you're those coordinators, especially Manuel why would you leave that young up and coming defense to come here?

2. If you're Blank, why would you let them leave? Dude's gonna write fat checks to keep those guys.

I think people are forgetting this isn't 2013, we don't have that same energy and national swagger that we used to. So coaches and FA's aren't just going to flock here anymore.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
mistaowen":1rln17ex said:
Excited for a QB coach change too. Get someone young and creative to help Russell grow.

Impartial about KR getting fired, he's certainly not as good as Gus or Dan Quinn. Maybe finding someone fiery like Dan Quinn from college would be a nice change.

Kris is slightly better than Gus, not better than Quinn for sure

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ludakrishna":59r6bhkg said:
I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.
Pretty sure this came from the very top.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I won't be surprised if they elevate Clint Hurtt to DC. Towards the end of the year if you watched the sidelines it seemed to be Hurtt more than Richard that was pulling the defense together and rallying them after scores etc...

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25hx90u2 said:
ludakrishna":25hx90u2 said:
I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.
Pretty sure this came from the very top.

I don't, but hope it did. That means Cable is gone too then. No way Paul lets that one by if he concluded the house cleaning is necessary.

el capitan

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3rplojt4 said:
mistaowen":3rplojt4 said:
Excited for a QB coach change too. Get someone young and creative to help Russell grow.

Impartial about KR getting fired, he's certainly not as good as Gus or Dan Quinn. Maybe finding someone fiery like Dan Quinn from college would be a nice change.

I'd have to respectfully disagree, of the three KR is a distant third

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BamKam":19ngqy8i said:
Go get Rex Ryan

Lol. No way in hell Pete brings in a polarizing coordinator like Ryan who half the defensive players would hate after a year.

Pete's always hired from within, or within his own coaching tree. So I expect that stays the same.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Scorpion05":38m6srj5 said:
mistaowen":38m6srj5 said:

Based on what? Gus inherited a terrible defense and made it better. We led the NFL in scoring his final year and aside from our collapse in Atlanta we were really trending upwards.

Quinn
Gus
Richard

BamKam

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lvizgz1 said:
BamKam":1lvizgz1 said:
Go get Rex Ryan

Lol. No way in hell Pete brings in a polarizing coordinator like Ryan who half the defensive players would hate after a year.

Pete's always hired from within, or within his own coaching tree. So I expect that stays the same.

Good to know you know both Pete and Rex on a personal level and know exactly how players would react with him here.

Rex was a terrific DC. He would not be coming here to coach. Those Raven’s defenses he had were terrific he would be a great hire.