Lets talk Atlanta...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
fuego":2ipztgho said:
Guys, Matt does have 4 playoff losses. But he does have one WIN. Now who was that against....I wonder?

You can't use the losing argument in the playoffs without talking about who we did beat the one time we won.

Gee, that post hasnt been made at least 47 times already :roll:

And actually, you can make that argument regardless. It shows a trend. Just like " Seattle can't win on the road in the playoffs" or Seattle can't win 10:00 pacific kickoffs.......we hear that type of stuff too. Some of it is legit. Some not so much

Dont like it? Tell Matty legend to start winning some games when it counts and it will go away.

Too bad he has to play Seattle this weekend. 0-1 against them this year....about as relevant as it gets :)

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
sdog1981":2lffrw8f said:
You can continue to be cocky, or you can understand you have a tall order ahead of you if you are to win this weekend. Seattle has earned their swagger. Atlanta has a lot to prove.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

With all due respect the Hawks have a pretty tall order as well. This isn't the Mike Smith Falcons and Matt Ryan clearly is playing at an MVP level. The Hawks defense still demands respect but it will have to bring it's A game to slow this offense down

Optimus25

Reaction score
fuego":3qv54z1y said:
Guys, Matt does have 4 playoff losses. But he does have one WIN. Now who was that against....I wonder?

You can't use the losing argument in the playoffs without talking about who we did beat the one time we won.

Isn't this the same logic falcons fans here are throwing out the window when they talk incessantly about how they've beat up all these non playoff teams, and then never mention the head to head???

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":bbv6t4o9 said:
Falcan Moore":bbv6t4o9 said:
chris98251":bbv6t4o9 said:
So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

Yeahhh. Went to the SB in 2005 as well genius

Don't bother. This guy is an idiot, he was exposed in another thread. Troll city.

His bandwagon thing reveals his true self. Only dipsh*ts resort to that, especially on another team's fan board.

He ran out of Falcons playoff highlights to watch...

fuego

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2qnpc8p9 said:
fuego":2qnpc8p9 said:

And actually, you can make that argument regardless. It shows a trend. Just like " Seattle can't win on the road in the playoffs" or Seattle can't win 10:00 pacific kickoffs.......we hear that type of stuff too. Some of it is legit. Some not so much

Dont like it? Tell Matty legend to start winning some games when it counts and it will go away.

Too bad he has to play Seattle this weekend. 0-1 against them this year....about as relevant as it gets :)

Just like your 4 playoff losses hasn't been made 47 times.

And Matty Legend will start winning come this Saturday.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
cesame":135mbm0n said:
Matt Ryan with 9 TD and 7 INT in his playoff career.

Terrifying

I still remember him throwing that terrible pick vs the Hawks last time in the playoffs. It's one thing for the LOB to make a great play, but it was just a terrible throw right into double coverage and it allowed Seattle to get back in the game.

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

One of them was on 1 yard line.

You really didn't go there did you? Pot meet kettle.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ShockerFalcon":3ml374zw said:
Lots of homerism on both sides of the fence on this thread. As usual the truth lies in between the 2 extremes and I expect the game to go much like the matchup from earlier this year. A hard fought game decided by 3pts or less good luck to the hawks I hope my dirty birds pull off the win though.

Most here are fully aware that this is going to be a tough game. You may even destroy us, who knows. Not really impressed with ass clowns that come on here feeling special because of one season and talking s---. And as I said before your team has had nothing really to brag about to have this much hubris.

cesame

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3bgcils8 said:
cesame":3bgcils8 said:

Terrifying

I still remember him throwing that terrible pick vs the Hawks last time in the playoffs. It's one thing for the LOB to make a great play, but it was just a terrible throw right into double coverage and it allowed Seattle to get back in the game.

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

It's actually 18 TD as Wilson just played a magnificent playoff game vs the Lions

Thx tho

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1af947sb said:
cesame":1af947sb said:

Terrifying

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

Tell me again what Atlanta has accomplished in the NFL?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Don't worry; Seahawks fans' optimism about this game will go as follows:

Sunday: We're invincible! We'll totally win this thing! Probably.

Monday: We're almost invincible! But Wilson is going to have a bad game. Let's hope the defense pulls this one out.

Tuesday: We're not invincible. Wilson will totally blow it, and the defense will probably collapse in the fourth quarter.

Wednesday: We kinda suck. The offense is terrible, Wilson is the worst quarterbacks in the league, and the defense blows!

Thursday: We totally suck. Offense is terrible, defense is terrible. Wilson is historically one of the worst quarterbacks ever.

Friday: We may set a record for ineptitude and suckitude in this game. Worst Seahawks team ever.

Saturday: We might have a chance!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ShockerFalcon":nwtstzpr said:
sdog1981":nwtstzpr said:
You can continue to be cocky, or you can understand you have a tall order ahead of you if you are to win this weekend. Seattle has earned their swagger. Atlanta has a lot to prove.
[/quote][/quote]

With all due respect the Hawks have a pretty tall order as well. This isn't the Mike Smith Falcons and Matt Ryan clearly is playing at an MVP level. The Hawks defense still demands respect but it will have to bring it's A game to slow this offense down[/quote]

You don't need to educate us about your team. We already beat you this year while holding the "legendary" offense to 24.

Defense wins in the playoffs. Been proven time after time.

We will see if Seattle decides to play it like they are capable of this weekend.

If not, it will certainly be a battle

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Optimus25":3tkj46y9 said:
fuego":3tkj46y9 said:

Isn't this the same logic falcons fans here are throwing out the window when they talk incessantly about how they've beat up all these non playoff teams, and then never mention the head to head???

I don't deny we lost in Seattle. But ya'll keep going on claiming you are gonna beat us in Atlanta... just like ya'll were saying in 2012.

I'd put a lot more stock into that prediction if the win had been in Atlanta...

chris98251

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":2ix9ofm0 said:
chris98251":2ix9ofm0 said:
So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

Mistype but your right, ever since we moved back to the NFC it's difficult to keep up with what seasons have done what, I mean with being in the Playoffs as much as we have it becomes harder to remember off hand which seasons we won what, Division, Conference, Super Bowls and all, Falcons are lucky I guess that they can count years of success with using their toes while being in the league 10 years longer.

Falcons

Playoff Games Played: 19 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (7 home, 11 away, 1 neutral)
Playoff Record: 7–12 .........(4–3 home, 3–8 away, 0–1 neutral)
Most Games Won, Season: 16 (14 regular — 2 playoff)................1998 13 (all regular season)....................2012 13 (all regular season)....................2010 12 (all regular season)....................1980 12 (11 regular — 1 playoff)................2004
Best Winning Percentage, Overall Season: .842 (16–3) .............................1998
Best Win. Per., Reg. Season: .875 (14–2) .............................1998
Playoff Berths: 12 .................(1978, ‘80, ‘82, ‘91, ‘95, ‘98, ......................‘02,‘04, ‘08, ‘10, ‘11, ‘12)
Division Titles: 5.......................1980, ‘98, ‘04, ‘10, ‘12
Conference Championships: 1 .......................................1998

Seahawks

All-Time Playoffs: 29 Games, 15-14
Wild Card Round: 11 Games, 7-4
Divisional Round: 11 Games, 4-7
Conference Championship: 4 Games, 3-1
Super Bowl: 3 Games, 1-2

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1hajlaur said:
cesame":1hajlaur said:

Terrifying

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

Wilson: Lombardi trophy.

/argument

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3t1qm57i said:
FalconsFanNW":3t1qm57i said:
cesame":3t1qm57i said:

Terrifying

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

1 less Super Bowl than the Jets, Chiefs, Bucs, Saints...and Seahawks?

Keep milkin' it bro...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
fuego":1ek5l6x5 said:
Hawkpower":1ek5l6x5 said:
fuego":1ek5l6x5 said:

Just like your 4 playoff losses hasn't been made 47 times.

And Matty Legend will start winning come this Saturday.

Detroit was probably tired of their "havent won a playoff game in 150 years" talk too.

We will see. Your defense sucks. Guess what wins in the playoffs?

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3gukx1tf said:
Falcan Moore":3gukx1tf said:
chris98251":3gukx1tf said:

Yeahhh. Went to the SB in 2005 as well genius

I was talking about you saying 2015 there. I'm well aware of that 2005 SuperBowl that, honestly, you should have won. And I was rooting for the Seahawks to take it there, because screw the Steelers, frankly.

Everyone is so easily offended here. Eesh. Was expecting something more along the lines of a few years ago, but I guess people are caught up in...I dunno. Are people just afraid? Hardly any actual football talk.

Falcons are allowing 17.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, ie since the bye week, against the #2, #6, #13, #15, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #15 to #16 offense, so a just barely above average range of offenses, and good for showing their marked improvement.

Seahawks are allowing 19.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, against the #4, #6, #15, #18, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #17 offense, so just barely below average range of offenses.

Hmm. Curious, that. Especially since every single game you played was against a common opponent of ours...and the Falcons went 6-0 in those games, considering where they were played, and the Seahawks went 3-3.

Even more interesting is that the Falcons averaged 36.67 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 28 and 33, against the Chiefs and Panthers defenses.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks averaged 22.5 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 5 and 10, against the Packers and Buccaneers defenses.

Odd that we would be confident outscoring our opponents 36.67 to 17.83 the last 6 games, while you outscored yours 22.5 to 19.83. Utterly baffling.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3dxk91bb said:
seahawkfreak":3dxk91bb said:
FalconsFanNW":3dxk91bb said:
cesame":3dxk91bb said:

Terrifying

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

Keep milkin' it bro...

You can expect these responses when fans of a team that has proven nothing, are here talking extreme smack on OUR board.

I thought you were over the loss and had nothing but love for the Seahawks as a Renton resident?

True colors my friend.

chris98251

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":5mdkh310 said:
seahawkfreak":5mdkh310 said:
FalconsFanNW":5mdkh310 said:
cesame":5mdkh310 said:

Terrifying

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

Keep milkin' it bro...

One less yes, and I hate this card but until you can boast having one your an also ran nobody remembers.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
fuego":217qui1k said:

You mean the same game in which a Falcons team eeked out a win on a last second FG after having been staked to a 20 point lead ... in the friendly confines of the Georgia Dome ... only to watch a then ROOKIE Russell Wilson shred that Falcons defense in the 2nd half and nearly engineer one of the greatest comebacks in NFL Playoff history? You mean that game?

Latest posts