LaMichael James injured

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2sqqmbwd said:
RolandDeschain":2sqqmbwd said:
See whatever you want to see, Popeye. When you guys get friggin' roasted by the Seahawks this year with a healthy Percy, don't cry on our forum.

Oh, c'mon. :)

As I already said I'm rooting for the guy, and I was here to congratulate you guys as soon as the NFCC ended, and was rooting for you in the SB. You've got the wrong person. ;)
A NinaTroll rooting for Seattle in the Super Bowl??? < in my best Doctor Evil voice > "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttt!"

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
As far as Lamichael James though and yes I'm a ducks homer, I saw the kid take a hit in a game and he put one arm down and that arm was bent backwards at the elbow. It was ugly. He came off the field and after a series he was trying to get back in the game with a brace on I think but the game was well in hand by then and his backup (barner I think) was doing fine.
Kids tougher than some give him credit for. I don't think he'll be gone long unless something is actually broke.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1d1wzzb1 said:
RolandDeschain":1d1wzzb1 said:
I didn't say just migraines, as I already said. In his NFL history it's a fair part of what has factored into his game day attendance, though. Also, Marshawn Lynch is listed not practicing practically every week all season long every year due to his back, lol.

Just a general question about Marshawn...

...do you guys ever worry that he's gonna have a short career just because of that running style? It seems guys who run like that don't last all that long.

Don't get me wrong...I think he's the best in the NFL not named Adrian Peterson right now, but the way he runs through contact....just seems its gonna catch up with him someday.

He reminds me a bit of Marion Barber (tho much, much better) in that he was just a Barbarian....and then he was nothing overnight.

Barber was just a power back. He's totally unlike Lynch. What makes Lynch and ADP so special is that they're both as shifty and quick at the L.O.S. as any back in the league but can also juke, drag a pile or just bull someone over at the second level with equal effect. Barber (Jamal Lewis, on the other end of the spectrum Sanders, Shady, Dunn) were hedgehogs whereas Lynch, ADP (OJ, Bo) are foxes, IMO.

Think the difference between Charles Barkley and T-Mac. Even after the physical element of Barkley's game broke down he was still just as effective (on the Suns) because he did so many other things well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fdysmaw0 said:
Popeyejones":fdysmaw0 said:
RolandDeschain":fdysmaw0 said:
See whatever you want to see, Popeye. When you guys get friggin' roasted by the Seahawks this year with a healthy Percy, don't cry on our forum.

Oh, c'mon. :)

As I already said I'm rooting for the guy, and I was here to congratulate you guys as soon as the NFCC ended, and was rooting for you in the SB. You've got the wrong person. ;)
A NinaTroll rooting for Seattle in the Super Bowl??? < in my best Doctor Evil voice > "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttt!"

I'll root for any team that 1) hasn't won it before, 2) has more individual players I like, 3) beat my team on the way (losing to the best >>> losing to a loser), 4) pushed back against the finesse movement of the mid 2Ks in the NFL. Who to root for in the SB was pretty easy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":70yilopv said:
I'll root for any team that 1) hasn't won it before, 2) has more individual players I like, 3) beat my team on the way (losing to the best >>> losing to a loser), 4) pushed back against the finesse movement of the mid 2Ks in the NFL. Who to root for in the SB was pretty easy.

Take this man's Niner card.

When I am not having fun with the SF/SEA banter on this board (I mean come on, fans arguing about who talks about who more? ) I am a 46 year old football fan. For many years I cheered for the Niners after seeing their big turnaround as a 13 year old football junky. I literally pulled for the Niners to win every Super Bowl they won, then the alignment of the NFCW took place. It made it impossible to pull for them, especially after reading what the fans had to say.

The Raider fans were obnoxious, but I would take 10 Raider fans from a message board (very little traffic back then) before 1 Niner message board poster. The posts from the Niner community mostly talked about how easy things would be with only the Rams to contend with. The Cards and Seahawks were going to be easy prey on an annual basis as the Niners would enjoy years of postseason opportunities with the red carpet rolled out. When they didn't get their way, the pile of leftover scabs, snake skins, dead spiders and SoCal cock roaches all concatenated into the DenialNiner. It just isn't logical for a Niner fan to "root" for the Hawks, ever. Pick them to win and not like it? Sure, but for a Niner fan to share desire of the Hawks winning ANY game that doesn't help them is something bizarre.

We are talking about a group that was enraged when the Hawks took the 1 point lead in Atlanta. They were really pissed. The Hawks winning would have brought them to the Stick rather than having the Niners traveling to the East Coast, but they wanted the Falcons to win? I read the game thread, the .com board even started a thread titled "Come here to laugh at the Seahawks" as a result of the very close loss.

Niner fans have no business rooting for the Hawks unless it improves their forecast. I am more than understanding of that, I completely understand the comparisons post Super Bowl (Niners/Hawks a bigger game stuff) but the DenialNiner had the Super Bowl success as ammunition for years after losing, they fell back on it for an entire decade. No way any Niner fan wanted to lose that, but they did.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Every fanbase is exactly the same: 30 percent idiots and cranks, 30 percent fair weather, 20 percent normal people whose football fandom just turns them into overly emotional buffoons, 10 percent just messing around with other fans for the sport of it, and 10 percent who actually know the game, are fans of the game, and just root for their particular team but can actually hold a decent conversation about the sport.

IMO generalized claims about other fanbases tells one a fair amount about which category of fan the claimant falls, and very little about the fanbase being discussed.

mrt144

Reaction score
Popeyejones":djqst04h said:
Every fanbase is exactly the same: 30 percent idiots and cranks, 30 percent fair weather, 20 percent normal people whose football fandom just turns them into overly emotional buffoons, 10 percent just messing around with other fans for the sport of it, and 10 percent who actually know the game, are fans of the game, and just root for their particular team but can actually hold a decent conversation about the sport.

IMO generalized claims about other fanbases tells one a fair amount about which category of fan the claimant falls, and very little about the fanbase being discussed.

The only difference between fanbases is in the misery they've faced over the years.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I try not to generalize, in fact I am just giving you a hard time about taking your Niner card.

It's all just good comedy to me. Just what does "one" know about the fan doing the generalizing anyways? I gotta here this, especially since I typically use terms like "most" "many" "a lot" and "DenialNiner" which is a word I made up for the Bizarro World Niner fans.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^It means you're either in the thirty percent of idiots and cranks or the ten percent messing around with other fans for the sport of it. ;)

(Implying the latter, obvi.) :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
I hate to say it....

....but very often I can't stand being with other Niner fans. LOL.

I think it's the same with every fanbase so I'm not calling my own out on it, but I can't attend too many games because the peeps around me usually drive me nuts getting upset and make nonsensical arguments. I can NEVER watch in a sportsbar because its even worse.

I was at the GB playoff game in 2012 and I remember this guy in front of me complaining about the dink and dunk offense under Kaep. I explained to him that Kaps 8.3 yard average per attempt in 2012 was the highest in the whole of the NFL....and I might was well have been speaking Chinese.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rmvyqf4 said:
I hate to say it....

....but very often I can't stand being with other Niner fans. LOL.

I think it's the same with every fanbase so I'm not calling my own out on it, but I can't attend too many games because the peeps around me usually drive me nuts getting upset and make nonsensical arguments. I can NEVER watch in a sportsbar because its even worse.

I was at the GB playoff game in 2012 and I remember this guy in front of me complaining about the dink and dunk offense under Kaep. I explained to him that Kaps 8.3 yard average per attempt in 2012 was the highest in the whole of the NFL....and I might was well have been speaking Chinese.

This makes me laugh but only because I am the same way. I live in New England surrounded by Giants and Patriots fans. I spent 2 years out in Napa, California and didn't have any desire to be around other Niner fans. Probably the same reason I don't post on Web zone and just read the news articles. I was at the Patriots game in Dec 2012 and I wanted to choke out my own fan base worse than the Patriots fans.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
LOL. Marvin nailed it. Same here. No wonder we're all off in the wild on a rival team's board. :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":27azbsy5 said:
LOL. Marvin nailed it. Same here. No wonder we're all off in the wild on a rival team's board. :lol:
Remain at least somewhat reasonable and you're welcome to stay. :D

:thirishdrinkers:

(And yes, the 12th man has people like that, too...But dare I say it, the 49ers fan base seems to have a larger-than-average percentage of those types.)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Niner fans I run into and know have been totally cool. Even at the games there has been some friendly banter. However, at a bar in the glory days there were some serious nut jobs.

The drunk at the Ad-Lib, 1988 Super Bowl (89) arguing with a group of Bengals fans, letting it fly. When Taylor caught the ball for the game winner, the guy runs towards the the table with Bengals fans in an effort to intimidate. As he is screaming "NINERS!" He trips and slams his face into the table where the guys are sitting. They didn't even stop playing cribbage. They just looked at the floor and the bar wench said the cops were on the way. The guy's mouth was a bloody mess.

We got into the car and saw the police arrive just in time for the Niner fan to burst out the door, slap his hands on the hood of the cop car and scream "NINERS!" Again. They cuffed him and stuck him in the car. As we drove by, all we can see is the bloody mouth screaming "NINERS! " one more time, we couldn't hear it, but we knew what he was saying as blood splattered all over the window when he screamed.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1x8u7ree said:
The Niner fans I run into and know have been totally cool. Even at the games there has been some friendly banter. However, at a bar in the glory days there were some serious nut jobs.

The drunk at the Ad-Lib, 1988 Super Bowl (89) arguing with a group of Bengals fans, letting it fly. When Taylor caught the ball for the game winner, the guy runs towards the the table with Bengals fans in an effort to intimidate. As he is screaming "NINERS!" He trips and slams his face into the table where the guys are sitting. They didn't even stop playing cribbage. They just looked at the floor and the bar wench said the cops were on the way. The guy's mouth was a bloody mess.

We got into the car and saw the police arrive just in time for the Niner fan to burst out the door, slap his hands on the hood of the cop car and scream "NINERS!" Again. They cuffed him and stuck him in the car. As we drove by, all we can see is the bloody mouth screaming "NINERS! " one more time, we couldn't hear it, but we knew what he was saying as blood splattered all over the window when he screamed.

LOL.

I hate peeps who yell "NINERS!!" or "SEAHAWKS!!!" or whatever.

I have to admit if I were a Seahawk fan I'd be a terrible 12th man.

At Niner games I'm usually silent. Its not because I'm not into the game. It's exactly the opposite. I SOOO into the game that I forget to speak. LOL. I also don't drink (never have) so that might have something to do with it. :D

There are only a few games I've been to tho that I just started screaming uncontrollably.

1) Garrison Hearst 96 yard run in overtime
2) Alex Smith to Vernon Davis to beat the Saints in the 2011 playoffs
3) Kaps long run for TD vs the Packers in the 2012 playoffs
4) Navorro Bowmans pick 6 in the last ever game at Candlestick last year.

When I hear peeps after the game yelling "NINERS!!!!" and stuff like that...I just want to hide. I hate it. Especially when they are talking to fans of the other team. It takes courage to wear your colors in another teams stadium. I respect that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":qcpf9k0m said:
loafoftatupu":qcpf9k0m said:

LOL.

I hate peeps who yell "NINERS!!" or "SEAHAWKS!!!" or whatever.

I have to admit if I were a Seahawk fan I'd be a terrible 12th man.

At Niner games I'm usually silent. Its not because I'm not into the game. It's exactly the opposite. I SOOO into the game that I forget to speak. LOL. I also don't drink (never have) so that might have something to do with it. :D

There are only a few games I've been to tho that I just started screaming uncontrollably.

1) Garrison Hearst 96 yard run in overtime
2) Alex Smith to Vernon Davis to beat the Saints in the 2011 playoffs
3) Kaps long run for TD vs the Packers in the 2012 playoffs

When I hear peeps after the game yelling "NINERS!!!!" and stuff like that...I just want to hide. I hate it. Especially when they are talking to fans of the other team. It takes courage to wear your colors in another teams stadium. I respect that.
If it's any consolation, I have been to every SEA/SF game since 2002. The Digits fans haven't screamed "NINERS" since 2011. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3jkq3jc5 said:

Ooh, I've got you beat on sh!tty fandom for that one. We were by the endzone, and I just basked in the glory of it, watching it unfold for 95 yards while in absolute silence. I left the game with bruises all over my shoulders from my drunk friend punching me repeatedly in the back while he was screaming uncontrollably and freaking out that it was actually happening. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":396n3nxy said:
Marvin49":396n3nxy said:

Ooh, I've got you beat on sh!tty fandom for that one. We were by the endzone, and I just basked in the glory of it, watching it unfold for 95 yards while in absolute silence. I left the game with bruises all over my shoulders from my drunk friend punching me repeatedly in the back while he was screaming uncontrollably and freaking out that it was actually happening. :lol:

LOL.

:D