Literally too good at home for primetime?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MadSweeney":3c3gdzvm said:
Hasselbeck":3c3gdzvm said:
Blitzer88":3c3gdzvm said:
Hasselbeck":3c3gdzvm said:
How is it punishment exactly?

These teams still have to fly up here and get their arses stomped.. they just won't do it on NBC or ESPN.

UH....not real sure.......I just don't like seeing the NFL talking heads actually thinking this way.

We should be thrilled. You know what the NFL schedule makers are doing?

They're throwing some logs on that fire and spraying it with gasoline.

This is a team that THRIVES on any subtle hint of being disrespected. Quite frankly, I love this news. Keep it coming.
How is this immense show of respect somehow disrespect? They destroy everyone they play, the schedule makers know it and have decisively paid tribute to it, yet you guys want to turn it into yet another of the endlessly appearing whinefests?

While your delivery sucks, your larger point about many Seahawks fans being unable to quit playing the disrespect card is spot on. But Hasselbeck's got a point here. It doesn't matter what the fanbase thinks... he's talking about the team. And this is a team that loves to take any perceived slight - real or imaginary, intentional or unintentional - and use it for motivation. I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least a small bit of "the NFL doesn't want people seeing us" fuel added to the players' fire at points this season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Dam. I just had to delete a thread on this. My bad for not reading first.
Wasn't that long ago that we weren't good enough to be "prime time"
Now we are too good?
Oh well, we got the spots, just not at home. I hope those games are blow outs too.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Again...this is all about money, not disrespect to the Seahawks. We still have 8 home games and 8 away games. But if we destroy teams in prime time, companies could become less willing to spend top dollar on commercial slots. Follow the money.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Denver trounced their home opponents all season long and they get 3 home games televised.

I've been telling you guys all along, it's political. The right wing "are you ready for some football" conservatives are the powers that be in the NFL and they hate the liberal, tree hugging people of Seattle. That's why Seattle gets perrenially screwed in the scheduling. That's why we got cheated out of SB XL, that is why they really don't schedule us any home games on TV. They hate us. Literally. For political reasons.

All this "we're too good for ratings" bullcrap is exactly that. Bullcrap. Looking at every other team that's blown out their opponents at home proves it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1bqks53a said:
Denver trounced their home opponents all season long and they get 3 home games televised.

All three of Denver's losses were in prime time games in 2013, just for the record. :) Sunday Night Football for @ Colts and @ Patriots, and Thursday Night Football vs. Chargers. Plus, they only beat the Raiders by 16 on Monday Night Football at home, and they won by 10 points at home on Sunday Night Football versus the Chiefs.

Literally every single regular season prime time game they played last year was more competitive than our last three home prime time games. It would seem that the Broncos, if anything, step down under the spotlight. Losers. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ba3ijaw said:
Typical NFL. Whatever. I'm with Roland, bring it on. This team could be better than last year (Percy).
Agreed, not worried at all. It actually works in our favor anyway by being obvious motivation. Also the new flex rules work to our advantage also.

Cartire

Reaction score
Almost half of our road games on prime time. The road just became easier in my opinion.

We went furthest from 10 am on the road. We seem to be way more energetic and focused at night. Our record of prime time victories is one of the best. This is a good thing.

Anyone who thinks this is a disadvantage is not looking properly. These just became three wins on the road in my eyes.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":jstjgtw2 said:

I've been telling you guys all along, it's political. The right wing "are you ready for some football" conservatives are the powers that be in the NFL and they hate the liberal, tree hugging people of Seattle. That's why Seattle gets perrenially screwed in the scheduling. That's why we got cheated out of SB XL, that is why they really don't schedule us any home games on TV. They hate us. Literally. For political reasons.

All this "we're too good for ratings" bullcrap is exactly that. Bullcrap. Looking at every other team that's blown out their opponents at home proves it.
What in the sam hill are you talking about? Are you seriously saying the big TV networks are conservitive? It has everything to do with ratings(we just don't have the same amount of people as the East coast and California teams do) and has absolutely nothing to do with us blowing people out and it certainly has nothing to do with your bizarro theory.

Cartire

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1azjjkoe said:
SalishHawkFan":1azjjkoe said:

What in the sam hill are you talking about? Are you seriously saying the big TV networks are conservitive? It has everything to do with ratings(we just don't have the same amount of people as the East coast and California teams do) and has absolutely nothing to do with us blowing people out and it certainly has nothing to do with your bizarro theory.

No way you responded to that. I was waiting to see if someone would.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
volsunghawk":oz39iskk said:
While your delivery sucks, your larger point about many Seahawks fans being unable to quit playing the disrespect card is spot on. But Hasselbeck's got a point here. It doesn't matter what the fanbase thinks... he's talking about the team. And this is a team that loves to take any perceived slight - real or imaginary, intentional or unintentional - and use it for motivation. I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least a small bit of "the NFL doesn't want people seeing us" fuel added to the players' fire at points this season.

Thank you for understanding my point.

I meant the team will take it as a slight. I personally don't care what time they play or on what network.. they can play on Oxygen or QVC for all I care.

But the team? Keep giving them the smallest thing to turn into a big thing in their eyes. I love it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3f21v80v said:
if it were the Cowboys, Giants or the Broncos they would have it flipped the other way around.

Right, cause those teams pull massive ratings.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The fans and season ticket holders are the ones who are getting punished. Less opportunity to go to Hawk games during primetime, which is a fun stadium experience.

chihawk

Reaction score
On a positive note, more prime time games on the road means less early east coast games. I would rather play at Redskins on MNF than 1pm (ET) on Sunday.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
And, if we play so well in prime-time games, then make them road games.

We already win at home; we also win on the road. Period.

Go Hawks!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Cartire":2zqixo1x said:
Natethegreat":2zqixo1x said:
SalishHawkFan":2zqixo1x said:

No way you responded to that. I was waiting to see if someone would.

Good luck and Godspeed.
Lol, +1.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Wizofwest":3vcvkrv3 said:
Again...this is all about money, not disrespect to the Seahawks. We still have 8 home games and 8 away games. But if we destroy teams in prime time, companies could become less willing to spend top dollar on commercial slots. Follow the money.

That's all this is. A simple business decision. Anyone taking this personally, or as an affront to our fanbase is wasting time and energy.

I think it's AMAZING. Our Seahawks are so unprecedentedly dominant at home in evening games that network execs and the League are wary of scaring away advertisers. That is flabbergastingly amazing!

And those recent blowouts have been against top-shelf opponents, too. Awesome. Can't wait for the games. :snack:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
For those whining, think of it this way...

For a prime time game, would you rather watch a pretty good team on the road against an elite team?... or rather a pretty good team hosting an elite team?

The latter is by far my choice.

It makes perfect sense to me that we get only one prime time game at home this year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
chris98251":3hy1oz1m said:
It's fear of the 12th man, it's fear of the team stomping NFL they know we amp it up at home, if it were the Cowboys, Giants or the Broncos they would have it flipped the other way around. We don't have an owner that is high profile in the NFL in Jerry Jones, we don't have a Team President that was a Golden boy while he played John Elway and the closest thing to Christ in the league in Peyton Manning, we don't happen to be the commissioners favorite team in the Giants.

It's market sure, but it's also a backhanded slap in the face for making the Super Bowl a joke of a game. For making Peyton and John look like Buffoons and B league.

It's a backhanded slap to the 12th man who proved they make a difference not only at home but on the road in the leagues biggest game.
This is outrageous...and reeks of the truth.