Les "Radish" RECOVERING from UPDATED BY RADISH HISSELF.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Les is home and resting comfortably. Not sure when he'll be well enough to get back on the boards.

When he was in the hospital, I asked him if there was anything he'd like to tell you all, and he said "Don't let this happen to you!".

Some of us take better care of our bodies than others -- and one thing for sure is over time our lifestyle catches up to us. Keep your weight down -- stay active -- take care of youself -- because when you're 71 you're REALLY going to wish you had.

grizbob

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2bjclh7n said:
Les is home and resting comfortably. Not sure when he'll be well enough to get back on the boards.

When he was in the hospital, I asked him if there was anything he'd like to tell you all, and he said "Don't let this happen to you!".

Some of us take better care of our bodies than others -- and one thing for sure is over time our lifestyle catches up to us. Keep your weight down -- stay active -- take care of youself -- because when you're 71 you're REALLY going to wish you had.

Thanks for the update 'storian, and the advice :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Somehow missed this earlier.. glad to hear his surgery went ok. Get well soon Les.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1sjjw5me said:

Yeah, it's the old "if I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself" line.

:)

Best wishes to :les: on a full recovery!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1v9vg9oz said:
Got word from Les yesterday that he was headed home. I'll try to get more later.
Awesome news, get well soon Les, we need you back for the regular season. :)

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
My prayers and thoughts are with you Les. You were a lot of help to me when I was a mod. Even though we haven't ever met in person, (because you won't come and visit me in Kansas lol) I honestly consider you a good friend. Get well soon.

Sean

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":j8gwnwrs said:

Good advice, now just to follow the plan... I wish I had followed the plan already and I'm not 71, at least not yet... :180670:

I just talked to Les and he sounded like he was in pain, and not real happy about the pain med's not doing enough... Talked to Darlene also, and at least he's home and on the mend... Like I told him, he wouldn't be at home if the Doctor's didn't think he was going to be OK... :les:

bowzerbird

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":29hhv0ti said:
I bear a minimum 6 lashings from this Radish one we speak of.

For the sake of time Les, I've gone ahead and cut a dozen switches ahead of time.

I can't resist this: Hey, can I join in the fun? Sounds like you IZ into S&M. Oh, what I'd give for one of those switches. Can I Can I!! OHHHHH! :lol: :twisted: :roll: :roll: ;) :sarcasm_on:

But for DA RADISH, Yo Less. Pain is part of the healing process but in time you'll get betta. And the pain actually is good, it gave you the warning you needed to git in the hospital ASAP and "git er dun" And when you get your new lease on life,

LET'S PARTAY

Ellen

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great news! Thanks for the update.

The Radish

Reaction score
Wife and I read all these and it wiped me out, need a nap now. lol thank you all again for the responses. Stan, they went in to do a heart cath & a couple stents. To much damage and since I had been sitting around 3 days with pretty bad chest pain they just decided to do it that evening. We are hoping to visit Puyallup this summer.

Most painful thing I've ever done I just told the doctor this morning.

These cute and many beautiful little nurses watch you all the time. Only had one guy for the entire stay. :th2thumbs:

They give you a heart shaped bright red pillow and teach you how to us it to get up without overdoing. They they all sign it and have you keep it with you all the time. Its awesome. Even drew the veins they bypassed for me to see.

Can't say enough about Sacred Heart Medical Center. they are the bomb.

:les:

OrFan

Reaction score
Glad to see you back, Les. Now take it easy with this place, in the grand scheme of things it is nothing more than a grain of dust. You and your family are far more important.

MOSES

Reaction score
The Radish":2ek00mfa said:
Wife and I read all these and it wiped me out, need a nap now. lol thank you all again for the responses. Stan, they went in to do a heart cath & a couple stents. To much damage and since I had been sitting around 3 days with pretty bad chest pain they just decided to do it that evening. We are hoping to visit Puyallup this summer.

Most painful thing I've ever done I just told the doctor this morning.

These cute and many beautiful little nurses watch you all the time. Only had one guy for the entire stay. :th2thumbs:

They give you a heart shaped bright red pillow and teach you how to us it to get up without overdoing. They they all sign it and have you keep it with you all the time. Its awesome. Even drew the veins they bypassed for me to see.

Can't say enough about Sacred Heart Medical Center. they are the bomb.

So glad you are resting and healing up. :)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hi Les...it is great to hear that you soon will be home resting. Get better soon! Hope that you can post more as time goes by. We've missed you!

hawk45

Reaction score
Praying for you Les, so damned tickled you are recovering. One of my very favorite NETers, a mod I hold in the highest regard, and just a genuine, wonderful guy. Thoughts and prayers from everyone in my household. We all miss you my friend.

The Radish

Reaction score
Damnit Rick you promised no more "cute" jokes. lol

Been home almost a week now and just moving along. See family doctor tues,(yes april fools day) Butt gets tired of sitting and funny it seems tender as hell where they worked on me. About like a loss to the ninniers.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":5bkstho3 said:
Damnit Rick you promised no more "cute" jokes. lol

Been home almost a week now and just moving along. See family doctor tues,(yes april fools day) Butt gets tired of sitting and funny it seems tender as hell where they worked on me. About like a loss to the ninniers.

Nothing hurts THAT bad!!

(Glad to see ya back my friend!)

Latest posts