LaMichael James injured

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":1ar559m7 said:
Don't forget our practice squads Jewel Hampton.

Yikes, you guys have a man named Jewel? I mean we got a guy named Christine but holy hell, JEWEL?!

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Throwdown":1jc70ynu said:
Sourdough #49":1jc70ynu said:

Yikes, you guys have a man named Jewel? I mean we got a guy named Christine but holy hell, JEWEL?!

You also have a Caylin and Percy :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":nf235glv said:
Throwdown":nf235glv said:
Sourdough #49":nf235glv said:

You would love to have Harvin on your team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":1c9ymhjq said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/27/lamichael-james-carted-off-during-49ers-practice/

Ouch. Thats 2 in 2 days. Kaep better start working in his accuracy.

I know this pains some hawk fans as well who are fans of the Ducks.
Well at least the NinaTrolls will have built in excuses when their season ends in an epic failure, AGAIN! 8)

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2hrzs9u0 said:
Sourdough #49":2hrzs9u0 said:
Throwdown":2hrzs9u0 said:
Sourdough #49":2hrzs9u0 said:

You would love to have Harvin on your team.

I respect the mans skills but he is a glass cannon in a division that prides itself on laying the wood. I want someone that can take the tops off defenses for us but he is too injury prone in my book to be worth the price tag he commands for the Niners.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nqzt7ix said:
Cartire":2nqzt7ix said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/27/lamichael-james-carted-off-during-49ers-practice/

Ouch. Thats 2 in 2 days. Kaep better start working in his accuracy.

I know this pains some hawk fans as well who are fans of the Ducks.
Well at least the NinaTrolls will have built in excuses when their season ends in an epic failure, AGAIN! 8)

These two out would only be a major factor if Gore gets injured. Otherwise Bowman, A. Smith, and our overhauled secondary are a much larger question mark for our success. I don't expect to see much of Marcus Lattimore until the second half of the season at the earliest. I pray Hyde is good at picking up blitzes, if you can't block your not going to see the playing field for the 49ers.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":1sr9ky1a said:
I respect the mans skills but he is a glass cannon in a division that prides itself on laying the wood. I want someone that can take the tops off defenses for us but he is too injury prone in my book to be worth the price tag he commands for the Niners.
Keep telling yourself that. Hell, you'd have won the Super Bowl last year if Percy Harvin had only been healthy for the final game.

Wouldn't have been worth his price tag to have a 6-0 Super Bowl record instead of 5-1, eh?

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1tsywu0t said:
Sourdough #49":1tsywu0t said:
Keep telling yourself that. Hell, you'd have won the Super Bowl last year if Percy Harvin had only been healthy for the final game.

Wouldn't have been worth his price tag to have a 6-0 Super Bowl record instead of 5-1, eh?
All woulda coulda shoulda speculation and besides Legion of Boom would take him out of the game Davis style early.

However to play your game, we also could have potentially won the Superbowl if we didn't lose Aldon Smith for 5 games, Crabtree most of the season and the ruffing the passer call on Brooks against Brees in the loss to the Saints just to name a few. Season came down to one game. Then we would have had home field and you guys the away game gauntlet. I would also go out on a limb and say we would have #6 with no Kyle Williams or Greg Roman. Unfortunately or fortunately in your case, things happened the way they did and you guys are the Champs going into this season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Niners fans need to stop with the Brees thing. Quarterbacks are protected in this league, particularly the elite ones. You can't clothesline 'em, lol. Penalties aren't just for what is actually done on the field, flags also get thrown for what things look like. Hence, why three flags were thrown despite a perfect textbook tackle by Kam Chancellor against Vernon Davis.

If you don't want a game being decided by one play or one flag...Play better.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The thing is Harvin is a difference maker when fit and healthy. Crabtree seems to spend just as much time injured but he is MEDIOCRE.

Oh and for the coulda woulda shoulda whiners: The harder I work the luckier I get - Samuel Goldwyn.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38ijwbrl said:
Niners fans need to stop with the Brees thing. Quarterbacks are protected in this league, particularly the elite ones. You can't clothesline 'em, lol. Penalties aren't just for what is actually done on the field, flags also get thrown for what things look like. Hence, why three flags were thrown despite a perfect textbook tackle by Kam Chancellor against Vernon Davis.

Well if the NinaTrolls get to bring up Brees, then I can bring up all of the obvious late hits by Bowman and Alldumb on Wilson that were not called in the 3 meetings plus the kicked fumble and Lane getting clotheslined by an whiner assistant coach on a live play........

Marvin49

Reaction score
...ya...sucks for LaMichael. He was gonna get a shot there...

...but to be honest I think he was a longshot the get the #2 RB gig. Still hurts depth, but at least he'll be back before the season starts. He did this one in college (dislocate his elbow that is). I'd expect him to be active on gamedays to return punts and kicks.

The guys the Niners and Niner fans have their eyes on are Carlos Hyde and Marcus Lattimore. In very limited time to see him, Hyde has looked good. Lattimore should come off NFI iun the next week or so and play in the preseason. I think it'll be Gore #1, Hyde #2, James #3, and Lattimore #4 (only because he won't play special teams so likely won't be active on gamedays...those things probably change quite a bit next year or if Gore gets hurt)

One thing tho...just looking at camp picks, but Hyde seems leaner than he was in college. Maybe just diff pads? Dunno.

tempRTL36965--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

tempRTL37250--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

tempRTL37492--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13wzimnu said:
RolandDeschain":13wzimnu said:

Well if the NinaTrolls get to bring up Brees, then I can bring up all of the obvious late hits by Bowman and Alldumb on Wilson that were not called in the 3 meetings plus the kicked fumble and Lane getting clotheslined by an whiner assistant coach on a live play........

Then I will bring up Andy Lees planted leg that got hit and should have resulted in a first down. Just remember this is Rolands game, I am simply playing along :).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":36wxi67g said:
Then I will bring up Andy Lees planted leg that got hit and should have resulted in a first down. Just remember this is Rolands game, I am simply playing along :).

Except that the Seahawk had his arms on the ground trying to avoid contact, making it incidental, making it the ref's discretion about what to call it. :)

All these Whiner excuses, gotta love 'em.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1s20clhk said:
The thing is Harvin is a difference maker when fit and healthy. Crabtree seems to spend just as much time injured but he is MEDIOCRE.

Oh and for the coulda woulda shoulda whiners: The harder I work the luckier I get - Samuel Goldwyn.

Nobody debates Harvin's ability, it's just that he misses a ton of games and even when he plays he's regularly dealing with an injury. It's not a fluke either. It's been six years of it in the NFL and it was the exact same story for all three of his years at Florida. He's a hell of a player and I applauded the Hawks rolling the dice on a large contract with him, but throughout his whole career he has pulled himself in and out of the games he even does play more than any other player I've ever seen.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2u8wdl12 said:
Nobody debates Harvin's ability, it's just that he misses a ton of games and even when he plays he's regularly dealing with an injury. It's not a fluke either. It's been six years of it in the NFL and it was the exact same story for all three of his years at Florida. He's a hell of a player and I applauded the Hawks rolling the dice on a large contract with him, but throughout his whole career he has pulled himself in and out of the games he even does play more than any other player I've ever seen.
Quick, without Googling, what was the issue plaguing Percy his entire life that was permanently fixed/resolved about a year before he was traded to us? There is a point to me asking, which we'll get to after you respond.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rixcztk said:
Popeyejones":2rixcztk said:
Quick, without Googling, what was the issue plaguing Percy his entire life that was permanently fixed/resolved about a year before he was traded to us? There is a point to me asking, which we'll get to after you respond.

Migraines

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":5sahmbiz said:
Migraines
Give this man a door prize. (Assuming you didn't cheat on me with Google, that is. You weren't unfaithful on me, were ya, bro?) If you look at what games he has missed in his NFL career while excluding migraine ones, he doesn't have much of an injury history in the traditional/normal sense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ojpx6qg said:
Marvin49":1ojpx6qg said:
Migraines
Give this man a door prize. (Assuming you didn't cheat on me with Google, that is. You weren't unfaithful on me, were ya, bro?) If you look at what games he has missed in his NFL career while excluding migraine ones, he doesn't have much of an injury history in the traditional/normal sense.

LOL. Nah...I already knew.

That is true, but Migraines weren't the only reason he missed games. Terrell Davis had the same medical condition, but never missed nearly as many games as Harvin has.

That's not to say he won't play every game going forward...just sayin that saying the Migraines were the only issue is kinda false. If that were the case, I doubt Minnesota would have traded him.