Kris Richard Next???

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah Carl Smith still shows up as a coach as well on .Com, the local mediots are all over wrong the last few days.

chris98251

Reaction score
Both still show up on the .com website where Bevell and Cable do not, Softy pushing viewers and clicks.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
harryjohnson":yz4k9bth said:
BREAKING: Seahawks fire Defensive Coach Kris Richard http://ihe.art/u9b6YD6

9:42 AM - Jan 10, 2018

BREAKING: Seahawks fire Defensive Coach Kris Richard | 1090 The Fan
950 KJR's Dave 'Softy' Mahler reports Seahawks have fired Defensive Coach Kris Richard. QB Coach Carl Smith leaving too.

1090thefan.iheart.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... oordinator

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/951141564788740097[/tweet]

Still nothing new, yet. :2thumbs:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/951223228889903104[/tweet]

No mention of Richard, which seems to indicate what I suspected, that it's his choice on whether to return to the team. Moving on might be wise for his future career ambitions if he ever hopes to become a head coach.

warden

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3qnd3no9 said:
I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.

If Paul Allen demanded this, Pete Carroll would of walked. Pete would not remain if he did not have complete control

CPHawk

Reaction score
pacific101":1txf95ba said:
I think Kris has done well as Our defensive coach and I think the fact that he was able to reassemble a credible defense in spite of all the injuries we experienced with way too many of our key players was impressive to say the least. However if Gus is at all interested in returning to Seattle, and Kris doesn’t catch a HC spot somewhere, to see him remain with the Seahawks and possibly share a spot with Gus, I think we would see a legion of Boom Boom evolve in 2018.

Go Seahawks!

Did we have a bunch of injuries for the Tennessee game, vs an O that scored 10 vs Jacksonville? Our D also couldn't stop Atlanta the last 2 games, yes the kicker missed some kicks this year but he shouldn't have been in that position if the D stepped up.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Steve2222":1gb8ggz0 said:
Scorpion05":1gb8ggz0 said:
Steve2222":1gb8ggz0 said:
People can talk about the injuries all they want, but our defense was still loaded with talent and still got torched by QBs named Blake Bortles and Drew Stanton. Avril, Sherm, and Kam (who by the way I think Macdougald is better than at this point) nowhere near should make the D drop off like that. Just look at the half hearted performance the D put up against LA.

Richard definitely deserves his share of the blame and this firing is justified as far as I’m concerned.

So Richards' defense put up a half hearted performance with a defense that was banged up...even though that defense had to defend a DYNAMIC Rams offense several times from the 40 yard line? Didn't Quinn blow a 10-14 point lead in the Super Bowl? Oh wait it's Tom Brady, so we excuse that. Pretty sure we wouldn't have excused Richards in a similar scenario

A shut down corner who REMOVES half the field shouldn't lead to a huge dropoff? Neither should a HOF safety who can go sideline to sideline like Earl last year? Neither should Bennett's bum knee, leading to QBs like Bortles being able to relax in the pocket? Come on. As Colin Cowherd would say, there's being right and getting it right. In the first game of the season when healthy, Richards shut down the Packers offense with Rodgers. We lost because of bad calls and our offense

Are you sure Quinn and Gus didn't blow similar games or give up points when they shouldn't? Recency bias is great but we can take a look back. Richards was arguably our most competent coach this season and faced the MOST adversity compared to many coordinators in the league. An offense that can't run, maintain time of possession, and a defense who's best D-lineman has a bad knee, a star linebacker with a hamstring injury all year long, and a corner that shuts down half the field out. Oh, and Earl missed a couple games.

Ridiculous. He's faced more adversity than any other DC in the Pete era, that's a fact. That doesn't make him faultless, but it makes the criticism of him here seem excessive and insane

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. A D consisting of Frank Clark, Sheldon Richardson, Michael Bennett, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and Earl Thomas shouldn’t have been getting shredded like they did in a lot of games this year. Tennessee, Houston, Atlanta, Jacksonville, the second Rams game, and the second Arizona game we’re all pitiful performances.

Not to mention the third down defense the past two years and how pitiful it’s been. A change is needed.

There are excuses and there are facts

There were people in here giving Quinn an excuse in the Super Bowl. "Lane got hurt! Edelman abused that guy he sucked anyway! Tom Brady is Tom Brady"

Seems we make excuses for who we like. There's making excuses and there's being reasonable

Scorpion05

Reaction score
CPHawk":1itsuhn6 said:
pacific101":1itsuhn6 said:
I think Kris has done well as Our defensive coach and I think the fact that he was able to reassemble a credible defense in spite of all the injuries we experienced with way too many of our key players was impressive to say the least. However if Gus is at all interested in returning to Seattle, and Kris doesn’t catch a HC spot somewhere, to see him remain with the Seahawks and possibly share a spot with Gus, I think we would see a legion of Boom Boom evolve in 2018.

Go Seahawks!

Did we have a bunch of injuries for the Tennessee game, vs an O that scored 10 vs Jacksonville? Our D also couldn't stop Atlanta the last 2 games, yes the kicker missed some kicks this year but he shouldn't have been in that position if the D stepped up.

The Titans have been sporadic. They gave the Rams a run for their money and that game was extremely close. You know what made the difference? A competent offense by the Rams to win a tough road game

At least be balanced. You wanna say Richards should have done better fine, which defensive coordinator in the last 5 years faced as much as Richards this year and overcame it? Don't just factor in injuries, factor in our inept first half offense

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2dwrqp82 said:
I want to know whether this is a Paul Allen directive. Pete still wants to coach, but Paul told him the coordinators must go.
I guarantee you these changes do not occur without Allen's approval.

chris98251

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1nrrjcyo said:
ludakrishna":1nrrjcyo said:

Prove it, show the quote, show the link, show the video , you guaranteed it so we want prove or your guarantee is worth as much as a piss in the wind. No reason to have GM, Head Coach, Executive President of Football Operations to run the team and personnel I guess. That is what they get paid to do, hirer players, coaches, call plays etc or does Paul do that also.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brimsalabim":fwen7qtj said:
ludakrishna":fwen7qtj said:

Input yes? Approval? No.

The very reason Pete came here is because Allen promised him full control over the entire football side of operations. But like any good owner that delegates and trusts his employees to do their job, Allen gives Pete the rope he needs...........but also has input, especially when shizzle goes wrong like it did this year.

So yeah I'm sure Allen and Pete met after the end of the season, probably multiple times. But ORDERED Pete to make changes? No way, Pete would quit if that ever happened.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Did you even watch that super bowl ?
Brady was being shut down until lane and Avril I think went out
We just had no depth to be able to stop those routes but yeah , it's on the DC as well
That was back when lane was good but after that he was never the same guy
It does take good players as well as a good coach
Quinn
Bradley
Richard
In that order

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So still nothing official. Only that moron softy saying this???

captSE

Reaction score
My opinion is that the LOB made Kris Richard, not the other way around. He lucked out getting a system probably the product of Dan Quinn mostly.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":148j8rxe said:
So still nothing official. Only that moron softy saying this???

Not just Softy. Seattle Times confirms Richards was "suggested to find new work". Can't post the link because they block you after soo many articles per week, but look around, this is known to be true.

Here is another source.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/951141564788740097[/tweet]

Latest posts